King Conan? Guess who's playing him

Heh.  Even A1 is too 'girly man' to be a King by His Own Hand. :lol:

:lol: I maybe 20 lbs too light for the role, but I AM stronger than Arnold ever was.

I am currently 202 with 11% bodyfat. Just an estimate, Arnold was maybe 220 with 10% for the first Conan, and 225 with 8% in the second.

Just for reference he was in his best movie shape for Predator... I am guessing 210 with maybe 5%

Just to update, incase I can get the role... This morning I was 222 at 10%. I COULD pull off Conan now.

congrats on the 10%, hard target to get unless you weigh as much as a girl, just to add to the photoshoped pic, when youve worked your whole life to stay in shape and be a cut above the rest your not going to let yourself get to that point

Yeah no kidding. Anyone who has ever exercised will know that pic is fake.

That reminds me, whats the best way to measure body fat %?, i was told the most accurate is those electronic scale's. I'd like to get an accurate starting point

Most accurate is tank emersion/water displacement. This is expensive to do. Next best way is multiple caliper pinch tests. The least accurate is the electronic scale method.

:lol: I maybe 20 lbs too light for the role, but I AM stronger than Arnold ever was.

I am currently 202 with 11% bodyfat. Just an estimate, Arnold was maybe 220 with 10% for the first Conan, and 225 with 8% in the second.

Just for reference he was in his best movie shape for Predator... I am guessing 210 with maybe 5%

Just to update, incase I can get the role... This morning I was 222 at 10%. I COULD pull off Conan now.

congrats on the 10%, hard target to get unless you weigh as much as a girl, just to add to the photoshoped pic, when youve worked your whole life to stay in shape and be a cut above the rest your not going to let yourself get to that point

That reminds me, whats the best way to measure body fat %?, i was told the most accurate is those electronic scale's. I'd like to get an accurate starting point

Most accurate is tank emersion/water displacement. This is expensive to do. Next best way is multiple caliper pinch tests. The least accurate is the electronic scale method.

I thought that about the elecronic, i guess it measures resistance, but is inaccurate. Some of the guys I know swear by it.

We did the pinch method in high school

I thought that about the elecronic, i guess it measures resistance, but is inaccurate. Some of the guys I know swear by it.

We did the pinch method in high school

people swear by it because its easy to use.

Meh. If it weren't for the fact that Wilt Chamberlain is dead, I'd say drop the whole Conan sh*t and get with the "Bambatta" movie! He could've been a total a-hole in the whole movie like he was in Destroyer and get all the ladies too, even ones like the prepubescent Olivia D'Abo!

Edited by Seven

I'm disapointed. Really liked the first movie. It's a classic.

And to all those who are worried about muscles on arnie not being close to what they were, see terminator 3.

Maybe they should just get that german guy who did the conan tv series and who was in the gladiator movie? jk

Also I hope they stay true to the original in character. Conan should be violent and cruel, not nice and soft so that female audiences will like him. (in fact they should fear him)

I feel what's going to happen is they might try to make the movie lighthearted and funny and sanitise what could normally be a violent movie, into something that is mainstream friendly or safe for the family. I just get this feeling in my stomach that money is what matters more than what fans want.

The days that violent stuff like robocop, predator or even stuff like the recent punisher movie, draw the attention are gone. I was watching punisher (I didn't think it was that great but the way it was done reminded me of the old classic violence from the 70s and 80s) and I just realise these kinds of movie represent a kind of dying genre now. I think that part of the reason why they are going to go with another movie is becuas of the success of fantasy epics like LOTR. (Now I can totally imagine CG fx used in the next conan: fake CG swords instead of real ones, actors standing in front of bluescreen fighting invisible people, over use of magic etc)

Hell, maybe let conan be some kind of ninja that can flip off walls and react in slow motion to dodge arrows in bullet time? :D Fine you can do that for heman, but I would rather something more like conan the barbarian for the third movie.(ie no more stylised action, but violent and bloody)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 5 months later...
Conan: Red Nails animated movie coming soon with Ron Pearlman as the voice of Conan

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3562

Guess Hollywood gave up on live action for the time being......

338141[/snapback]

Don't worry, there will be a King Conan, and the Oak will be in it.

Don't worry, there will be a King Conan, and the Oak will be in it.

338216[/snapback]

I wish I had your confidence. :(

338224[/snapback]

Arnold won't let em screw it up. Besides when has Arnold made a bad sequel?

Besides when has Arnold made a bad sequel?

338226[/snapback]

Conan the Destroyer.

