Toynami Masterpiece Valks vs 1/60 Yamato...

JLYC

Toynami lacks quality. You can pick one up for 20 bucks at gamestop nowadays. Yamato is for the big boys.

20 bucks? Really? Ironic since they'd be limited "collector's editions" eh?

Toynami lacks quality. You can pick one up for 20 bucks at gamestop nowadays. Yamato is for the big boys.

there's nothing collectible about them other than a pretty stupid box.

Don't forget that the 1/60th legs have been known to fall off from a battroid at the lightest gust of air stirring about the room.

havent' had that problem with mine.

however toynami products are garbage.

I need a Jack Archer Veritech and $20 is all I would pay for one, any help would be awesome. ;)

If I go to the mall I'll make sure to look out for one. However I think these video game stores stoped carrying these toys because they were non-profitable.

The 20 bucks deal was when some national chain (GameStop I think ) was blowing out their toys last year. That price didn't last as you can't find any toys at GameStops these days.

Didnt a Toynami MPC Rick Hunter VF-1J go for more than $100 earlier this year on eBay? I'd love to be able to dump my 1/60 Yamatos at that kind of price, but they are actually the ones getting only 20 bucks these days.

(Pogoman @ May 28 2004, 09:10 PM)

there's nothing collectible about them other than a pretty stupid box.

Yeah you're right. Can I just buy the boxes for cheaper? That's all I really want. :p

Edited by vf2ss

Don't forget that the 1/60th legs have been known to fall off from a battroid at the lightest gust of air stirring about the room.

No they don't. Seriously, if that's the best excuse you've got for a complaint against the 1/60, then you really, really, really don't want us to start bagging on the many problems of the Toynami veritech.

That list of problems is much more detailed. And actually true. <_<

i think the main point it that many Robotech fans do not understand the dif between 1/55s, 1/48's, 1/60s and MPC's

they just buy what they see in advertisements as cool. Heck i started off buying the 1/55's and the MPC's before i bought any Yamatos so i think thats just the natural progression of things.

I doubt you will find a Jack for 20 bucks anywhere, i think the one that was selling for 20 bucks is Ben Dixon, it seems no one wants a cannon fodder with a fat person in it. (jack's are like the low vis of the 1/48's, once they sell out, the price on those will prob get really high, remember only 5000 where made of vol6 while 15,000 was made of every other one)

No matter how much you guys bash MPC's the fact is that they do have a pretty good resale value if you picked the right ones....

IE: Rick Hunter and Roy Fokker

Last i checked Roy was going for 120 to 145, and Rick was about the same price. They may be crap toys, but those two sell VERY well on ebay. (and the fast packs for the VF-1s was going for 50+ bucks)

I picked up my last ten 1/60's for pretty cheap, and the most i spend on one was 90 bucks for the VF-1s Strike (i was pretty disapointed with the fig btw, the FP sucks, but the 1/48s rock the house). Everything else i got in "blow out" sales, anywhere from 30 bucks to 60 bucks....

if you think the value of a fig is important then MPC's seem to be doing quite well

marketing, marketing, marketing

(one good thing for MPC's is that you know the exact amount they made and which one you got, which yamato doesn't do)

Edited by jasonkimberson

No they don't. Seriously, if that's the best excuse you've got for a complaint against the 1/60, then you really, really, really don't want us to start bagging on the many problems of the Toynami veritech.

That list of problems is much more detailed. And actually true. <_<

IMHO i think both 1/60's and MPC's have problems, and both FP's suck, that magnet crap sucks, but the floppy fps for the 1/60s aren't that much better. I also hate the pop off leg action of the 1/60's, that stuff just pisses me off, but the dirty swing bars make MPC's look just as bad.

1/60's have loose joints, while 1/60's get floppy as heck over time.

I think its a pretty close toss up between the two, and thats why i bought the 1/60's last.

I am just being honest about the toys and not getting involved with HG crap.

and as a side note i own:

10 x 1/60's

10 x MPC's

6 (+ 4 in the mail) x 1/48's

13 x 1/55's

so i think i am giving a pretty fair judgment on what i own

The 20 bucks deal was when some national chain (GameStop I think ) was blowing out their toys last year. That price didn't last as you can't find any toys at GameStops these days.

Didnt a Toynami MPC Rick Hunter VF-1J go for more than $100 earlier this year on eBay? I'd love to be able to dump my 1/60 Yamatos at that kind of price, but they are actually the ones getting only 20 bucks these days.

thats what i noticed too , tons of blow out sales for the 1/60's

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should all just be thankful that we have Macross/Robotech toys period. There are lots of cool licenses that don't have toy lines right now and I think that Macross and Robotech fans are pretty damn lucky for having both. In other words, some people here need to stop bitching about which valks are better and especially about that "Perfect Transformation" crap. It's a toy, if it was going to transform perfectly then it should have a button to push so that it transforms by itself and then flies around the room. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer Yamato over anything else, but I'm not going to bash the other valks such as Toynami or Bandai because I own those too. I just dig valkyries, like I always have since I was a kid, like I'm sure most of you do, but some people have lost sight of that and worry and nit-pick about quality issues, which doesn't really matter because most of us just display our valks and don't take them outside and play with them. Besides, I have seen more complaints about the Yamatos braking then any other valk, but that's ok, I still like all my valks in my collection. I'm just thankful for what I have. ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should all just be thankful that we have Macross/Robotech toys period. There are lots of cool licenses that don't have toy lines right now and I think that Macross and Robotech fans are pretty damn lucky for having both. In other words, some people here need to stop bitching about which valks are better and especially about that "Perfect Transformation" crap. It's a toy, if it was going to transform perfectly then it should have a button to push so that it transforms by itself and then flies around the room. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer Yamato over anything else, but I'm not going to bash the other valks such as Toynami or Bandai because I own those too. I just dig valkyries, like I always have since I was a kid, like I'm sure most of you do, but some people have lost sight of that and worry and nit-pick about quality issues, which doesn't really matter because most of us just display our valks and don't take them outside and play with them. Besides, I have seen more complaints about the Yamatos braking then any other valk, but that's ok, I still like all my valks in my collection. I'm just thankful for what I have. ;)

nicely said :D

and 1/48s ROCK~!!!!!

:p

Edited by jasonkimberson

I have to agree with Blue Cyclone. I myself have the MPC's and the Yammies. Only 1 of the 1/48th scales at this time, but the TV vers. 1J is calling. Gotta grab that 1/60 GBP though first. And, I'm going to grab another Ben MPC so I can customize it into a TV Max 1A. I always liked Max in the 1A before he proved himself. That paint scheme has yet to be released by any of the three!!! The MPC version would be the easiest to convert of any of the lines!

I have to agree with Blue Cyclone. I myself have the MPC's and the Yammies. Only 1 of the 1/48th scales at this time, but the TV vers. 1J is calling. Gotta grab that 1/60 GBP though first. And, I'm going to grab another Ben MPC so I can customize it into a TV Max 1A. I always liked Max in the 1A before he proved himself. That paint scheme has yet to be released by any of the three!!! The MPC version would be the easiest to convert of any of the lines!

i think the 1/60's would be the easiest to convert because of the pop off leg action