Anybody Following Gundam Seed?

Mechamaniac

I seen the advanced preview pictures of the Providence Gundam (Kreuze's new ride) before and it is fudgy. It's not surprising to me since only an insane pilot would use it and Kreuze fits the bill. His ride matches up with the EA Gundam trio quite nicely.

You know....I was expecting Providence to be missing some legs. LOL :lol:

I would enjoy it if the producers could squeeze in one more Klueze/Fllaga fight. They've only had 2 fights that we've seen. The first time was a MS vs. MA which was out-classed. Then it was a MS vs. MS fight where Strike was at a disadvantage with non-close quarter combat gear, but now it could be a Providence vs Aile Strike fight. I want one freakin, even, good fight out of those 2.

Yeah I'm waiting for La Fllaga vs. Le Klueze fight that're rival or even put to shame all the Milla vs. Max and/or Isamu vs. Guld fights. Though I was expecting the two of them to take each other out with a double KO type thing.

I'm finding it harder and harder to find episodes past 44 on Kazaa now, I just got 46. I'm just looking for episode summaries now.

Hey also, I'm looking for a good site that's got lots of pictures for Gundam SEED, I'm trying to update a dvd cover I first made back in April, and making future versions as well, atleast like close to 8 or so, gotta have a front and back, and a few screen caps to go for each volume.

http://www.oywq3.com/seed/ this place has some good ones, but alot of them would require photoshop editing which isn't something I really wanna do. Any help?

SPOLIERS.......

It seems like we're running out of characters... Assuming Kuruuze dies and Isaac defects, most of the named characters will be in the "neutral faction" and/or dead!

Well I think it'll end like Z one party defeated but the other still there. (Also seeing how this ending seems to be ending up like Z Evil earth dudes evil space dudes and neutral dudes all together)

Edit: It's pretty much assumed at this point that there are spoilers in this thread:

You see Duel in the preview for 49 without the Full Armor taking aim at a Bridge. Wonder how much of a beating he'll take, to lose the armor.

Also, what's up with Kira. Everyone else takes their proper goodbye kiss. He gives Laksu a peck on the cheek, leaving her like :blink::blink::(

And while Azrael is a psycho, and I look forward to someone kicking him in the ass, he made one good point: They had to attack right away to try to keep Genesis from firing again. It's like leaving the Death Star in orbit wondering if they are going to fire or not. They didn't even know it's rate of fire. In that instance, you kind of have to dive in, repairs or not.

Now, with the phase shift, how do you destroy something like that? Seems to me they will have to destroy Genesis form inside. Unless they can just destroy the mirror blocks that need to be swapped out. Without that, it won't work.

Then there are still the nukes to deal with.

It's nice to not be able to solidly predict how things will come out. That's how the whole show has been, and is one of the reasons I like it. They probably need the second series just to finish everything, though.

Edited by Anubis

Still downloading episide 48. I love the weapons/rocket pack called Meteor. With the Dendrobium, Super Gundam, Deep Striker, you gotta love how there always has been to be that strap-on engine/weapons pack.

Edited by Chuey

Couldn't they just nuke the Genesis, didn't the Alliance equip the missiles with Cancelers? Or just go for the head of the snake and launch an all out on PLANT itself?

The Alliance tried to nuke PLANT actually, since they didn't know of the existance of Genesis. Kira and Athrun managed to intercept the missiles while equipped with the Meteors. Afterwards, half of the Alliance fleet got vaped in Genesis's first shot, and they had to wait for reinforcements before going after it. The final battle has only just begun, and it's not known who'll destroy the Genesis.

My money's on Kira though.

damn, i was about to prove you wrong bob joe, adn the site that i normally get these from has changed it to 50, upo until a few days ago it still said 52...

and you were right, 49 was naruto, this was 48.

which begs the question, what suck assed sh*t are they gonna come up wtih to end the show in two episodes from where it is.

damn, i was about to prove you wrong bob joe, adn the site that i normally get these from has changed it to 50, upo until a few days ago it still said 52...

and you were right, 49 was naruto, this was 48.

which begs the question, what suck assed sh*t are they gonna come up wtih to end the show in two episodes from where it is.

It'll prob end like Z (well maybe without mass death) but the one party down one to go thing. Thus SEED 2 comes along.

