Yamato Koenig Monster News

Renato

... But unfortunately I don't have a scanner.

Anyway, for those that can check out the latest issue of "Figure Oh" magazine, there is a 20-odd page feature detailing the history of Macross toys from Takatoku to Yamato, with a little bit of news on upcoming items too.

Oh, and the VF-0S still looks crap.

... But unfortunately I don't have a scanner.

Anyway, for those that can check out the latest issue of "Figure Oh" magazine, there is a 20-odd page feature detailing the history of Macross toys from Takatoku to Yamato, with a little bit of news on upcoming items too.

Oh, and the VF-0S still looks crap.

Well at least tell us how it looks!

I bought that magazine last week. In fact the cover pic from the magazine is now the new MW main page pic :D

The pic of the VB-6 is nothing special. It's just a very small pic that shows a grey color VB-6 in Battroid, Gerwalk and Bomber modes.

I'll try and scan it tonight if I have time.

Graham

Sculpt rocks. Must have it. Must have 2.

Apon seeing the Battroid Pics and the Gerwalk pic, I am REALLY excited about this toy! I cant say that enough! I am also excited for the Macross Zero Toys! I wonder when we are going to have a painted version to look at?

Larry

I hope the cannon length is a perspective thing in that picture, cuz they look a mite stubby to me!.

I'd like to see a shot from the side so we can see how long the cannons really are in "gerwalk" mode.

BTW - when did the true form of the Monster become Gerwalk mode? :p

wow , look at the detail :ph34r:

This is far better than what i expected , Gerwalk mode looks weird but that´s because he legs are extended in a L position.

I bought that magazine last week. In fact the cover pic from the magazine is now the new MW main page pic 

The pic of the VB-6 is nothing special. It's just a very small pic that shows a grey color VB-6 in Battroid, Gerwalk and Bomber modes.

I'll try and scan it tonight if I have time.

Graham

Any other artwork in that mag ? it seems it covered a lot of macross

Edited by Aegis!

I hope the cannon length is a perspective thing in that picture, cuz they look a mite stubby to me!.

I'd like to see a shot from the side so we can see how long the cannons really are in "gerwalk" mode.

BTW - when did the true form of the Monster become Gerwalk mode? :p

Look at the destroid mode, the cannons are pretty long indeed. Probably just a perspective thing in the gerwalk pic.

The arms do look short in gerwalk mode. According to the linart, the arms extend well past the feet, whereas in that picture they appear to be at about the same level. However, it wouldn't surprise me if that funky angle is screwing with my perspective. Yamato, we need more pics! ;)

edit: Added pic. Upon closer inspection, there are a few other inconsistencies, but nothing worth mentioning.

post-4-1086044007_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Does anyone know how big or what scale this item will be?

1/100 scale, just like the IHP model was.

Does anyone know if we have any chance of still seeing the original Destroid monster produced? Or has it been usurped by the Konig? Don't get my wrong, I love the VB-6! I was just quite looking forward to the coffee table sized original monster. :)

The arms do look short in gerwalk mode. According to the linart, the arms extend well past the feet, whereas in that picture they appear to be at about the same level. However, it wouldn't surprise me if that funky angle is screwing with my perspective. Yamato, we need more pics! ;)

edit: Added pic. Upon closer inspection, there are a few other inconsistencies, but nothing worth mentioning.

It looks to me that the arms slide back and forth at the shoulder, so maybe it's not extended to it's full length (speculation). The arms flip upside down in battroid mode so that maybe where the sliding action is useful.