Takara Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

Drad

If Takara made a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus, would you buy it?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If Takara made a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus, would you buy it?

• Yeah, I'd get one.
    • Nah, it'd just be another repaint.

robotech aint selln well right now while transformers is,. thats my point. macross is doing good, 0 got the best OVA award. IM not sure maybe u think i think macross is the almighty god send anime that everyone likes but i dont think its likle that i think it has a strong following eclipsed by gundam fans. Most of the diehard transfans are g1 fans who saw robotech growing up. go to tf boards the majority of them are not kids. majority of fans in the US yes kids but a very strong presence is us collectors that are older and make up the majortiy of the members on boards.

All im sayhing is give the japanese some credit. its not like hasbro did all this from scratch. convoy was an important mecha in diaclone., bam theres a leader right there. im not surprised marvel and hasbro decided to morph him into a sentinet character and a leader of all things. A number of japanese transformers shows are good and DONT have optimus prime. masterforce and victory come to mind. the bESt US show was beast wars. nothing weill ever take down g1. without japan there is no transformers. sure they might have screwed their story up more than anyone would even like to care to exp-lore but whos to say we havent. nonetheless they deserve their recognition and in some areas they outshined us a lot in terms of the toys they got.

case in point? Japan deserves some credit. America isnt the almighty bringer of great stories transformers wise. the last ones they headed(beast machines and armada) are highly regarded to have SUCKED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN TRANSFORMERS HISTORY UNANINIMOUSLY AMONGST ALMOST ALL TRANSFORMER FANS) Armada to collectors was a failure. America did good for most of G1 and with simon fuhrman. but armada nad beast machines? armada was pverhyped. beast machines was a sad sqequel to a great series. japan screwed up beast wars and neo and 2 probably sucked as well but had good toys. Energon is much better than armada. Japans superlinmk though very similar is shaping up quite well too. RID sucked. the toys rocked though.

takara aint perfect. niether is hasbro.

whether you cal him prime or convoy, if your a diehard chances are you call him convoy.

i do agree most fans call him optimus. hell i even ADMITTED i do too. an uh yea common sense robotech wasnt shown in japan. Sure some fans there liked it. But you dont see them losing sleep over the MPC VF-1 not being sold domestically there though.

and a lot of characters in japan had personality. big convoy stands out as the most "different" convoy. Magmatron is significantly different than all the other destron or decepticon leaders. God ginrai reformatted as victory leo is a crazy sumbetch. God ginrai is differnt than prime. Star saber manages to kick ass and not be like rodimus at all.

japans got some good stories so does the US> but both of them have their rather crappy takes on transformers over the years. niether is perfect. they got their ups and downs.

i 2nd that! skyfire needs a bad ass toy damn it. magnus was ok to me. i just never saw him as a leader more like a grunt. now hotrod..id wish they made a sequel to the movie so prime could come back from the dead and kill his ass along with megatron and end it once and for all., Rodmus loooked barely improved from hot rod and the toy was inferior to hot rod. maybe hasbro knew this dude would suck from the getgo.

back on the topic on hand i think a trailer made up of armor parts that converted into armor for masterpiece convoy would work well as ultra magnus armor. since drad said convoy i too will refer to the toy or character whichever as convoy.

that way least we get a trailer and a magnus figure.

The reason tf was popular was becaue fo the show not becuae of the toys

Hahahahaha...

you are joking right? I'm not saying the show was total crap (i was a bit too young to consider quality), but to say it was the show over the toys? You really must be kidding.

edit- forgot a word, hehe

Edited by Phyrox

The reason tf was popular was becaue fo the show not becuae of the toys

Hahahahaha...

you are joking right? I'm not saying the show was total crap (i was a bit too young to consider quality), but to say it was the show over the toys? You really must be kidding.

edit- forgot a word, hehe

the show sold the toys not vice versa. noone woudl see the toys and go ohh let me see the show.

robotech aint selln well right now while transformers is,. thats my point. macross is doing good, 0 got the best OVA award. IM not sure maybe u think i think macross is the almighty god send anime that everyone likes but i dont think its likle that i think it has a strong following eclipsed by gundam fans. Most of the diehard transfans are g1 fans who saw robotech growing up. go to tf boards the majority of them are not kids. majority of fans in the US yes kids but a very strong presence is us collectors that are older and make up the majortiy of the members on boards.

