What is the best combat flight sim to get..

Ideally, I am looking for a flight sim that most accurately portrays the F-14 in combat roles...

As a bonus, I'd love it if it featured these aircraft to fly also:

F/A-18 Hornet

A-7 Corsair II

F-8 Crusader

A-7 Intruder

F-15 Eagle

F-16 Falcon

I've got F/A-18 Precision Strike Fighter and it does pretty well for the F/A-18, however it only features one campaign and you can only fly the F-18. (only sim I know that has a full classroom complete with training sections for each aspect of the fighter... it also sims carrier ops) I'm looking for a sim that deals with the F-14 first... and if one exists... other aircraft also..... any reccomendations?

post-26-1084780122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull Leader

There's been a rumor for a while that there will be a Naval expansion for Lock On: Modern Air Combat, which will feature the F-14 and F-18, among other aircraft. It's not confirmed, though.

There's also another rumour that the expansion pack may only be released in Russia.

However, if you're willing to wait untill the fall, Pacific Fighters will be coming out around then. It's made by the same guys who made the IL-2 series of flight sims. However, it's for the Pacific Theater in WW2, so, probably no jets.

But Lock-On Modern Air Combat is your best bet, but you'll need a nice system to run it properly.

Have you played F/A-18:Operation Iraqi Freedom? I saw it the other day, didn't see Lock On at Best Buy though, but I would definatly get it if there was to be an expansion for Navy Jets. My turn off on Lock on was that there are only the wo American fighters, I want to fly U.S. fighters not Russian ones.

As for as realism goes this one is lacking somewhat, but if you want to fly a bunch of different aircraft, pick up a cheap copy of Janes Fighter Anthology, it's got tons of aircraft, plus the mission editor is really awesome.