Part 2

1 VF-1 2NV

Mine showed up today. Not bad. I like them. Painting is a little sloppy. A few random paint marks here & there on some of the figures.

The ratio for females to male figures is the same as the last set 4 to 1 lol

anyone want my Basara figures lol? :lol:

Okay, I recognize five out of six of the girls in the box art. Minmay, Ishtar, Mylene, Mao, and Sara. Is the last one Sharon Apple? If so does that mean that we've got series 3 coming along in the future? :D

Okay, I recognize five out of six of the girls in the box art. Minmay, Ishtar, Mylene, Mao, and Sara. Is the last one Sharon Apple? If so does that mean that we've got series 3 coming along in the future? :D

You don't recognize Misa?

Okay, I recognize five out of six of the girls in the box art.  Minmay, Ishtar, Mylene, Mao, and Sara.  Is the last one Sharon Apple?  If so does that mean that we've got series 3 coming along in the future? :D

You don't recognize Misa?

The hair's too long and in the wrong style. Plus in the pic there are only singers (exception of Mao, but maybe she'll end up singing). There are at least one singer that represents a Macross series.

I think it's Sharon Apple. :p

I'm sorry wolfX, I have to disagree. Most of the gashapon or trading figure anime ladies I have seen out there or have in my collection, need absolutely no help from  the fanboys in regards to getting some fanservice. Most of them are already posed, flashing their goodies or mildly beckoning one to look straight out of the box.

What's there to disagree? I already said that most of them have pantsus underneath them skirts.... <_<

Some even have removable skirts which you can make them stand without their skirts....no idea why anyone would do that though unless they are pervs.....

And if you have alot of "flashy" gashapon....I don't even want to know what they figures they are off. :lol:

Mine are all decent ....none flashy, non fanservicey....but they still have pantsus. Not that I look....when fixing the legs to the torso, you'll see it.

Also, calling my friends a bunch of pervs is not nice. <_<

Your friends sculpted the CM 2's? Now...that explains alot..... :ph34r:

Edited by wolfx

Hello fellow Makurosu fans.

Sorry to derail any ongoing discussions but I have a question to post to you guys that I felt fit into this thread.

Is box shaking bad?

I got up early on my day off from work to hit Yodobashi Camera and sure enough, they had a freshly opened box of CM`s set 2. Take out bottom left and shake... rattle rattle. Pause, then take out bottom right and shake... ka-thunk ka-thunk. So 546 yen later I have the cockpit secret mini. Hit Toys r us next and also walk away with a secret. This took a bit more time since all the boxes were out individualy on a shelf.

I thought of continuing my rampage but thought, this feels kinda wrong. When do I stop? I made a complete set of the first set, including all 4 Mao as well as 2 secrets in the same way. If they are for my own use, is it ok? What if I were to Ebay them?

What about stores that cherry pick all the secrets and leave the others for unwary customers to buy? I`ve learned never to buy trading figure boxes or gachapon from stores that employ fanboys. Thats why I frequent Toys r us, supermarkets, and other normal stores. Some are a bit more honest though, Animate was selling some unopened boxes for half price. And another lesson I learned the hard way was to never buy unopened boxes for 100yen. They will undoubteldy be all the same character.

And how many of you out there also shake boxes? And those of you that don`t live where the boxes are sold individualy, would you shake if you had the chance? Ah the trials and tribulations of toy buying, who would of thought of the moral delima that this hobby would bring.

It seems CM`s corporation is encouraging this, making the secrets so easy to identify by shaking. As well as putting the figures in a specific order. Should they randomize the boxes to make it more fair? Make all the figures weigh the same? Lets get some good discussion going on here. (unless you really are just interested in the panty discussion;)

Bariaburu Faita

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Nah, If I buy individually I shake, weigh and otherwise try to make sure I know what I'm getting - like how I got my Batou and tachikoma without having a bunch of stuff I didn't want. Of course I never buy more than one of a kind, so I never even thought there was anything wrong with it. This time around, I kinda wanted the whole set, so I just ordered a box from TRU-J online. Saved the trouble and the chance, but I'm with you in that I'd never buy any from a fanboy "speciality shop," but then again I could just be paranoid.

Oh, and BTW Welcome to Macrossworld.

