Yamato 1/48...

Ido

Hello, I am new.

I have just buyed a Yamato 1/48 VF-1A Max dyrl version, I would like to know something about the takatoys stickers, are they really better then yamato's? I think that the standard stickers looks really bad, especially on the darker parts... or i didn't stick them correctly?

Ehm... I lost one of the cover for the screw on the right leg, (i don't know how <_<) what can I do for that?

One last thing, how resistent is the blue paint? I noticed that is a little cancelled on the edges.(nothing serious however) what kind of paint can I use to fix that?

Thanks a lot to everyone.

I have to say that Macrossworld is a really good site. ;)

Welcome to Macrossworld!

Takatoys decals are far better than the stock Yamato decals. They're a lot thinner, so they mold to the toy better (as so not to peel off).

Short of finding someone who can sell/give you another cover (check with MW member "Neova"), there's not much you can do for the missing cover... those aren't a very big deal though.

I can't help you much on the paint, but the painted sections on my 1/48 haven't had any problems... so I would think it to be very strong.

I bought Takatoys stickers for my 1/48 and they are well worth it.

The only drawback is that you have to cut them out yourself.

But decent scissors, or even better a sharp hobby knife, a good straightedge and a little patience will work just fine.

It's also nice to keep the original stickers mint for what that's worth. I wouldn't buy replacement stickers solely for that reason, but it is a nice side benefit.

The other advantage is multiple copies of most stickers on the sheet. Back-ups in case of mess-ups, I also think you could probably (I'd have to look at the sheet again to make sure) sticker up two (or more) Valks with one sheet.

Enjoy.

Thank you. :)

Cut the stickers isn't a problem, are they hard to apply?

I forgot one thing... the side panel covers for the battroid mode don't stay up because they don't fit in the opposite holes that are too distant, but I can't close the chest further more... someone have the same problem?

Thank you. :)

Cut the stickers isn't a problem, are they hard to apply?

I forgot one thing... the side panel covers for the battroid mode don't stay up because they don't fit in the opposite holes that are too distant, but I can't close the chest further more... someone have the same problem?

Here's a review I did of TakaToys stickers quite a while ago. They've only gotten better since that time.

About the chest plate panels. Things have to be perfect before they will fit. Don't force anything, but just make sure that you have every tab in every slot and everything seems right. Even then though, they don't stay very well.

H

Oh, and I've found that a good, sharp, name-brand hobby knife is the best way to go. I don't even need a straight-edge. A little patience and a very sharp knife is all you should need. Just drag the knife across. Very little pressure should be necessary.

The only thing I use scissors for are the round Macross emblems.

H

Here's a review I did of TakaToys stickers quite a while ago.  They've only gotten better since that time.

This is Nice, thanks, I'll definitely buy it.

I have a set of hobby knifes and I'am good in manual works fortunately.

About the chest plate panels.  Things have to be perfect before they will fit.  Don't force anything, but just make sure that you have every tab in every slot and everything seems right.  Even then though, they don't stay very well.

H

Ok, I'll try again.

Hey Ido how's it going? congrats on the 1/48, too bad for the missing cover :( somewhere on the boards there was a thread about "broken - missing parts" I think posted by monkey-n , I will try to find it for you and post a link but I'm leaving here shortly for a while. As for the paint, regular blue and black testors (little bottles) would work fine, just mix a few drops of black paint (if needed) into the blue paint mix, compare, repeat if nec. Make sure to remove any oils on the surface to be painted or touched up. Use mineral spirits, rubbing alcohol or dish detergent and rinse well, this will ensure good adhesion for your paint and prevent fish eye effect on larger areas. Good luck and enjoy your kick ar$$ yammmie! :D

Thank you people, you are very usefull, I haven't intention of paint my Valk for the moment but i have to do this if the situation worsen, for the moment is a little cancelled on the edge but is just an half millimeter. ;)