All im sayhing is give the japanese some credit. its not like hasbro did all this from scratch. convoy was an important mecha in diaclone., bam theres a leader right there. im not surprised marvel and hasbro decided to morph him into a sentinet character and a leader of all things. A number of japanese transformers shows are good and DONT have optimus prime. masterforce and victory come to mind. the bESt US show was beast wars. nothing weill ever take down g1. without japan there is no transformers. sure they might have screwed their story up more than anyone would even like to care to exp-lore but whos to say we havent. nonetheless they deserve their recognition and in some areas they outshined us a lot in terms of the toys they got.

case in point? Japan deserves some credit. America isnt the almighty bringer of great stories transformers wise. the last ones they headed(beast machines and armada) are highly regarded to have SUCKED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN TRANSFORMERS HISTORY UNANINIMOUSLY AMONGST ALMOST ALL TRANSFORMER FANS) Armada to collectors was a failure. America did good for most of G1 and with simon fuhrman. but armada nad beast machines? armada was pverhyped. beast machines was a sad sqequel to a great series. japan screwed up beast wars and neo and 2 probably sucked as well but had good toys. Energon is much better than armada. Japans superlinmk though very similar is shaping up quite well too. RID sucked. the toys rocked though.

takara aint perfect. niether is hasbro.

whether you cal him prime or convoy, if your a diehard chances are you call him convoy.

i do agree most fans call him optimus. hell i even ADMITTED i do too. an uh yea common sense robotech wasnt shown in japan. Sure some fans there liked it. But you dont see them losing sleep over the MPC VF-1 not being sold domestically there though.

and a lot of characters in japan had personality. big convoy stands out as the most "different" convoy. Magmatron is significantly different than all the other destron or decepticon leaders. God ginrai reformatted as victory leo is a crazy sumbetch. God ginrai is differnt than prime. Star saber manages to kick ass and not be like rodimus at all.

japans got some good stories so does the US> but both of them have their rather crappy takes on transformers over the years. niether is perfect. they got their ups and downs.

transformers sells becuase they are constatly making new product. Duhhh.

For me the primary appeal of transformers is toys. Sure I have fond memories of the old G1 show and comics, and I confess I read the new Dreamwaves comics, which are suprisingly well written, but if it wasn't for the toys my interest would be zero.

I didn't buy Convoy/Prime so why would I buy a repaint? I guess I was a wierd kid, I never liked the cartoon but I loved the toys so I have zero interest in "anime accurate" transformers.

the show sold the toys not vice versa. noone woudl see the toys and go ohh let me see the show.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you there, at least in my case. When Transformers started I was a little kid living out in the country with only a few channels on the television, none of them broadcasting TF. My first ever experience with TF was going to a Sears store in a larger city and seeing a lone Windcharger hanging on a peg. I had never seen nor heard of the "Transformers" before, nor any morphing toys for that matter. I latched onto that Windcharger tight and made sure my parents knew I wasn't going to leave without it. Lucky for me those mini-cars were pretty cheap. :p Anyway, I LOVED that little guy, and craved to know more about the Transformers. More and more kids at my school started showing up with different Transformers toys and it drove me nuts because I couldn't find any in my little podunk town. When I started seeing the bigger ones like Jazz I really started to drool. Then I heard some of my friends talking about the cartoon. There was a CARTOON?!?! I was going insane knowing there were not only more of these toys out there, but an actual show to go along with it. Later that year my family moved to a different town. After everything was moved into the new house and my dad hooked up the television, the FIRST thing I saw glowing from the screen, like some sort of god welcoming me to my knew home, was Optimus Prime. I sat there in awe and watched the Transformers cartoon for the first time. After that I watched it as much as I could and since we lived closer to a large city where my mom did all her shopping it was a lot easier for me to find all sorts of toys.

Today I have a nostalgic love for the cartoon, but it's purely that. I think on a quality level it's pretty poorly written and features some fairly average animation. It's just not that great of a show when stacked up against other anime. It's the little boy inside me that allows me to even watch it at all. :)

yea to be honest i was in it for the toys. the cartoon was cool but i knew the toys first. After getting the toys i saw the cartooon which i did like but the toys for what they were were good for its time. out of all the domestic lines here transformers was the best selling transforming robot line of the 80s in the US. and not all of rthem sucked. People bought RID kuz the toys rocked we all know the cartoon sucked. Beast machines toy and carton sucked cept for that big ass exclusive primal that they sold at tru.

so the cartoon dont always sell the toy. RID is proof of that. people bought it up kuz it was a loine of vehicle altmodes with beast wars articulation. NOT for the cartoon.