Edited by LePoseur

You're a smart man Bariaburu!

But I noticed what you're talking about. You can feel by the weight which figure it's going to be. The really heavy one is Roy, the slightly less heavy is Basara or the secret. The lightest is Misa.

I just wish I had ordered a box of the first series, I still want my DYRL Minmay... *sigh* At least I got a series 2 Minmay this time around.

And I agree, don't buy individual figures from shops that employ fanboys. The cool figures that you want always get picked out... <_<

But, when I'm rying to get a figure I want, I want to figure out which box has my figure so I don't have to dish out shitloads of money. So I don't mind being able to tell or try to tell by weight or shaking.

Is there any way to tell what you will get if you buy an entire box?

I got a set from TMP yesterday, and it contains 10, so, that should be one each of the regular, and clear hair figs correct?  Or since there are a total of 6 figs if you include the mystery item, are the rest at total random?

Well from what I can tell from everybody else, you'll get a full set of either clear hair or regular hair if you buy a box. The only random figure is the cockpit. From what I heard, it's either you get the minmay or the cockpit. I forgot if it's the clear hair minmay or normal that the cockpit replaces. But anyhow the secret figure should be in one of the two boxes in front. That's just what I heard, so don't go quoting me on that. :p:D:lol:

Can anyone confirm if there really is a packing order? I ordered 2 boxes from HLJ and ended up with 6 Basara's (4 regular hair, 2 clears). This kinda doesn't jive with getting either a full set of clear or regulars... so either HLJ doesn't really sell sealed boxes... or a packing order is nothing more than just a rumor?

Did your boxes come shrink wrapped or was it already opened?

Taped. All the full boxes of trade figures I've ordered from HLJ are like this, never got a shrinkwrapped one before from them.

Kamineko, I think HLJ tampered with those boxes and might have shipped them to you by mistake. Trading figure boxes are always sealed with glue out of the case, they're never taped.

The toy shop that I purchase a set from, is publicly known to open the boxes so they can see what they're getting... They would then gather all the figures and sell them as complete sets. On top of that, Early birds will definately get the secret figure. They are priced slightly more expensive this way, but you don't waste time shaking boxes.

Some of you might not like this method I use because the CMS stands interfere with the overall presentation, but try it if you want your figures to stand and pose steady.

Notice the strategic positions of poles and grapple in the pictures... one thing really good about the CMS stands is that, they are totally configurable and versatile. Also notice the bits of blu-tac used under their feet.

post-4-1084676629_thumb.jpg

B))J saw that some of u are looking for some CM's from the first series and thks for god j have some!!!

From the first series j have a minmay with painted hair,one mylene with painted hair too and finally a mao with clear hair...

Be aware that j live in france so be aware of the cost of shipping ...

So if someone is intestered by one or all don't hesitate to contact me ogf course macrossworld menber will have the priority ;p

J wait also a full package of 15 of the new series CM's 2 so if j have some spares two j will give u some information about them....

Fred

PS:no no no the minmay doll is not in sell LOL

post-4-1084736087_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu-ad

Hello fellow Makurosu fans.

Sorry to derail any ongoing discussions but I have a question to post to you guys that I felt fit into this thread.

Is box shaking bad?

I got up early on my day off from work to hit Yodobashi Camera and sure enough, they had a freshly opened box of CM`s set 2. Take out bottom left and shake... rattle rattle. Pause, then take out bottom right and shake... ka-thunk ka-thunk. So 546 yen later I have the cockpit secret mini. Hit Toys r us next and also walk away with a secret. This took a bit more time since all the boxes were out individualy on a shelf.

I thought of continuing my rampage but thought, this feels kinda wrong. When do I stop? I made a complete set of the first set, including all 4 Mao as well as 2 secrets in the same way. If they are for my own use, is it ok? What if I were to Ebay them?

What about stores that cherry pick all the secrets and leave the others for unwary customers to buy? I`ve learned never to buy trading figure boxes or gachapon from stores that employ fanboys. Thats why I frequent Toys r us, supermarkets, and other normal stores. Some are a bit more honest though, Animate was selling some unopened boxes for half price. And another lesson I learned the hard way was to never buy unopened boxes for 100yen. They will undoubteldy be all the same character.

