1/60 yamato VF-1 customization

JLYC

I'm a newbie...just wanna say hi!!

Are there any custom decals available for 1/60 scale VF-1? I've seen many places selling decals for 1/48 versions but none for the 1/60. I'm wondering if the decals for the 1/72 Hasegawa(sp?) model kits would work on the 1/60? Also, does anyone have a side by side comparison of the 1/60 vs 1/48?

Thanks!!

Hey, JLYC, welcome to forums! I hope ya find them 1/60 custom decals coz I'm not even sure if they're out there! But if they're not, hey, ya can always get a !/48 Valk and buy it's appropriate custom decal! ;):lol::D:)

hello:

I've thought about getting either a 1/48 too, but I think at this point 1/60 suits me better for the following reasons:

1. I already have a VF-19 and want the other Valk to be sort of the same scale

2. With the price difference (I really want the FP with the valk), I can get another model kit, DVD's or the VF-O that's coming out.

The 1/60 is sweet, but would has too much opportunity cost for me. Anyway this is a great forum- I'm really enjoying it!!

If you're just going to get one Valk, I'd recommend getting a 1/48. My collection is focused on 1/60 scale Macross toys, but I'm glad I have a 1/48. You can see a lot of pics at The Valkyrie Factory. You can also look at http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1...comparisons.htm

Basically, the 1/48 is more posable and more stable in any pose. Not to mention better detail.

I collect 1/60's because they offer a greater range of TV styles, they're cheaper, and they take up less space. Also, I'm not too crazy about the 1/48 VF-1J head--but that is a small nitpick.

If you just want any 1/48, I think the Max 1A is often available for well under $100.

Edited by ewilen