338230[/snapback]

T3, but then again I wouldn't really blame Ah-nold for that one.

If anything I want to see True Lies sequel.

338354[/snapback]

:o I loved T3!!

Although T3 wasn't that great of a film, it was far from a total failure. As an action piece, the film was a success. It remained more often faithful to the universe set up by the two earlier films and had some genuinely thrilling action pieces. The themes dealt with in the terminator films were also present as were many of the character stories, albiet of less quality than T1 and T2.

As a follow-up to Terminator 2: Judgement Day - one of the finest action films ever made - T3 was less than successful. I suppose this is why T3 has a bad reputation.

Although T3 wasn't that great of a film, it was far from a total failure.  As an action piece, the film was a success.  It remained more often faithful to the universe set up by the two earlier films and had some genuinely thrilling action pieces.  The themes dealt with in the terminator films were also present as were many of the character stories, albiet of less quality than T1 and T2.

As a follow-up to Terminator 2: Judgement Day - one of the finest action films ever made - T3 was less than successful.  I suppose this is why T3 has a bad reputation.

338407[/snapback]

Curse of the Sequel... They always gotta outdo it.

• 7 months later...

Today's press release

New Conan movie to go into production in early 2007

- Paradox Entertainment announces movie agreement - Oscar-winning producer attached-

Durham, USA — June 15, 2006 – Funcom points to an announcement from Paradox Entertainment where plans related to an upcoming Conan movie from Warner brothers are revealed and confirmed. According to Paradox Entertainment the deal may include several Conan movies.

Boaz Yakin has been hired as scriptwriter on the upcoming movie. He is known for titles like ‘Remember the Titans’ and ‘The Rookie’. One of the producers will be Akira Goldsman, known for titles like ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’, ‘Cinderella man’, ‘DaVinci code’ and the Oscar-winning ‘A Beautiful mind’, while additional producers include Irving Azoff, Jon Jashni and Richard Alexander. A director for the movie is to be selected this autumn.

"We are of course very happy to see that Warner Brothers are moving ahead with one, and potentially several, new Conan movies. We believe that this will further strengthen the Conan brand worldwide. The global fan-base of Conan will likely increase significantly and the marketing efforts of a Hollywood movie will have a very positive effect on all licensees working with the Conan brand, Funcom's Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMO), ‘Age of Conan’, included." said Trond Arne Aas, CEO of Funcom.

Funcom has the exclusive worldwide rights to make MMOs on the Conan license up until 2023.

More information about the MMO ‘Age of Conan’, screenshots, forums, newsletter sign-up and a welcoming community portal can be found on the official website http://www.ageofconan.com.

I loved the first movie the most.

I wonder if they will try to reboot everything from the very beginning and ignore the arnie stuff altogether? (give him the black hair and blue eyes)

I want to see some brutal sword fights. At least as violent as the stuff in braveheart but with more fantasy and fx. (very violent equivalent to LOTR? :D)

I think if they are going to go for brutal, don't just have him fighting normal men, but demons, monsters, giants and stuff. The first movie lacked the feeling of a proper adventure. The second got closer to this "wandering around and doing quests" feeling, but it doesn't seem to have aged as well.

I think it is still possible to have arnie as "a good guy" just like in predator but at the same time you got to have something for him to do or it will get boring like what happened when they did the hulk movie. I think if they made movies more where the character speaks with his actions than by what they say it will just be a lot more interesting. (since arnie and conan can barely speak anyway, no offense A1 :D)

In terminator 2 there was enough action in it to be able to pick this out of your dvd collection and not get bored rewatching everything in it.

Now compared to hulk, there was a lot of stuff that I kinda sleep through because the green guy has nothing to do or anyone really worthy to fight against him. Give em something to do: combine the stuff we saw in the second conan movie with the brutality of the first movie, and give us a large dose of fighting and keep all of that in balance. He is not just a muscular guy, but as shown in the first movie has the elite sword skill techniques and in his own way, is cunning too.

I think a good guide or middle ground between a fantasy and real movie would be brotherhood of the wolf. I didn't think the fx were all that great, but some of the fighting was done in a stylish enough way to not bore people. They just need to fill the movie with enough fighting for me to not get bored and have it set in a much more scary environment (with much more scary things to kill) than the first movie where at the end all that happens is the bad guy gets his head cut off but didn't seem like a very interesting way to end the movie. A proper fight between the two (ie like the scene in gladiator) would have been much better. If you start the movie with a lot of stuff happening, may as well end it that way too.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If we see Arnold in any other roles, it will be like the one in Collateral Damage; his days as a "Last Action Hero" are over...