And how many of you out there also shake boxes? And those of you that don`t live where the boxes are sold individualy, would you shake if you had the chance? Ah the trials and tribulations of toy buying, who would of thought of the moral delima that this hobby would bring.

It seems CM`s corporation is encouraging this, making the secrets so easy to identify by shaking. As well as putting the figures in a specific order. Should they randomize the boxes to make it more fair? Make all the figures weigh the same? Lets get some good discussion going on here. (unless you really are just interested in the panty discussion;)

Bariaburu Faita

Yeah, I shook the one I bought, too. Still got Sara. :p

Yeah, I shook the one I bought, too.  Still got Sara.  :p

You think that's bad. I spent 5 minutes shaking and weiging boxes, before choosing 3 boxes and all 3 were sara! <_<

Graham

Bloody Sara! Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't lean like she does.

You think that's bad. I spent 5 minutes shaking and weiging boxes, before choosing 3 boxes and all 3 were sara! <_<

Graham

Sara's cursed us! Yikes! Cursed by a crazy priestess that likes to go psycho! :ph34r:

Poor Graham! :(

Ok, since the board seems to be overwhelmingly pro-shaking, I`ll give you all a couple pointers.

First, get out a Sara figure and the Secret.

Notice how Sara is thinner than the box. So when you shake the box side to side you get allot of movement, and get the sound of soft PVC muffled by a plastic bag hitting cardboard; "Paf Paf" Also, due to the stand and various loose bits you get a "Rattle Rattle" along with that.

Now note how the Secret has a high stand attached, so there is very little clearance between it and the box, so there is very little noise when you shake it side to side; "shif shif" And being one solid piece of ABS there is no other noise.

Sara is fairly tall compared to the box, so only a slight bump when you shake top to bottom. Plus the rattle.

The Secret, on the other hand, is short and has plenty of room to accelerate to noisemaking velocity. And since its a solid piece of ABS vice PVC, you get a nice "Ka-thunk Ka-thunk" sound when shaking top to bottom.

So these principles can be applied to just about any figure. Keep in mind the material composition, physical dimensions, and parts count and you will never be surprised as to what you get. Weight alone is not enough to base figure identification on. Use your brain, and other senses.

Bariaburu Faita

So these principles can be applied to just about any figure. Keep in mind the material composition, physical dimensions, and parts count and you will never be surprised as to what you get. Weight alone is not enough to base figure identification on. Use your brain, and other senses.

All these time I thought the shaking is to change the figure inside into the one you want.. aka God of Gamblers II.. :p

Edited by nhyone

All these time I thought the shaking is to change the figure inside into the one you want.. aka God of Gamblers II.. :p

If I can do that I wouldn't want any of the CMS figures. Gimme something that's actually valuable like diamonds in a small black plastic bag instead.

diamonds.jpg

Muahahahah! B))

One thing's for sure, shaking them boxes without Bariaburu Faita's elusive expertise will certainly turn one into a hobo. :D

Hey guys, I don't post often but I have a question.

I have the first CMS set and love it. I have the entire set, normal hair and transparant hair, plus 2 chase figures (I got really lucky I guess!!)... any way, could some one post pics of what are considered the normal hair and what are the transparant hair in set 2? The pics that I have been looking at on ebay are terrible, and there seems to be confusion which figure is "normal" and which is "special," aka transparant.

Some of the figures like Misa are easy to tell. Others like Minmay are tougher to tell from the pics. Minmay has a light blue "frosted" looking version with a light pink shirt in one set and Dark hair with a red shirt in another version. Sometimes the dark hair looks like the transparant material from set one, some times it looks like the normal material from set one.

Roy is another one that is hard to tell.

Thanks for all of the help guys!

-Joe

I have the first CMS set and love it. I have the entire set, normal hair and transparant hair, plus 2 chase figures (I got really lucky I guess!!)... any way, could some one post pics of what are considered the normal hair and what are the transparant hair in set 2? The pics that I have been looking at on ebay are terrible, and there seems to be confusion which figure is "normal" and which is "special," aka transparant.

Some of the figures like Misa are easy to tell. Others like Minmay are tougher to tell from the pics. Minmay has a light blue "frosted" looking version with a light pink shirt in one set and Dark hair with a red shirt in another version. Sometimes the dark hair looks like the transparant material from set one, some times it looks like the normal material from set one.