I remember having some Diaclones and Transformers before the cartoon came out (which is probably why I didn't like the cartoon) and I also remember my frinds not really being that interested in them until after the transformers cartoon started airing.

yea to be honest i was in it for the toys. the cartoon was cool but i knew the toys first. After getting the toys i saw the cartooon which i did like but the toys for what they were were good for its time. out of all the domestic lines here transformers was the best selling transforming robot line of the 80s in the US. and not all of rthem sucked. People bought RID kuz the toys rocked we all know the cartoon sucked. Beast machines toy and carton sucked cept for that big ass exclusive primal that they sold at tru.

so the cartoon dont always sell the toy. RID is proof of that. people bought it up kuz it was a loine of vehicle altmodes with beast wars articulation. NOT for the cartoon.

Yep. The toon was awful, but the toys were pretty keen.

to be honest it was only after i got the toys that i wanted to se the cartoon. i didnt even know a cartoon existed till i saw a commercial after getting my first transformers. seeing the commercial revealed to me that "hey theres a cartoon and storyline for these cool". my appetite was still wet with toys only. cartoon was cool but the toys are waht did it for me and many other kids.

robotech makes new product and they dont sell as well. DUH. that much is obvious. oh yea the toyline went on LONGER than the cartoon. oh well lets jsut drop this now this thread was about ultra magnus look what it turned into.

no. new product == new anime.

nope. look at the super poseable alpha figures. those werent old. when they came out they wer ethe first super psoeable alphas. they werent exactl;y goldmine toys. Yep couple stores had to discount their asses to get them off the shelf. how about the SD morphers. those aint sell that well either. and the keychains. the MPC.

when all is said and done robotech merchandise hasnt exactly FLOWN off shelves. its only done that on discount. SEVERE mass discount i might add./

nope. look at the super poseable alpha figures. those werent old. when they came out they wer ethe first super psoeable alphas. they werent exactl;y goldmine toys. Yep couple stores had to discount their asses to get them off the shelf. how about the SD morphers. those aint sell that well either. and the keychains. the MPC.

when all is said and done robotech merchandise hasnt exactly FLOWN off shelves. its only done that on discount. SEVERE mass discount i might add./

No new product == no new anime.

then what do you call the alpha MPC and superposeables? OLD? anime doesnt always sell toys. cartoons anime whichever. like i said RID the anime sucked but the toys ruled. the same could be said for some of beast wars neo and beast wars 2. toys dont need a cartoon to back them up. this is definitely true with RID. car robots whichever.

If HG had put RT on TV and run commercials for the toys during the show at the same time as releasing toys instead of putting it on DVD the could have sold alot more of thier junk to "un-Macross-enlightened" kids.

then what do you call the alpha MPC and superposeables? OLD? anime doesnt always sell toys. cartoons anime whichever. like i said RID the anime sucked but the toys ruled. the same could be said for some of beast wars neo and beast wars 2. toys dont need a cartoon to back them up. this is definitely true with RID. car robots whichever.

No new product == no new anime.

new toys of an old anime only sell to nostalgia groups.

BINaltech and alternators have no anime whatsoever and as far as hasbro is concerned are NOT g1. (who gives not like i follow them). yet those are selling mighty well. AS far as hasbro and takara are concerned it is a totally new line. u dont see g1 labels on binaltechs boxes now do you? latest microman dont got an anime. like i said toys dont need a cartoon to sell them.

BINaltech and alternators have no anime whatsoever and as far as hasbro is concerned are NOT g1. (who gives not like i follow them). yet those are selling mighty well. AS far as hasbro and takara are concerned it is a totally new line. u dont see g1 labels on binaltechs boxes now do you? latest microman dont got an anime. like i said toys dont need a cartoon to sell them.

with transformers you have energon supporting it.

alternators sell to nostalgia gourps and fans of energon./supe rlink.

Kids ask for toys they see on tv.

again. No new product == no new anime.