P.S. Naruto is awesome follows the comic almost frame for frame and is one funny @$$ show with awesome battles. Can't wait for the final chuunin exam part. :D

Question for Seed lovers.... what do you guys think of the Providence Gundam?

I for one find the design to be so... cluttered that it borders silliness. I think Bandai should just drop Okawara for good.... with his large back packs and all. Seriously... its a really bad design, I wonder how that thing will fly. <_<

I for one find the design to be so... cluttered that it borders silliness. I think Bandai should just drop Okawara for good.... with his large back packs and all. Seriously... its a really bad design, I wonder how that thing will fly. <_<

The providence is simply the ugliest Gundam of this series, no problem, it will probably be destroyed in the last 2 episodes anyway :rolleyes:

I can't judge the providence yet, since I haven't seen episode 49. It has potential. Titans MK II-ish paint scheme it seems, and finally a new mobile suit with funnels. I'm curious to see how well it comes out. Interesting to note this one doesn't look like it has a phase shift either.

They'll finish off some aspects of the story for 50, maybe finish this "one year war" in some fashion, but there will be a lot of plot threads that spill over into Seed 2. The producers did say in the beginning that they wanted Seed to be a new branching point for the franchise.

i couldnt really get a good look from ep 48,  where can i find pics?

by the way,  does anyone else think that the toys and models thus far for this series blow like a tijuana crack whore? they look soooooo chincy

I just wish they would be up front about what is coming out for it. First they release the 1/100 HG kits, now all of a sudden they have an MG Aile Strike coming. Kind of a kick in the rear if you already bought either the HG or the Chogokin. And for the Strike, they keep releasing individual complete kits for each equipment package, making you buy the same suit multiple times. Even the chogokin did it, forcing you to swallow another strike gundam, in deactive color, and a Sky Grasper just to get the sword and launcher setup. I have only bought one seed item: and that was the Chogokin Aile Strike. If they release a MG or Chogokin Freedom I'll consider that as well. For some reason I just don't see myself buying any other Seed kits, even though I love the show. :huh:

Maybe I modeled myself out after building all those UC mobile suits.

I can't judge the providence yet, since I haven't seen episode 49. It has potential. Titans MK II-ish paint scheme it seems, and finally a new mobile suit with funnels. I'm curious to see how well it comes out. Interesting to note this one doesn't look like it has a phase shift either.

I don't think those are funnels.... that thing on its back looks more like a weapons platform then anything else. <_<

I think that they are mobile bits.

My evidience

1. "You should know the theory, right?"

What theory? Must be something new for Gundam Seed mobile suits.

2. "If that man can do it, there's no reason I can't" *Shows a clip of the Mobius Zero's remote weapon packs detatching and going after Kruuze in a Cgue.

Thats the thing that gives it all away if you ask me.

Providence is gonna be one tough SOB to take down.

Edited by ArchVile

I figured they were funnels since Kuruze was remembering Mwu's Mobius Zero, and saying if he could do it, then so could he. I don't think they ever said how those things were controlled yet, wether it be by AI, thought, or another set of manual controls. They look like funnels to me, so that's what I call them for now. They have displayed enough newtype traits as it is already anyway.

I figured they were funnels since Kuruze was remembering Mwu's Mobius Zero, and saying if he could do it, then so could he. I don't think they ever said how those things were controlled yet, wether it be by AI, thought, or another set of manual controls. They look like funnels to me, so that's what I call them for now. They have displayed enough newtype traits as it is already anyway.

Not only do they look like funnels... but they are Nu Gundam funnels!! :lol:

I only think its a weapons platform... because that damn back pack looks way too awkward to be hanging on its back the whole time. <_<

Don't know what a funnel is, but Prividence is ugly http://www.987.info/zaph/gundamseed/mecha/...a/zgmfx11a.html

A funnel was Newtype-specific weapon Mobile Suits like the Nu Gundam and Sazabi used in UC. Mind controlled remote lasers. Usually around 6 of them per Mobile Suit. The Quebley had 12.

Don't know what a funnel is, but Prividence is ugly http://www.987.info/zaph/gundamseed/mecha/...a/zgmfx11a.html

A funnel was Newtype-specific weapon Mobile Suits like the Nu Gundam and Sazabi used in UC. Mind controlled remote lasers. Usually around 6 of them per Mobile Suit. The Quebley had 12.

