Saw it last night... easily as much fun as the original. Puss N' Boots rules and I normally hate all cats, animated or real.

The skewering of LA culture was also dead on... I loved it when Mongo destroyed the Farbucks and all of the people ran across the street to the other Farbucks.

I probably could have done without the completely unnecessary Livin' La Vida Loca at the end, however. But all in all, lots of fun.

Why is Eddie Murphy funnier as Donkey than he has been in anything since Coming To America?

I probably could have done without the completely unnecessary Livin' La Vida Loca at the end, however.

Nooo! Is it before or during the credits? I'm going to see this movie tonight but I'd like to be a safe distance away from the theater before that song begins. *shudder*

Now this was a movie that was worth the 10 bucks I had to pay (forgot my student ID :angry: ) Anyway, I might go watch it again. That's how good it was! :p:D:lol:

Saw it and loved it! Well, the La Vida Loca scene made me wince, but it wasn't really any worse than Smashmouth doing "I'm a Believer" at the end of the first one.

One question, I remember hearing something about baby donkey-dragons in this movie, were they at the very beginning? We came in a little late, during the scene where Fiona wipes the mud off Shrek's face and kisses him.

Saw it and loved it! Well, the La Vida Loca scene made me wince, but it wasn't really any worse than Smashmouth doing "I'm a Believer" at the end of the first one.

One question, I remember hearing something about baby donkey-dragons in this movie, were they at the very beginning? We came in a little late, during the scene where Fiona wipes the mud off Shrek's face and kisses him.

quite the opposite. they came in towards the end. after the credits had started rolling. the different homages/parodies to Spiderman and LOTR were great at the beginning....

Saw it and loved it!  Well, the La Vida Loca scene made me wince, but it wasn't really any worse than Smashmouth doing "I'm a Believer" at the end of the first one. 

One question, I remember hearing something about baby donkey-dragons in this movie, were they at the very beginning?  We came in a little late, during the scene where Fiona wipes the mud off Shrek's face and kisses him.

quite the opposite. they came in towards the end. after the credits had started rolling. the different homages/parodies to Spiderman and LOTR were great at the beginning....

Damn, I usually stay until the credits are over too. Sometimes, like tonight, the people I go with think that's just crazy. :rolleyes: If Ferris Bueller taught us anything it's to sit through the credits! :p

It was a fun movie, but don't you think the jokes and in-jokes were a little too contemporary? LOTR? OJ? Wait a couple of years and the jokes won't seem as funny anymore. I couldn't finish watching Shrek 1 the last time I spun-up the DVD...

It was a fun movie, but don't you think the jokes and in-jokes were a little too contemporary? LOTR? OJ? Wait a couple of years and the jokes won't seem as funny anymore. I couldn't finish watching Shrek 1 the last time I spun-up the DVD...

nah, it would be too contemporary if a Character named Paris was a dumb, rich floozie or the guy singing at Fiona's ball sang like William Hung. i think it'll stand up. better than any of the uber shitty Scary Movie flicks, anyway.

The White Bronco chase is how many years old already?

The LOTR references were more of a tribute I suspect - Dreamworks poached a lot of animators from WETA when they were still working on ROTK.

Edit in:

Does anyone find the King looking too much like Mango?

:p

post-26-1085374943.jpg

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Nice call, Jolly Rogers... dead ringer for Mango... mixed with Ian Holm in From Hell.

As for the current jokes... there are current jokes in all kinds of movies that I love and are waaaaay out of date. The way it goes is this -

1. It's funny when you see it in the theater.

2. A few years later, it's very uncool and you go, "that's so a few years ago! Not funny."

3. You watch it several years later and those current jokes slide right by you or just remind you of old days.

I could come up with a list full of jokes that were contemporary at their time but still work in older films, but I'm lazy tonight. Usually, the "hate period" for contemporary humor is only a few years, though. Watch Shrek again in 2006 or so and you should be cool.

Oh yes, my girl and I absolutely loved Shrek 2!!

Definately, my favorite scene was the "Knights" segment. What a gut-buster!  :lol:

YES! Mine too! Catnip, hah! :lol:

That was one of the funniest parts of the movie! For some reason I kept waiting for Mr. Hung to make a cameo.