YF-21 Fastpack Edition

Valkyrie Nut

I've been thinking about getting Yamato's YF-21 fastpack. I wasn't really into Macross when it first came around so I've started collecting now. I have the VF-11B Fastpack and was quite impressed with it so I was wondering if the YF-21 is a worthy addition to my collection considering I don't have the original

Since I was lucky enough to pick up an original YF-21 (thanks Monkey Nugget) and VF-11B (thanks Vegas Valkyrie) I wasn't too keen on getting the Fast Pack version. But, luckily I came upon a great deal on E-Bay and picked it up.

Several months later and I'm already trading it with Mylene' for a Strike 1/60. I guess I didn't really like it THAT much. Oh well. :p

If you enjoyed the VF-11B FP, chances are you'll probably like the YF-21FP. It's not really up to par with Yamato's current toys... in fact, I don't even own it, and yet I'm pretty sure it's crap compared to Yamato's current toys. However, it may be the only YF-21 out for awhile so if you're itching for it, then go ahead and pick one up. I'm secretly hoping they make a 1/48 version, but I'm not holding my breath...

true its not accurate enough but chances are another version wont be around for a while so ill probably buy it. on the subject of the YF-19 im waiting for the re-mold which hopefully will come out next year as i think the first versions werent done very well

true its not accurate enough but chances are another version wont be around for a while so ill probably buy it. on the subject of the YF-19 im waiting for the re-mold which hopefully will come out next year as i think the first versions werent done very well

Don't buy full price though. I have yet to see someone who doesn't feel like busting it with a baseball bat on their first transformation attempt... me included. :unsure:

Personally, I like the -21FP.... Except that it's purple, but that's another issue.

Transformation: Is REALLY tough the first time. and I think it will be tough the second time too. :p I've transformed mine into each mode once so far and now she's back in the box for the time being until I get my display case built.

I say, if you like the M+ line then get one. It looks great in all modes I think (especially fighter). Like Abombz!! said though, try to find a good price on it. I paid full retail, and I'm ok with that, but if you can find a better deal then by all means. :)

I have the fast pack version on the way now...it should get here monday...I hope

I had the old toy, and I liked it a lot, but I sold it because the fast pack version was coming out....now, I am eagerly awaiting this new version.

I would like to see the toy produced in a 1/48 scale or so, that would be the ultimate.

Larry

Before I got my low-viz the YF-21FP was my favorite valk. Bit wobbly in battroid but not too bad IMO (better than 1/60 VF-1, I think) but I just love that Q-rau-esque stance. Love fighter mode too. Oddly, don't think I've ever left the transformation at Gerwalk...

I like the color, but would have preferred the originals... and think they could have left the new scheme to a custom VF-22S ala the Low-Viz. Oh well. B)

I'd recommend getting it. If you're a completist collector or a casual collector, it's definitely one to get. The original issue had the bad shoulder sliders and didnt look to good in fighter mode. The FP version looks a little sleeker in fighter mode, plus it has the FPs AND 2 guns :o Now dats bad@ss!!!

1/48 versions of the 11, 19 and 21 would be very cool

Now that's what I'm waiting for. I know they would be a bit larger than the 1/48 VF-1, but I want all the detail that this scale brings. If Yamato decides to upgrade with 1/60 versions of the Mac+ toys only, I wouldn't mind owning those.

Ah, reading this topic really makes me wanted to buy one.

I have the old YF-21 and really like it. Of course I like the new fighter mode on the new YF-21 with Fastpack.

I'm just worried that next year probably Yamato will release a 1/48 scale Mac Plus, then I will be sorry for spending so much now ;)

By the way, that is just my opinion. Don't want PenPals to think that there is a 1/48 scale Mac Plus :lol:

Am i the only one that likes the colour?

Hybrichild

Yes. :lol:

Nope.... I like it too. :p

Yeah, well that's because you guys are weird.... :lol: J/k :ph34r:

I say give in to that impulse. I have 2 YF-21 FP editions and I love them. After you mess with it for awhile the legs do not bother you. I can get mines to stand fine. Fighter mode is just fearsome now. You see that comming and you know it is lights out for you.

I also have the old YF-21 and have added 2 VF-11B FP editions. I recommend those too.

I say give in to that impulse. I have 2 YF-21 FP editions and I love them. After you mess with it for awhile the legs do not bother you. I can get mines to stand fine. Fighter mode is just fearsome now. You see that comming and you know it is lights out for you.

I also have the old YF-21 and have added 2 VF-11B FP editions. I recommend those too.

Oh, Yamato loves you.

I like my YF-21FP for the most part. I didn't like the drag racer look it had in fighter with the Fast Packs on, so I just took them off. Now it's as sleek as it should be, and the detail is rather good as well. Battroid looks good, but the backpack would not stay in place for me, so I just leave it as a static piece now in fighter without the Fast Packs. It's a welcome addition to my collection, especially since I missed them the first time around. Now I just need my new -19's. And another -11 if I ever find them on sale.