vf-1 1/48 in manila

arrow

Hey, ARROW, yer lucky ya found a 1/48 down there. I'm in manila every 6 months and last feb. I was looking around and couldn't find a single 1/48. must have been looking at the wrong places! Could ya do me a favor n' let me know where ya saw 'em so I can let a few friends know (fellow MAC fans! :D ). Thanks, dude! :)

Dude go to Greenhills their shopping center there has tons of anime stuff. The only problem there is you really have to look around, coz some of the stores are hidding in a small tight space. I would volunteer to show you around and show you the stores that are hidding but I'm not in Manila anymore :(. Try to ask someone that really knows the place to come along with you. :) hope this helps :)

I started a thread about Macross items in the Philippines a couple of months ago. There are also several other Filipino members in MW (Bub, Vampire Hunter D, StealthLurker, hikaru, Bobe-Patt, Angel's Fury, etc.). Personally, I don't think you're gonna find it for that much cheaper, save yer pesos for San Miguel Lites, sizzling platters, and a villa in Boracay. :lol:

Ah....the thread is located HERE. :D

PS - I might back back this summer. MW Meet at Powerplant? :lol:

Hey, Guys, SAN MIGUEL STRONG ICE is now the thing, and I'd say it's better, too! A lot smoother than the regular SAN MIG, but packs a whallop just like RED HORSE!

TANK-- thanks for the tip! I was down there in GREENHILLS valk hunting,too, but was shopping w/ da wife so I was kinda rushing and didn't get a chance to comb out the place. will do so next time, thanks! :D

UN SPACY--when are ya going back? My wife lives 2 minutes away from ROCKWELL (powerplant mall). Oh, and yeah, BORACAY is the place!! Just loved the clear waters, the white sands and the seclusion!! Can't wait to go back! ;)

I started a thread about Macross items in the Philippines a couple of months ago. There are also several other Filipino members in MW (Bub, Vampire Hunter D, StealthLurker, hikaru, Bobe-Patt, Angel's Fury, etc.). Personally, I don't think you're gonna find it for that much cheaper, save yer pesos for San Miguel Lites, sizzling platters, and a villa in Boracay. :lol:

Ah....the thread is located HERE. :D

PS - I might back back this summer. MW Meet at Powerplant? :lol:

Bobe-Pat's not Filipino. He wouldn't know he's in Manila if a jeep decorated with a hundred metal horses hit him.

hello everyone! This is my 1st post to macrossworld. well, anyway, if you're in the philippines, you can get the 1/48 valks at malvin's shop in greenhills. for more info, you can visit www.greattoys.net. malvin has all the 1/48 except the low viz. his prices are very reasonable, well, a lot better than billy's best/jebbs/babes shops. and unfortunately, the other shops in the philippines don't have the 1/48, because it's very expensive and a lot of collectors are turned off due to the steep price.

I started a thread about Macross items in the Philippines a couple of months ago. There are also several other Filipino members in MW (Bub, Vampire Hunter D, StealthLurker, hikaru, Bobe-Patt, Angel's Fury, etc.). Personally, I don't think you're gonna find it for that much cheaper, save yer pesos for San Miguel Lites, sizzling platters, and a villa in Boracay.  :lol:

Ah....the thread is located HERE.  :D

PS - I might back back this summer. MW Meet at Powerplant?  :lol:

Bobe-Pat's not Filipino. He wouldn't know he's in Manila if a jeep decorated with a hundred metal horses hit him.

or hundreds of tricycles

i perfer Esq over sam miduel :p

Hey, Guys, SAN MIGUEL STRONG ICE is now the thing, and I'd say it's better, too! A lot smoother than the regular SAN MIG, but packs a whallop just like RED HORSE!

TANK-- thanks for the tip! I was down there in GREENHILLS valk hunting,too, but was shopping w/ da wife so I was kinda rushing and didn't get a chance to comb out the place. will do so next time, thanks! :D

UN SPACY--when are ya going back? My wife lives 2 minutes away from ROCKWELL (powerplant mall). Oh, and yeah, BORACAY is the place!! Just loved the clear waters, the white sands and the seclusion!! Can't wait to go back! ;)

hey anytime man :D:)

I started a thread about Macross items in the Philippines a couple of months ago. There are also several other Filipino members in MW (Bub, Vampire Hunter D, StealthLurker, hikaru, Bobe-Patt, Angel's Fury, etc.). Personally, I don't think you're gonna find it for that much cheaper, save yer pesos for San Miguel Lites, sizzling platters, and a villa in Boracay.  :lol:

or hundreds of tricycles

i perfer Esq over sam miduel :p

hehhee...ESQ Lapad or Bilog..love this with kilawing tanigue...

i was going to say greattoys.net but mighty thor beat me to it..

Edited by dyowelb

hoy!!! pssstt!! I know I ain't filipino but heck, I guess you can say I'm filipino washed. 80% of my friends are filipino. My ex was filipino and she taught me a lot. I also was in FASA, filipino american student association back in my CSUN days. Man, so I know most if not all the inside jokes and punns that filipinos use. :p:D:lol:

Hoy pare.

I'm currently looking for a dependable travel agent, the tickets for business class flghts (thru PAL) are kinda expensive.

Are they carrying any Macross Yamato stuff at FILBAR'S? I remember there was a GREAT store at the bottom floor of Mega Mall (Side A I believe). From what I remember the store was called COMIC WORLD (or ZONE), it had two huge windows filled with Rei statues (at the front of the store). Inside the store everything was neatly displayed in larger glass display cabinets. They were filled with tons of Takara Transformers, Bandai Valkyries, and assorted Gundam merchandise.