Not just lasers. The Nu Gundam Funnels also dubbled as shields, the Psycho Gundam had beam reflectors as Funnels. B)

The outline somehow reminds me of the Virsago in X, torso looks like a re-designed RX-78, lower legs seem reminicent of the Zeta, I don't think it looks TOO bad, but the back pack, ugh...

I think that design would be better in Wing, than SEED...

I wonder if the Strike Rouge, will have a Super Gundam style add on...

The Nu Gundam's funnels were sweet indeed.

We need episode 49 of Seed so we can see how Providence's work.

The outline somehow reminds me of the Virsago in X, torso looks like a re-designed RX-78, lower legs seem reminicent of the Zeta, I don't think it looks TOO bad, but the back pack, ugh...

I think that design would be better in Wing, than SEED...

I wonder if the Strike Rouge, will have a Super Gundam style add on...

The Strike Rouge has the Aile Strike package. Same as the first Strike, just the suit itself is pinkish/reddish. In deactive mode it looks identical.

Edited by Anubis

I prefer the Sazabi's funnels, though the NU does look wicked with the funnes attached, even if it does keep the DX toy from standing up. :D .

I hate Mafjsafjalfjsdfjlasffflaga's fighter funnels though, lamo. And yeah, I called him Mafjsafjalfjsdfjlasffflaga cuz damn, what a name.

What kind of rock were the writers on when they came up with the names for this series?

Also, I cannot stand that team of souless coordinators the earth govt is using, their Gundams are crapola, especially the one that looks like a zoid with a Gundam's face on it, and how many freaking times are they going to use that scene where the one guy cranes his neck out at that impossible angle?, they seem to like it, as they have used it at least twice per episode for the last three episodes.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I prefer the Sazabi's funnels, though the NU does look wicked with the funnes attached, even if it does keep the DX toy from standing up. :D .

I hate Mafjsafjalfjsdfjlasffflaga's fighter funnels though, lamo. And yeah, I called him Mafjsafjalfjsdfjlasffflaga cuz damn, what a name.

What kind of rock were the writers on when they came up with the names for this series?

Also, I cannot stand that team of souless coordinators the earth govt is using, their Gundams are crapola, especially the one that looks like a zoid with a Gundam's face on it, and how many freaking times are they going to use that scene where the one guy cranes his neck out at that impossible angle?, they seem to like it, as they have used it at least twice per episode for the last three episodes.

They really did cook up some wierd names for this show. The official spellings make them seem wierder than the first batches of fansubs did. Frey (older fansub) vs. Fllay (actual) for example. But, go figure. Makes better sense to cook up something original at least, which they accomplished. I do think Engrish played a role in the namings, though.

They are better than some of the names some people cook up for their kids these days though.

I still think thess guys are artificially souped up from that drug (performance enhancer or some kind of anti-rejection agent?), and any other treatments they are given. Kind of like a poor man's artificial newtype. In this case artificial coordinator. Would help to explain their instability. Also note that one is classified as a Stage 4, one as 3, and one as stage 2. This would leave Kuruze to be Stage 1, hence all the pills he has to pop.

Although Kira and Athrun did comment that these guys were like neither coordinators or naturals. Hmmm. Maybe I'm reaching a little far. We'll see.

I am waiting for those 3 to be stepped on as well, by the way. Especially the guy in Forbidden and his bug eyes.

Edited by Anubis

I still think thess guys are artificially souped up from that drug (performance enhancer or some kind of anti-rejection agent?), and any other treatments they are given. Kind of like a poor man's artificial newtype. In this case artificial coordinator. Would help to explain their instability. Also note that one is classified as a Stage 4, one as 3, and one as stage 2. This would leave Kuruze to be Stage 1, hence all the pills he has to pop.

Although Kira and Athrun did comment that these guys were like neither coordinators or naturals. Hmmm. Maybe I'm reaching a little far. We'll see.

I am waiting for those 3 to be stepped on as well, by the way. Especially the guy in Forbidden and his bug eyes.

Yeah, I meant to say that, they are kind of like artificial coordinators, but to do it, they had to wipe all their memories etc, that's why the ultra homo Azrael keeps referring to them as Unit X's CPU etc.

And the reason why Klueze is popping all those pills was explained in like episode 45 or 46, it's because he is a clone job of fmfmfmflaga's father gone bad. They mentioned something about advanced aging as a result, so I think he pops the pills to keep from aging too fast. Notice that the trio pilots seem to get their drugs via injection as well.