Yamato 1/48 production "block" numbers?

Skull Leader

(this is not a problem post... please see the pinned problem post if you have a problem with your Yamato valkyries)

I was comparing differences between my Hikaru 1S, low vis, and my cousin's original Hikaru VF-1A. I knew that the original 1A was the first run with the Hikaru S falling as the "end result"-"problems fixed" version. But I noticed something about the low vis... although it features all of the "max-plus" improvements, it features the older-style non-curved headrest. I'm trying to establish the "block" numbers for the production runs and here's what I've come up with. If this works out, it may allow us to use a common terminology when referring to certain types of Yamatos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Block 1 (original heavily flawed production run)

-Hikaru Ichijo VF-1A

-Roy Focker VF-1S

Block 2 (Fixed cockpit gap, better flaps/nosecone/airbrake, skulls aligned)

-Max Jenius VF-1A

-Low Visability VF-1A (featured special Macross-Zero pilot)

Block 3 (All fixes, plus updated-curved headrest)

-Hikaru Ichijo VF-1A (Reissue)

-Roy Focker VF-1S (Reissue)

Block 3.5 (Same as above, but featuring new (better) Pilot)

-Hikaru Ichijo VF-1S

Block 4 (As above, featured TV style hands and pilots)

-Hikaru Ichijo VF-1J Super

-Max Jenius VF-1J Super

-Milia Jenius VF-1J Super

Block 1

-Super/Strike Valkyrie Parts (DYRL versions)

Block 2

-Super Valkyrie Parts (TV series versions) *Not available separately*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

toy nitpickers, feel free to fire away on this... I want to know, is it accurate? If something varies from this, I'd love to know about it

*edited for corrections*

Edited by Skull Leader

I'm not sure about the rest of the releases, but the pilots issued with the Re-issue VF-1A/S are the same as the the originals.

Block 3 (All fixes, plus updated-curved headrest and new(better) pilot)

-Hikaru Ichijo VF-1S

-Hikaru Ichijo VF-1A (Reissue)

-Roy Focker VF-1S (Reissue)

:D

eming,

You're right about Hikaru's VF-1S including the better 2nd Rev DYRL Pilot Scuplt. I had a bunch of re-issues Roy VF-1S and Max VF-1A and for the love of God, I have no idea why Yamato re-used the old rev 1 craptastic DRYL pilot.

No new Hikaru 1S pilot for Roy and Max. :(

But Rohby recasted the pilots (You ROCK ROHBY) which has solve my pet peeve about the re-issues.

Edited by Neova

ahh, never handled one of the reissues and I assumed since they came out after the Hikaru 1S that they'd feature the updated pilot. I altered my original post to reflect the changes.

It's strange, it seems like with almost every new release you're getting a different Valkyrie (even if the changes are minimal)