Does anyone know this pack ?

jipe

You're right for the sketch. But it looks like this one:

TIA7_poster3.jpg

with higher packs (twice more long), no ?

(I resize the picture and the quality is very poor)

Those look like the infamous tail fin missiles. Mounted on the tailfin not on a pack.

Yeah, most likely that sketch was what gave birth to the standard Regault pod with missile launchers on top of it (it's near identical to the heavy-missile version). I have this book too.. it's not the only variant sketch they have (there's one with a J style head with 6 lasers on it), It's nothing to be taken seriously.

The animation picture you took that capture from is FULL of "Animefriend" (the cheap company that animated the episodes that studio nue did not) variants, which are basically what we boil down to animation errors... again, not to be taken seriously

"6 lasers head" Where is the picture ?

On the poster of the SDF 1 before the final battle, inside "This Is Animation 7", there is a lot of interesting valks like the "funny red chinese hat" one. Not to be taken seriously so... Well, what a pity :( (hope finding informations to make some models...)

Anyway I find this one pretty cool (Rec./AWACS valkyrie version ?) :lol:

TIA7_poster4.jpg

The Pre-Elint is there: (without fast pack)

TIA7_poster1.jpg

On this poster we see a lot of strange valks on the first plan. Maybe a reco squadron with different specialities, always in first line during the first phase of the battle like all reco squadrons in all armies....?

The Pre-Elint is there: (without fast pack)

TIA7_poster1.jpg

On this poster we see a lot of strange valks on the first plan. Maybe a reco squadron with different specialities, always in first line during the first phase of the battle like all reco squadrons in all armies....?

That's the VEFR-01 "Funny Chineese" Valkyrie... not the elintseeker. It's an electronic warfare valkyrie... not quite a reconnisance aircraft.

The six-lasered variant must be in one of the other two books, I don't feel like dragging them out to look just now.

Edited by Skull Leader

I haven't seen any comments about this VF 1J... and about the pack ! :blink:

You can find it in "This Is Animation 3" (page 98)

Sorry if I write engrish ! ;)

Copie_de_TIA3_p98.jpg

Identified only as "missile pod" by Shoji Kawamori (Studio Nue), while unofficially MAT (Masahiro Chiba, et. al.) designated this as GMPS-1

See:

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...iles/gmps1.html

for more information.

"infamous tail fin missiles" !? I don't know ... Can you tell me more.... :huh:

If that's right, according to the picture the tails take root on the legs of the valk.

Don't think those are the missile magazine missiles they appear to be missile pods judging by the single row of missiles boxed in by the side flat surfaces.

For information on the missile magazine missiles see:

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat..._armed_sys.html

However, note that these are not an official armament of the VF-1, they were a attempted correction to an animation mistake which goes against the script/storyboard of the Blind Game episode.

"6 lasers head" Where is the picture ?

On the poster of the SDF 1 before the final battle, inside "This Is Animation 7", there is a lot of interesting valks like the "funny red chinese hat" one. Not to be taken seriously so... Well, what a pity :( (hope finding informations to make some models...)

Anyway I find this one pretty cool (Rec./AWACS valkyrie version ?) :lol:

TIA7_poster4.jpg

Is that Ep 27? What's the time code?

We see the picture less than a second, exactly in the middle of ep. 27. But not full screen. Just a scrowling (not sure the word is correct :unsure: ) of the picture (impossible to see the valks by this way)

Nanashi's site is really good for some rare macross subjects. But for this link: http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...iles/gmps1.html

Just a question: I don't find the link if I come from the home page. :blink: ?! normal ?

We see the picture less than a second, exactly in the middle of ep. 27. But not full screen. Just a scrowling (not sure the word is correct :unsure: ) of the picture (impossible to see the valks by this way)

Nanashi's site is really good for some rare macross subjects. But for this link: http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...iles/gmps1.html

Just a question: I don't find the link if I come from the home page. :blink: ?! normal ?

Strangely enough, it's normal.

So it's in that "armada" shot showing us how many ships they have, eh?

Glad to inform you.

I just added that. Once I update the site again I will add it to the main page menu.

But know that there are many things in the works that can not be accessed from the main page until they are ready.

that's a nice pic ;an all white valk. I guess we can guess that the possitions of missiles in space flight are quite unimportant. As far as I know the valks could be fully dressed in missiles and not have a problem with maneuverability. They would just become a flying bomb ready to make a lot of sparks if blown apart...

I also have seen this other fast pack that's been done by the froaty head himself. I am not sure whether is official or not

edit for pic

post-2-1085672413.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

Thanks for the pictures. I like a lot the "strange" valks. :wub:

The one with green/white "radar" will make a beautiful model kit. About this point: Do you think the "radar" is a plate (like the elint) or a ball ?

An other "handicapped" valk

TIA7_poster2.jpg

looks like with an insect head !!!! :lol:

That last one looks to me like it's in battroid mode, with the head pointed toward the viewer, and wings swept out to accommodate missiles. But it's really hard to tell with a lot of these pictures.

It could be, I'm all right. I try to do a similar thing with a battroid toy....very hard. For sure, not a famous artist make this one ;)

that's a nice pic ;an all white valk. I guess we can guess that the possitions of missiles in space flight are quite unimportant. As far as I know the valks could be fully dressed in missiles and not have a problem with maneuverability. They would just become a flying bomb ready to make a lot of sparks if blown apart...

Except the added mass would affect maneuverability.

I also have seen this other fast pack that's been done by the froaty head himself. I am not sure whether is official or not

edit for pic

of course its official

that is not a FAST Pack, it GERWALK equipment.

Thank you for the links and pictures. The 3 lasers head looks very cool, and the "panzer valk" is amazing. It could be very original model kits. ;)

another pic. (where are the tails and the legs !!??? :lol: , White "things" are antennas ? )

TIA7_poster5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

edit for pic

of course its official

that is not a FAST Pack, it GERWALK equipment.

Shoji Kawamori has not said yet that the equipment in the poster illustration is intended to be part of the official VF-1 specifications.

http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/united_...s/variable/vf1/