Any Front Mission fans?

Awesome news. I am a huge fan of FM3, so I really hope they bring it over the water for us. I can't wait to see the new mecha, and I am sure we will see toys like the FM3 ones, but I'd really like to see some HGUC-like models made of the FM4 designs, by Wave, Bandai or Hasegawa.

the figures were great. lots of detail on them as i recall, and the weapons and parts could be switched, just like in the game! that would be kinda cool to see them pull that off with a highly detailed model!

Holla!!!

Front Mission 1 & 3 were kickass.

I didn't like the side-scroller one (was that #2?).

Front Mission (SFC) The first one

Front Mission: GunHazard (SFC) the side-scroller

Front Mission 2 (PS1) Good game, loooooooong loading times though

Front Mission Alternative (PS1) The real-time strategy one (sort of)

Front Mission 3 (PS1) the only one that got translated :-/

Interestingly enough, there is a translation patch for the first Front Mission rom. For those that might like to know the story.

I played Front Mission 3 on the good ol' PSone. I didn't get very far but man I liked the turn based mech action which we don't get enough of. Sure Armored Core is all about action but I gotta give props to Squaresoft for their interpretation of hot mech on metal action (That sounded wrong :o:p ). I always imagined Fasa's Battletech being this kind of game and not like the Mechwarrior sims. If SS could bring the SFC Front Missions on GBA, in english I'd be set.

~G25

Great news, I loved FM3 although I don't know if I can rack up another total of 250+ hrs. for this installment (or for any other game for that matter). But then again, seeing an enemy Wanzer crumple into a heap after being slammed by giant brass knuckles is pretty damn satisfying.

You ain't just whistlin' dixie!!!

I want to be a Wanzer when I grow up.

I hope this game is released over here. My wife is in grad-school now so I need something to occupy my time when I'm not working!!! :D

You ain't just whistlin' dixie!!!

I want to be a Wanzer when I grow up.

I hope this game is released over here. My wife is in grad-school now so I need something to occupy my time when I'm not working!!! :D

It probably will be, Square isn't as conservative with their releases over here as they were in the SNES days.

I guess it's doubtful with the PSOne re-release of FM1, but they might port the Wonderswan version of FM1 to the GBA. But... I should just pick it up for WS anyways. :lol:

Not to dig up an old topic, but The MagicBox just posted a ton of new Front Mission 4 screens here. Overall I'm not too impressed, looks really similar to FM2 and FM3, but without the color of FM3. Overall the graphic quality seems lacking (well, it is the PS2...) but they are pretty small pictures.

Here's hoping for a western release....

Was 3 released in english? I never played it. I played FM1 on an emu, but didn't get too far, owing to the fact that all the story stuff was in japanese. 9The important gameplay stuff, weapon data and attacks, and things, were translated, but maybe they're in english in th japanese ver., too). I did lik ethe fact that the store was run by Tommy Chong..... :lol:

Was 3 released in english? I never played it. I played FM1 on an emu, but didn't get too far, owing to the fact that all the story stuff was in japanese. 9The important gameplay stuff, weapon data and attacks, and things, were translated, but maybe they're in english in th japanese ver., too). I did lik ethe fact that the store was run by Tommy Chong..... :lol:

The Front Mission games are renkown for having their menus in English, makes them quite easy to import.

If you're interested on giving Front Mission another shot, you can find the translation patch here. Very fun game overall.

Hope this one is a real time strategy, never been too fond of turn based strategy games...

there are not real time, they are turn based. i think three was the best, with the fighting animation and such. and the p-gun with body smash. that was evil.

and by your name you liked warship gunner i see.

Hell ya, the first fm kicked ass! That is one of my favorite rpgs (RPG?). Now, i know you can play ps1 cds on a cdr/rom with an emulator (front mission three is covered), but can you play Ps2 dvds on a dvdrw/rom with an emulator (what about front mission 4??). The reason i ask, is i am soley a computer dude.

Hell ya, the first fm kicked ass! That is one of my favorite rpgs (RPG?). Now, i know you can play ps1 cds on a cdr/rom with an emulator (front mission three is covered), but can you play Ps2 dvds on a dvdrw/rom with an emulator (what about front mission 4??). The reason i ask, is i am soley a computer dude.

I'm sure in a few years they'll have a PS2 emulator, but currently they do not.

Front Mission 1 was just ported from the SNES to the PSX in japan too. Its pretty import friendly. :)

The original for the Super Famicom WILL definitely be hitting Stateside in the form of the translated version of the PSX title. Also in the process of being translated for a US release on the PS One is Secret of Mana 2

Front Mission 1 was just ported from the SNES to the PSX in japan too. Its pretty import friendly. :)

The original for the Super Famicom WILL definitely be hitting Stateside in the form of the translated version of the PSX title. Also in the process of being translated for a US release on the PS One is Secret of Mana 2

Sounds good, any idea if they're going to be improving the graphics or adding any features? Square's Final Fantasy conversion from the SNES have always been upgraded a little, so hopefully we'll see something nice.