Part 2

1 VF-1 2NV

The other good thing about the part 2 set is, they allow certain figures to combine ie:- Mao can be attached to Sara's feet piece, and Mylene to Basara.

Lucky Basara.

I wish I could combine with Mylene B))

Graham

The other good thing about the part 2 set is, they allow certain figures to combine ie:- Mao can be attached to Sara's feet piece, and Mylene to Basara.

Lucky Basara.

I wish I could combine with Mylene B))

Graham

That sounds very wrong..... <_<

Come on...someone sell me mylene!

actually, the illustration version is the NORMAL one,

the un-paint hair one is a "clear hair "version,

note that the clear hair set is not much people want....

I find the clear hair versions quite meaningless. Some of the females look good when backlited, but some look eerie because you think you can see their skull!

But then, there aren't many gimmicks that can be applied to get a second set (double profit!) so effortlessly.

The side splits on Misa's skirt are not sanded properly.

Mine too. She looks like she's wearing a cheongsam, with the slit going all the way up. :p Her uniform is half-sprayed with light green; I can't figure out what effect is it supposed to be.

My Roy Fokker's head does not join up properly too. :( Looks like he is beheaded.. very ghastly.

The only one which is nicely done up imo, is the cockpit diorama secret figure. But that alone, is not worth USD30 imo.

My cockpit cover is heavily scratched.. :( There's no head in the helmet too! Properly intentional, but quite creepy if you look into it.

Of the whole of the part 2 regular figures lot, Basara seems to be the finest made - the likeness, pose, and he has the least paint job hiccup.

For me, I like the Minmay diorama best. :)

Cheongsam = a long dress with a high collar and slit skirt, traditionally worn by Chinese women.

Edited by nhyone

Mine too. She looks like she's wearing a cheongsam, with the slit going all the way up. :p Her uniform is half-sprayed with light green; I can't figure out what effect is it supposed to be.

Yeah, now that you mention it, the splits on her skirt is not suppose to go all the way up like a Qi pao or Cheong Sam, but that's understandable because of the way her legs assemble. The light green color is suppose to give tone to the clothing; it's too heavily applied imo, and I think they should have used a light grey or tan instead of that green.

My Roy Fokker's head does not join up properly too. :( Looks like he is beheaded.. very ghastly.

Maybe you need to push the head in a little harder or sand the stump of his neck a little.

My cockpit cover is heavily scratched.. :( There's no head in the helmet too! Properly intentional, but quite creepy if you look into it.

My cockpit cover has some light scratches too, but what bothered me more is there is a huge seam where the two halves of the cockpit join. It's either the PVC in the middle is too thick or the female tubes are too far out that they can't be joined nicely.

For me, I like the Minmay diorama best. :)

Cheongsam = a long dress with a high collar and slit skirt, traditionally worn by Chinese women.

Minmay is my other favorite. B))

The worse figure in my set would be the Sara figure. She's like tilting to the left...gonna fall any minute and her face looks like an ape or something. I like Roy best.

:)

I only got one figure. I was gonna buy opened ones, but they are twice the price of unopened ones, with the Minmay diorama one being about four times the price (Y2000) if i remember correctly. So I just got one, hoping for Basara. Actually I got Sara. I don't mind the sculpt, but the pose is terrible. I'm sure whoever designed it thought it looked good on paper. Sadly, PVC BENDS. Now we have Sara Nome doing "the Lean" (Michael Jackson eat your heart out!) and of course, I don't have Mao to prop her up against.

Anyway, I hope that opened Basara is still there...

I know Graham asked this before but I did not see a reply, what scale does that cockpit work out to? Also, are all the rest in scale with each other? If so then Roy if fricking huge by comparison.

Why not use some BLU-TAC on Sara's feet. They are quite sturdy.

As for the scale of the cockpit, I had originally thought 1/32... but when you compare this to the 1/48, it 's more closer to 1/24 scale - a standing battroid of it would be roughly about 2' tall. :o

Please somebody put a close up picture of the cockpit.

I want to see the interior and all the details. I really like the cockpit but I am not sure if its worth 30 bucks. :(

Here are the close-ups. My camera can't go closer... but what you see here is pretty much what you'll get. Customizers can strip away the paints and repaint it I think, the only problem you'll have is Hikaru and the seat are glued to one of the cockpit half.

Da Close-ups

Very nice and clear pics BoB, thanks.

I'm definitely going to have to try to hunt one of those down when I have some spare funds.

I love the DYRL style holographic HUD painted on the canopy.

It would be cool if there was a Battroid mode version cockpit as well.

Graham

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this - the DYRL style holographic HUD is actually painted on a separate piece of PVC. The sculpted clear PVC piece is then put above it to give that nice "glass screen" effect.

I would like a Battroid mode version too, but not at 30 bucks! :D I hope it won't cost that much should they make one eventually.

I got my figures today and scored the cockpit :) I was't that impressed with the pictures I had seen but in person I was blown away. Very cool. Worth 30 dollars? I paid 75 for all of them, it seems like a lot even for something this nice...but then again if I didn't already have one I might think differently :)

Got my box of the figures earlier this week! :) The cockpit is great, but the others all suffer from the glaring QC issues mentioned by others. Sara I can glue in place and live with, but Misa will need a re-paint since the green color painted on her skirt looks more like mold than anything else... not to mention the quarter inch gap on both sides of her skirt...I am still not sure if it was worth the price I paid for the set shipped ($85.00) but if I didn't have it, I am sure I would feel differently!