-Joe

The only one from the clear set that actually looks clear is the Misa figure. Sara sort of and Basara its almost the same as the regular. The clear Roy I have the hair is just painted a different color. Really not clear at all. The Minmay figure just has lighter hair but it doesn't appear to be clear.

-Joe

The only one from the clear set that actually looks clear is the Misa figure. Sara sort of and Basara its almost the same as the regular. The clear Roy I have the hair is just painted a different color. Really not clear at all. The Minmay figure just has lighter hair but it doesn't appear to be clear.

So is the lighter haired Minmay considered the Standard or the /Transparant Special figure? How do I know which Roy hair is the Standard and which is the transparant/special? Sorry to be a pain, I am just trying to sort this out before I drop some cash on these things,

Thanks again

-Joe

So is the lighter haired Minmay considered the Standard or the /Transparant Special figure? How do I know which Roy hair is the Standard and which is the transparant/special? Sorry to be a pain, I am just trying to sort this out before I drop some cash on these things,

Thanks again

For Roy the only way to tell is that the color of the hair for the "clear" version doesn't match his sideburns that are painted on the side of his head. I'll post some pics shortly.

and for minmay I think the dark hair version is the normal version.

Edited by dejr8bud

-Joe

Thanks again

For Roy the only way to tell is that the color of the hair for the "clear" version doesn't match his sideburns that are painted on the side of his head. I'll post some pics shortly.

and for minmay I think the dark hair version is the normal version.

Thank You so much!!!!

Thanks again

Actually the dark haired version is the special/transparent version and the one with pastel colors is the normal version. I say this simply cuz the box advertises the pastel colored version.

If I can do that I wouldn't want any of the CMS figures. Gimme something that's actually valuable like diamonds in a small black plastic bag instead.

diamonds.jpg

Muahahahah! B))

One thing's for sure, shaking them boxes without Bariaburu Faita's elusive expertise will certainly turn one into a hobo. :D

Diamonds may possible not be as precious as you think anymore.

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/8205/8205diamonds.html

Think of all the possible applications..... :blink::ph34r:

Can't wait to get my box from Kev...... :rolleyes::pB))

Graham

Sara's cursed us! Yikes! Cursed by a crazy priestess that likes to go psycho! :ph34r:

Poor Graham! :(

Graham has a strong and dangerous Kadun.

:p

The Secret, on the other hand, is short and has plenty of room to accelerate to noisemaking velocity. And since its a solid piece of ABS vice PVC, you get a nice "Ka-thunk Ka-thunk" sound when shaking top to bottom.

There is still an element of luck..

I took out an unopened box that could be either Minmay diorama or the cockpit (based on the position -- as mentioned in the other thread) and shook it. It "felt" heavier than its neighbour (the other Minmay diorama), and made just one sound -- the Minmay diorama has several thin pieces that produce very characteristic sounds.

I opened it.. and found the Minmay diorama. <_< For some reason, the other pieces were stuck to the box in such a way that they didn't move when I shook it.

There's no 100% in life. :D

There is still an element of luck..

I took out an unopened box that could be either Minmay diorama or the cockpit (based on the position -- as mentioned in the other thread) and shook it. It "felt" heavier than its neighbour (the other Minmay diorama), and made just one sound -- the Minmay diorama has several thin pieces that produce very characteristic sounds.

I opened it.. and found the Minmay diorama.  For some reason, the other pieces were stuck to the box in such a way that they didn't move when I shook it.

There's no 100% in life. 

True, there is no 100%, but by being careful you can get close to 99.9%. Another way to tell the difference between the Minmay diorama and Secret is the speed of content shifting. The diorama is very tightly packed, especially if the parts are stuck. So it will take more effort to shift the contents in any direction. But since the secret has no other parts to rub up against the sides, it slides freely. Shake the box, and feel how the diorama box has more inertia resisting the shake.

But its not all that bad, getting the alternate minmay diorama is good. Lots of people prefer that color over the normal "frosted" look. Plus lots of people that got the secret need that variant to complete their sets and might pay a nice sum to take it off your hands.

Bariaburu Faita