July 2004 Dengeki Hobby

Graham

Aside from the VF-2SS, the VF-0 is about the only Valkyrie that looks respectable in Battroid mode.

Nonsense.

Why's that? Because my taste differs from yours?

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it. I think it's pretty nonsensical to give designs like the YF-19, VF-11 and VF-1 so little credit, and to give the VF-2 so much. But that's just me, right? I think there's enough space on this thread in between the "wow, that's cool" and "thanks for the scans" for us both to interject our irrelevant, off-topic design commentary.

Looking back at the VF-0 battroid model I'm not really happy with how they did the nose. The taper is too sudden, even given the proportional changes in the VF-0 design.

Wow, thanks Graham - the scans are really great!!

Man they have skills, especially at all those tiny moving joints - Man! I can't even make just the canopy open and close via hinge!! That's something to really aspire to.

Too bad with all that CGI that there is still so much proportions change between the fighter and battroid mode. I'm sure Hasegawa will eventually join the bandwagon and produce these kits (but I'm still waiting for the armoured VF-1!)

So do those little coloured art images in the lower left corners come from some art book? Are there any art books for Macross Zero yet - especially mecha designs? I'd love to get my hands on them!

Thanks again Graham, and thank your wife for sharing you - I completely understand ;)

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it.  I think it's pretty nonsensical to give designs like the YF-19, VF-11 and VF-1 so little credit, and to give the VF-2 so much.

I was being perhaps a little harsh. There are plenty of decent looking Valkyrie designs out there, but just in Battroid mode, I think the VF-2 looks best. The VF-0 comes in at a close second.

But that's just me, right?  I think there's enough space on this thread in between the "wow, that's cool" and "thanks for the scans" for us both to interject our irrelevant, off-topic design commentary.

Indeed ;-) We've been down this road before, and we've always agreed to disagree. We know each other too well :-P

Looking back at the VF-0 battroid model I'm not really happy with how they did the nose.  The taper is too sudden, even given the proportional changes in the VF-0 design.

You know, I have a problem with the nosecone too, but I think aside from that, it's a solid model. Note that no proportional cheating was involved. It looks like that whole thing was built from the Hasegawa fighter kit.

Edited by Stamen0083

Wow that armour is awesome, it makes me sick to my stomach I can't have it. I wonder if these model builders realize just how much I'd pay for those models, if they did they'd go into business makeing them.

Yeah I whish Hasegawa would get on the ball and make a GBP kit for the battroid, grrr :angry:

Edited by Grayson72

You know, I have a problem with the nosecone too, but I think aside from that, it's a solid model. Note that no proportional cheating was involved. It looks like that whole thing was built from the Hasegawa fighter kit.

I'm not convinced of that. The nosecone was altered to fit the design, and I think the chest was narrowed, too. And the arms must have been beefed up... But I could be wrong. If I am wrong, all the better... means it's pretty easy to make a VF-0 battroid.

Edited by tetsujin

Aregato for the pics Graham, indeed Hasegawa`s VF-0S is far better than Yamato`s one.

The same happens with the rest of the Yamato line, I still don't see what a bunch of the guys around here see on those things, a model is cheaper and way more detailed and accurate, long live hasegawa! :rolleyes:

Although the Reactive Armor VF-0S is an awesome scratch build, I noticed that the armors' back thrusters are much smaller than shown on the line art.

Graham

Strangely enough , this issue actuallly makes the valk look even better.

This guys at Hase must have taken some of my dreams while I was asleep and made them real by act of magic. This things are SPOT ON , thety´re exactly why I would´ve imagined M0 would look like in real life (toy form).

I´m VERY impressed by DD´s 51 , it really looks like it , a bit thinner but still good looking B))

The same happens with the rest of the Yamato line, I still don't see what a bunch of the guys around here see on those things, a model is cheaper and way more detailed and accurate, long live hasegawa! :rolleyes:

I always tell myself models are cheaper too, until I look at how much I spend in paints, tools, and time. I have hundreds of dollars of tools and equipment. But the feeling of having built the thing myself beats the Hell out of buying a toy any day B))

Too bad I don't have the mad skillz that these guys have. I'm still drooling over these creations.

• 1 month later...
There´s something special about the SV-51...

It really looks mean.

I agree! Especially the black one. Reminds me of a F-18 super hornet.

On the reactive armor topic ..... wow......stunning :blink::huh::lol::D Love it. Hopefully Yamato can pull something like that off. I like it but it definately has an Armored core feel to it.

• 1 year later...
There�s something special about the SV-51...

It really looks mean.

I agree! Especially the black one. Reminds me of a F-18 super hornet.

On the reactive armor topic ..... wow......stunning :blink::huh::lol::D Love it. Hopefully Yamato can pull something like that off. I like it but it definately has an Armored core feel to it.

177730[/snapback]

can some one send me a pic of the srcatch builds of the vf-0as with reactive armor and the sv-51 I realy got to see this.