A few Low Viz questions

APU

Who would be the pilot? What is its perpouse and are we supposed to put FPs on it?

its a generic pilot so he/she can be who ever you want them to be. also the helmet sculpt is different from everyone elses, it actually looks like a real pilots helmet. the purpose, dunno? to play with it i guess. :D the FP's is completely up to you. technically its not suppose to have them but whatevs. i slap them on in battroid mode but take them off for fighter mode.

we needed a topic for this?

Anyways.....the only purpose is to be cool. Yea I imagine its meant to be played with. THe whole notion started when a japanese fan customized a 1/48 into a low viz UN air force valkyrie. Kawamori loved it and yamato made a variation with low viz skull squadron markings. I am thinkint they didn't think it would sell all that well so they made less than 2,500(last tiome i remember it was somewhere around that number) but it did.

ad for putting fast packls. Thats all up to you. I dont think yamato would care whether you do or not its all up to you the buyer. to me if it looks cool its going on. the pilot is macross 0 based but i think they just did that because the paint scheme is traditional military looking and the pilot suits in macross 0 ar emore traditional looking pilot suits as well.

Yeah I remember when people thought just because it had a ZERO pilot in it, it MUST be seen in Macross ZERO later on.... while certainly possible, this is NOT a given.

It's just one of those lucky fan variants to make it into production.

I think the low viz looks better without the FPs unless painted in the LVs paint job. Has anybody done that?

I think it looks better without a FP too.

The fact that it is low visibility would imply, I guess, that it's primary use would be for atmospheric flight and combat anyways so the fastpack would not be required.

Low vis is just cool to have. I now have 6 of them. Frankly, the low vis is more realistic to today's modern fighters. It looks damn good. I just wish I could have a low vis UN kite symbol for the FPs. All I see is the squadron insignia for the FP by Taka.

neva miss an oppertunity to tell us about that case of MIB low vis do you :p?????

:p:D:lol::lol:

Of course! :D Working on getting number 7 right now. :o BTW, did you ever get your gunpod? Sorry about not dealing with you. I dont like dealing over seas but it is a small item. I am not too trusting. Seen too much on what can happen theses days. Makes me paranoid.

I think the low viz looks better without the FPs unless painted in the LVs paint job. Has anybody done that?

Actually, I think the TV Fastpacks look pretty good on it. There a lil' more low key than the DYRL fastpacks.

Actually, I think the TV Fastpacks look pretty good on it. There a lil' more low key than the DYRL fastpacks.

you got that right pal!

i bought a spare TV FP kit from Neova.

the dark blue FP's(DYRL) makes it look cheap and stands out too much IMHO. the TV FP blend a little better. i got another FP kit coming so i might take a crack at making a LV FP.

I've never put FPs on mine as I consider it an atmospheric Valk.

I put the FAST packs on. Looks ok. But I took them off to put them on my Hikaru 1S. ;)

I definately like them as atmospheric valks. But IMO, if one was to "re-do" Macross, or at least feature a different squadron or whatever (like the PS2 game), the Low-Viz should be the CF.

The paint doesn't exactly match.  It is a little lighter, but I used Testors Dark Ghost Gray.

So that Ghost Grey matches? Cool. I can paint the VF-1S head.

I don't think it's an exact match; however, you might be able to get away with it by some strategic weathering. ;)