Banpresto Valks

0Coota0

A store in town has a few of them and I assume from what I've sen on the web that the'yre considerably cheaper than the Yammato Valks, I was thinking about getting one to try some customazations on, and I just wanted to know if anybody knew anything about them.

Here's a picture from the BBTS website

Website

I've got 2 of them. The VF-1J done in tv Max colours, and a Super Cannon Fodder Brown. They're cheap, have no locking systems, and are a bit floppy. They are fun to play with, and with a bit of work, can hold some interesting poses. The FAST packs can be accepted by any of the valks, so you can swap them out when you want. I'd say go for it. The Hikaru 1A is on sale at HLJ.com

Hiya,

I actually really like these because you can mess with them and nor worry about breaking them 'cause they are fairly low priced items.

I wouldn't compare these with the Yamatos or Bandais though because, well, they are in a completely different category.

Oh, and we also carry a bunch of them, and also a set of 5 (the regular ones, not the super valks). Please click HERE for more info.

Edited by twinmoons

The Banprestos... are lacking.

I got 4 of em, and mostly because I got a stea of a price for em, even less than what people here paid. I have 4 of them which I paid a total of 27$ so about 4.50 a piece shipped.

Anyhow, my first one was the Fokker Strike, and man, if I didn't spend a good 45 minutes posing that sucker and getting the pieces to hold in place. The arms at the hsoulders fell off, the leg armor wouldnt stay on, the backpack flopped over, the hand with the gun pose... wouldn't hold the gun. I could go on, but you get the idea.

I do have to say this though... for the price I got them for, with a little work, these babies couldbe great. Proportionally, theya re quite nice, and the detail on the armor specifically is wonderful, especially at that small size. I think I'll have to custom each one of them, but when I am don, I am sure they will be splendid. Materials are weak, but there's potential there. Just know, in this case, you really get what you paid for, htough the price I generally see for these are from $13 - $18, I thikn they are more worth $5 or so.

Just my 2 cents.

:Dat

Yeah, they're the HEAT!!! I have 3 of 'em at work sitting on my desk to fiddle around with during the day. Pretty cheap ($) and high marks for playability at work. Plus I dont worry if some muldoon picks em up and sez "cool transformer thingie, dude" :p

I have 4 or 5, if you coat the ball joints w/clear nail polish, and get some blue tac( a sticky, removeable putty which leaves no residue, available at most hobby shops) for the parts that wont stick, the go from good toys for the maney to truly awesome. With these simple modifications, they will hold some great poses. I reccomend them.

Yep - all my banprestos have blue tac to stiffen the joints. I like them personally, but I try to avoid touching them as they are as solid as a house of cards! one touch and they fall apart.

Heh, the Topic Title & Descripion of this thread " Banpresto Valks

Anybody know anything about them?" made me laugh out loud.

Asking that sort of question on the MW Toy Forums, which has the most knowledgable group of Macross toy enthusiasts in the world is akin to asking Stephen Hawking what he knows about the universe . :lol:

Graham

So basically thye're cheap and if I want to use it for a little practice modification, it's good for that

yep. get em if they're cheap. I noticed hlj.com is having a sale on the super hikaru.

What I DO like about them is they look cool on a shelf if you have a few other scale toys - sort of like a school photo with the shortest guys in front. I have a shelf with my banprestos, a 1:72 hase battroid, 1:60's and 1:55's. oh, and 3 of those mini destroids the exo squad toy line rereleased.

My secret shame is I paid WAY too much money for the roy, max and hikaru when they first came out, and everyone was saying how limited the Max one was so I shelled out money thinking how cool they'd be... <_<

I love Banpresto threads.

If they are cheap and you're willing to do the mods necessary, they are great little figures. I've have a huge fleet of them that I'm looking to display and customize but haven't had a chance yet. For a while anytime I saw a Super CF I had to buy it. Kind of like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory and Catcher in the Rye.