When is 1/48 VF-1J going to be released??

Berserker

1/48 Millia VF 1J would be a DREAM Toy to me. Pleeeeeeeeeese Yamato! PLEEEESE!

Now, If yamato decides to release a DIRL Max VF 1S... Or another varian OF THE SAME... I think I will die.

I guess the Hickaru 1J will be released after the Hickaru 1S, that should be Nov or Dec this year... I hope! I dont want to wait any longer than that.

November release!!! Isnt the Hikaru Vf-1S being released in November too? :huh:

When I saw the pre-orders for the 1/48 Hikaru Vf-1S, I thought, "Great!!! It gives me time from now till then to put away about $20 to $30 bucks from each paycheck to buy it." Now I find out that the Hikaru 1J is also being released in the same month!!! Personally, I think Yamato needs to slow down with these releases.

Edited by MicronianDevil

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to put in an order to get more 1/48 FP when i remembered the the 1/48 vf-1j . Will Yamato be releasing a different FP solely for the 1j? Current FP do not have the TV- style hands. I'd rather have those FP, if they are ever made, then the one currently out. What do you think MW members? I'd like to hear what you guys and gals have to say before i drop some $$$$. :D Thanks!

post-4-1063670027_thumb.jpg

No, the fastpacks on the VF-1J are different from the DYRL fastpacks. I forget if it's just the sculpt or also the color. I think those in the know have stated that the optional hands come with the 1J. It may still be up in the air whether the VF-1J will be bundled with fastpacks or if they'll be sold separately.

The information may be in one of this thread from the old forum: Click here

Graham's post on page 5 of the thread is most informative, but it may not be the latest information.

Call me crazy, but there's just something about the 1/48 head that I don't like, especially compared to the 1/60 VF-1J. The "chin" seems to stick out too much, making it look like a goatee.

Edited by ewilen

AFAIK, the VF-1S Hikaru is scheduled for late October and the VF-1J Hikaru for late November or early December.

However, release dates are like weather reports and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Graham

Hi graham,

Just another question, any idea when the 2nd release of the 1/48 VF-1S Roy will be out? Heard that it will be scheduled for an October release too. Need your confirmation on this matter. Thanks

Cheers

didn't graham say it WOULDNT be packed with FAst packs?

Nope, he didn't. He said that he didn't know.

OK, time for some clarification. Hopefully, I won't get shot for revealing this, but the cat is pretty much out of the bag anyway.

1) The 1/48 VF-1J will be released with a set of TV series 'bubble' type hands, which will include; Closed Fist, Open Hand & Gunpod hand. These are made of ABS plastic, not rubber as some have speculated. These hands let you create some classic poses as shown in the TV series and on the old Arii/Imai box art. I have some great studio photos from Yamato which I should be able to post next week. had the pics for about 2 months, but not been allowed to share them

2) The TV type hands do have to be removed during transformation. They are too large to store in the forearms.  Yamato's aim in creating these was to sculpt a VF-1J that was totally TV accurate, regardless of whether it effected transformation.

3) I think the VF-1J will also come with the regular DYRL type poseable hands, but I'm not 100% certain about this.

4) I've been told that cockpit interior and pilot figure will be TV accurate.

5) No one has noticed yet, as you can't see it in Noel's photos, but the forearms have also been resculpted in order to make the back/end of the forearm more accurate to the lineart. The back of the forearm should look like a squared off 'U' shape when viewed from the rear, but the DYRL 1/48 toys have this incorrect.

6) TV series FAST packs, a different color to the DYRL packs will be released, but it has not been decided yet whether to release them together with the VF-1J or seperately.

Graham

So I'm thinking that the pre-order for the Hikaru 1J will be available within a month since it's usually two months prior to a 1/48s release that the pre-orders go up. It's about time for a SDF Macross paint scheme, can't wait to see pics of the pilot with his SDF flightsuit. :D

just keep on saving money

2004 is gonna be a good macross year again.... :D

How can you keep saving money when you keep spending it on Macross VFs? Sounds like an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Anyways, my wallet is gonna hurt. I have 2 low vis and now in the process acquiring 2 more. Now we have the 1Js? Lord have mercy! :blink: Maybe I should not buy the other 2 low vis. <_<

2004 is a year for macross baddies and VF-0 and not forgetting more 1/48 coming along (hint hint max millia & GBP, yamato?) :D 

and who knows there may be some surprises from bandai? :rolleyes:

:lol:  :D  :p

There goes the wallet getting a break. :blink: But it is all good. It is all going to a good cause, Me. :lol:

Bandai hopefully a Strike reissue at least.

Edited by Mechafan