Shin's F-14 isn't what I thought it was.

David Hingtgen

And a close up of the tail fuel dump, is this what you were looking for?

Thanks for the site, it was great. I think I will buy a bottle of radome and the grey - since I'm using the MM clear coats anyways, I already have the thinner and solvent - great another type of paint! <_<

post-3-1083265207_thumb.jpg

Edited by wm cheng

Yup, that's the parts I wanted to see. Same as in the F-14D kit. Hmmn, I'm thinking only the VF-1 kit comes with the version I want, I was hoping it'd be in all "F-14A" boxings. I was hoping I could buy just the Sundowners kit, and get both the decals and boattail I need--guess I need to buy a Wolfpack kit as well, just for the boattail.

16440 vs 36440. Well, it's nothing more than gloss vs flat. I've always felt 36440 painted very well, though 16440 is pretty good as gloss paints go even brush-painted 16440 enamel looked pretty good. (Though I haven't tried *acrylic* 16440 yet). Generally, F-14's in that scheme were 36440, whereas a white-belly one uses 16440. But that is the "renaissance" of high-vis, and a CAG (well, actually XO I think, being 201) so it may be 16440.

PS--while you're buying paint, might want to get a bottle of 31136 if you don't have it. That's "flap/slat/brake/door-edging" red.