Question: How many who bought a complete box did not get the cockpit? It seems that many have gotten it, myself included. Just wondering if the cockpit is packed in a higher ratio as opposed to the Minmay doll from series 1 which seemed harder to find. Not for me...I got it in my box from series 1 but had to pay with losing a normal hair Hikaru.. :( Now Hikaru has to look at Misa through a visor lest he chance suffering ridicule due to his translucent tresses. <_< Somebody got a regular hair Hikaru they want to sell?!?

Thanks,

Melissa

Edited by trueblueeyes

I reckon the sculptors at CM's are definitely a bunch of pervs.

I mean was it really necessary to sculpt Misa so that you could pull apart the two halves of her skirt and legs to show her underwear?

Graham

Hehe, probably. A while back, while searching for dougram stuff on E-bay, I came across a PVC figure of one of the lead women. You could reconfigure her with or without her skirt on. Can't remember if is was one of CM's pieces though.

Oh BTW anyone out there have a spare Hikaru, Minmey, and Mao from the 1st series you'd be willing to sell? PM me if you do.

Edited by GobotFool

Is there any way to tell what you will get if you buy an entire box?

I got a set from TMP yesterday, and it contains 10, so, that should be one each of the regular, and clear hair figs correct? Or since there are a total of 6 figs if you include the mystery item, are the rest at total random?

EDIT - and Melissas, I agree with the Misa repaint. Her Skirt is fine to me because on mine it is whiter than her jacket which is a full shade darker for some reason. If I had the skills, I would repaint her, but I do not, so I guess she'll stay as is.

I thought the same of the Focker figure before I took a look at it, and noticed that his flight suit is darker than the armor parts, but that makes sense. So far, I have Misa, Focker, and Sara, and I have to say Focker is my favorite of them all.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I mean was it really necessary to sculpt Misa so that you could pull apart the two halves of her skirt and legs to show her underwear?

What does it say about the person who actually does that? *cough* *cough* :lol:

Graham

Its called detail. Any gashapon or trading figure collector here can tell you almost any of their female figures who wear a skirt have pull apart legs and sometimes skirts, that reveal panties underneath.

I got a set from TMP yesterday, and it contains 10, so, that should be one each of the regular, and clear hair figs correct? Or since there are a total of 6 figs if you include the mystery item, are the rest at total random?

Well from what I can tell from everybody else, you'll get a full set of either clear hair or regular hair if you buy a box. The only random figure is the cockpit. From what I heard, it's either you get the minmay or the cockpit. I forgot if it's the clear hair minmay or normal that the cockpit replaces. But anyhow the secret figure should be in one of the two boxes in front. That's just what I heard, so don't go quoting me on that. :p:D:lol:

Its called detail. Any gashapon or trading figure collector here can tell you almost any of their female figures who wear a skirt have pull apart legs and sometimes skirts, that reveal panties underneath.

I didn't actually LOOK, but when I was putting Sara on her base, you can see up her skirt, and I think she's going commando. :blink:

Makes sense considering the back ass wards tribal culture she's from and all...

Any Sara fanboys out there that can confirm this? It was a pain in the ass to get her onto her base, so I'm not taking her off now that she's on!

Graham

I'm sorry wolfX, I have to disagree. Most of the gashapon or trading figure anime ladies I have seen out there or have in my collection, need absolutely no help from the fanboys in regards to getting some fanservice. Most of them are already posed, flashing their goodies or mildly beckoning one to look straight out of the box.

Now Misa, is an exceptional case. What the sculptors have done for her is unneccesary, but it's a nice gesture regardless. Also, calling my friends a bunch of pervs is not nice. <_< I would AT LEAST, call them a bunch of pervs, shake their hands, then give each one of them, a pat on the back. :D

Edited by Beware of Blast

I got a set from TMP yesterday, and it contains 10, so, that should be one each of the regular, and clear hair figs correct?  Or since there are a total of 6 figs if you include the mystery item, are the rest at total random?

Well from what I can tell from everybody else, you'll get a full set of either clear hair or regular hair if you buy a box. The only random figure is the cockpit. From what I heard, it's either you get the minmay or the cockpit. I forgot if it's the clear hair minmay or normal that the cockpit replaces. But anyhow the secret figure should be in one of the two boxes in front. That's just what I heard, so don't go quoting me on that. :p:D:lol:

Can anyone confirm if there really is a packing order? I ordered 2 boxes from HLJ and ended up with 6 Basara's (4 regular hair, 2 clears). This kinda doesn't jive with getting either a full set of clear or regulars... so either HLJ doesn't really sell sealed boxes... or a packing order is nothing more than just a rumor?

I got a set from TMP yesterday, and it contains 10, so, that should be one each of the regular, and clear hair figs correct?  Or since there are a total of 6 figs if you include the mystery item, are the rest at total random?

Can anyone confirm if there really is a packing order? I ordered 2 boxes from HLJ and ended up with 6 Basara's (4 regular hair, 2 clears). This kinda doesn't jive with getting either a full set of clear or regulars... so either HLJ doesn't really sell sealed boxes... or a packing order is nothing more than just a rumor?

Did your boxes come shrink wrapped or was it already opened?

I didn't actually LOOK, but when I was putting Sara on her base, you can see up her skirt, and I think she's going commando. :blink:

Any Sara fanboys out there that can confirm this? It was a pain in the ass to get her onto her base, so I'm not taking her off now that she's on!

I have to check again, but in Ep 3 of M0, when Sara gets dressed after Shin catches the floating rocks song, she only puts on the dress. No folded up painties by the pool.

So yes, commando.

Edited by Anubis

If you mean "no panties" by commando, you're wrong. I just pulled her waist and legs out of the dress. She's wearing white panties. :p

Hey, I was curious! :rolleyes:

I'll bet Basara... never mind... just don't go there... please...