I also heard the Greenbelt is the new "gimik" spot. When I was there two years ago Powerplant and Eastwood were da HOT SPOTS. I'm not too sure now. :blink:

LIBIS! SIBIL! :lol:

TANK-- thanks for the tip! I was down there in GREENHILLS valk hunting,too, but was shopping w/ da wife so I was kinda rushing and didn't get a chance to comb out the place. will do so next time, thanks!  :D

UN SPACY--when are ya going back? My wife lives 2 minutes away from ROCKWELL (powerplant mall). Oh, and yeah, BORACAY is the place!!  Just loved the clear waters, the white sands and the seclusion!!  Can't wait to go back!  ;)

Hoy pare.

I'm currently looking for a dependable travel agent, the tickets for business class flghts (thru PAL) are kinda expensive.

Are they carrying any Macross Yamato stuff at FILBAR'S? I remember there was a GREAT store at the bottom floor of Mega Mall (Side A I believe). From what I remember the store was called COMIC WORLD (or ZONE), it had two huge windows filled with Rei statues (at the front of the store). Inside the store everything was neatly displayed in larger glass display cabinets. They were filled with tons of Takara Transformers, Bandai Valkyries, and assorted Gundam merchandise.

I also heard the Greenbelt is the new "gimik" spot. When I was there two years ago Powerplant and Eastwood were da HOT SPOTS. I'm not too sure now. :blink:

LIBIS! SIBIL! :lol:

hehe My cousin is a part owner of sibil and man the place got raided once by cops and he got arrested for selling drugs. I don't know if that place is still open :D hehe anyway filbar's is more in comics and stuff I don't think you will find any macross toys there. :) but there is this one store thats right beside the arcade section in mega mall they have lots of anime and vintage toys over there. The last time I went there they where selling this voltes v toy for like 10,000 pesos only mint inside the box, but the box was heavily damaged. :)

hey pares! UN Spacy u left me out! jp dude. Anyways. I haven't been in the homeland for almost 10 years now but I do think SM or ShoeMart may have those valkyrie toys. I know they sell a bunch of gundam and dragonball stuff so who knows it could be in SM> EIther that or try the megamalls., usually you will find small stands where people sell anime stuff. Comics seem to be kind of big there. Anyhoo best of luck and if you will be in manila anyways definitely check out SM and the megamalls.

hello everyone! This is my 1st post to macrossworld. well, anyway, if you're in the philippines, you can get the 1/48 valks at malvin's shop in greenhills. for more info, you can visit www.greattoys.net. malvin has all the 1/48 except the low viz. his prices are very reasonable, well, a lot better than billy's best/jebbs/babes shops. and unfortunately, the other shops in the philippines don't have the 1/48, because it's very expensive and a lot of collectors are turned off due to the steep price.

Yep.

Malvin of GREATTOYS.NET (we have a BBS there too)., has the cheapest prices for Macross stuff.

His 1/48's (no FP's) usually go for about PhP6000, or US$110.00 (approx). Most shops, even online ones, offer 1/48's for about US$120, or higher.

Visit that site, and join our little community there. :D

oo nga pare! Yep it's all about Greenhills. Haven't been there lately, but I remember always going there for my video game/toy fixes. Also remember "Virra Mall" when I was a kid.... lots of cool ass toy stores back then and those pay by the hour family computer "arcades". :D

Kumusta sa lahat!!!

CHECKMATE & MIGHTY THOR-- thanks for the tip, GREATTOYS.net n' MALVIN'S SHOP in GREENHILLS--got it!! I'm gonna have the barkada back home check 'em out! :)

UN SPACY--Hey, dude, I know what ya mean! Heck, even the PAL economy class tix are expensive. I've been using my aunt's travel agent for the last 3 years (she's out in PASADENA, CA.). She always tries to hook me up with the lowest possible prices on plane tix, that much I can guarantee. If ya want I can give ya her #. Man, GREENBELT is now the place! They've got bars and coffee houses lined up out there. And the Movie theatre is huge! Ya definitely might wanna hang out there the next time yer out in Manila.

TANK--I know which store yer talking about! that's on the ground floor level of MEGAMALL, next to the arcade! For some reason I keep forgetting the name! The VOLTES V (I believe it was a GO DAIKIN) was still there in late feb. of this year, but I think they have already up-ed the price! I was almost this close to buying it, too, if not for my wife's nay-saying! GOD bless her! :lol::D;)

hi connor99. Malvin's shop is "greattoys.net". Well, Malvin has a store in greenhills called "greattoys.net" and an online shop (www.greattoys.net). Or if you prefer to get from him via ebay his user name is www-greattoys-net. You can have your barkada check out Shopsville Plaza in Greenhills, specifically "blue lane", they have lots of toy shops there.

Yeah I agree with the others, Malvins shop is theplace to go. Im here on a 1 week visit and i just picked up a 1/48 hikaru vf-1s from the store yesterday. This is my second trip within the year, and i have to say All my shopping has been basically at his place in shopesville greenhills cause he's got the best prices and customer service.

Mighty Thor Posted on May 24 2004, 02:15 PM

hi connor99. Malvin's shop is "greattoys.net". Well, Malvin has a store in greenhills called "greattoys.net" and an online shop (www.greattoys.net). Or if you prefer to get from him via ebay his user name is www-greattoys-net. You can have your barkada check out Shopsville Plaza in Greenhills, specifically "blue lane", they have lots of toy shops there

Hey, M.T., thanks again,man! I'm gonna check it out myself, gonna be out there in sept. :)

Edited by connor99