Awesome paper models

Paper Starships

Everyone who likes spaceships and paper models should check out this site, it has tons of ships from Babylon 5, Homeworld, Star Trek, Starwars, and even one from Wing Commander.

Most of the ships are from the PC game Homeworld, but even so, they are all free to download. I started on one today ^^

awww no x-wing or AT-AT. My friends building an AT-AT right now that he just printed out. I wonder why these guys don't have that file.

awww no x-wing or AT-AT. My friends building an AT-AT right now that he just printed out. I wonder why these guys don't have that file.

It's not a starship?

yeah, but the death star isn't either and it's still on there. Same goes for the tie interceptor and tie fighter. ;)

Wow!!! Homeworld ships! Mundo coolness!!! :lol:

Nope, I recognized the Eva-01, Eva-00, Gundam and Char's Zaku II because I have the original CD-ROMs, complete with pre-printed parts on heavy stock paper.

Would it be smart to do so???

Nope, I recognized the Eva-01, Eva-00, Gundam and Char's Zaku II because I have the original CD-ROMs, complete with pre-printed parts on heavy stock paper.

Would it be smart to do so???

To download them? As long as the companies who own the copyrights don't go RIAA on the site and demand they fork over the IP addresses of people who downloaded...

.rar = compressed file, get WinRAR to decompress.

Not a paper starship, but I always thought this was very cool:

http://aliens.humlak.cz/aliens/Aliens_papi...rcraft/m41.html

The M41 pulse rifle from Aliens, complete with removeable magazine, sliding foregrip for grenade launcher, and even comes with grenades. Favourite Private Hudson quote not included :D

Site also carries link to WinRAR if anybody doesn't want to search for it.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Akilae

Common scale? lol, no, that would put a model of one of the HW carriers or Battlecruisers at several feet long. However, you can make the image bigger or smaller before you print it using Photoshop or somthing like it.

BTW, I did see a pic of the Vaygr Battlecrusier on the site, it looked to be about 2 feet long.

I just wish they weren't in PDF format, it's making it more difficult to edit the things than need be. I want to make the Hiig ships in my colours, with my logos all over them if I'm going to bother printing them out and putting them together.

Oh, and just to be certain, before I waste materials, anyone ever tried printing stuff like these on cardstock to make them more sturdy? Does that work as well as I would presume it would?

Ok, I've picked apart the PDF and I'm editing my very own Hiig Battlecruiser. I'm going to print it out on card stock so it's sturdier, and I'll post pictures if I manage to finish.

I was actually there when Paper starships was formed.

It's home was on the Relic message boards for Homeworld. My name is Ceade over there and I haven't visited it in quite a while...

I had plans origionally for a HW minis game that would have used these paper starships.

• 1 year later...
Cardstock is the only way to go. "paper" model is a bit of a misnomer.

161386[/snapback]

soooooo many pop-ups :blink:

remember... paper plans can be scaled and made of more than just paper. PVC and plywood for example. Depending on how much pvc I can scavege from work and what I have left over from my irrigation system I kinda want to build an upsacled monster with pvc potato gun cannons to harass the neighbors. "turn that music down!" [Why... gonna call the cops?] [No... eat spud!!!" :lol:

Cardstock is the only way to go. "paper" model is a bit of a misnomer.

161386[/snapback]

soooooo many pop-ups :blink:

remember... paper plans can be scaled and made of more than just paper. PVC and plywood for example. Depending on how much pvc I can scavege from work and what I have left over from my irrigation system I kinda want to build an upsacled monster with pvc potato gun cannons to harass the neighbors. "turn that music down!" [Why... gonna call the cops?] [No... eat spud!!!" :lol:

331610[/snapback]

or... get a dead bird or squirrell, throw it to their front door with a note "You're next"... :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Pssst... :ph34r:

88_1.jpg

Get "pepakura viewer". No manual, just build using the questionmark icon button to show the corresponding flap on the model preview (surface is indicated with red).

Make sure your printers margin is set to 0mm to print to the max. edge of the paper as possible (if your printer supports that).

If some parts don't fit, its excess you can cut away with ease.

I haven't build mine yet. Enjoy!

zipped PDO file here

Edited by Kin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...