Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I'm actually having a fun time with my lil 1/144 gelgoog which is surprising. I diffenetly recommend this kit its got some good detail to it.

I wish I could take some pictures of it but if I ever came across a MG of it someday I'd recreate this paint job.

I'm using a Light light super light grey, a dark green and yellow.

It'll come out as a really nice looking model kit and wouldn't mind callin it my own personal paint scheme for future ZEON models.

The Gelgoog Marine? I have that one and it is a very good kit. Nice posability too.

Sure looks like one now, maybe it wasn't a good choice of colors, but it did finish off pretty neatly.

For a 1/144 its detail is great and its fairly large. But its possability sucks cause its feet are so huge and its haulking leg armor gets in the way of doing something fun with it. But its a nice turn out.

Now my 1/550 kit......that's going to be a challenge : /

From Guntoa :

Gunpla goes eco-friendly

Nikkei news reports Bandai has started implementing cost-cutting and eco-friendly moves for its Gunpla line. Bandai is cutting the amount of plastics used to manufacture by making the runner thinner, eliminating some of the plastic bags, improving the mold. Bandai hopes to implement this to the their other merchandises as well.

Bandai used to not bag at least 1 frame of parts for their kits before the late 1980s. I think all the complaints about stolen parts and surface damage suffered during shipping made them bag all the frames since the late 80s.

If they really wanna be treehuggers, they should close their hobby division altogether or switch to diecast only. :D

the meteor unit is nicer than the MG Sazabi, it is much bigger and will look a lot better on a shelf,

Amazon.com got some of the cheap MG restock.. Kampfer, gound gundam, GP02..

However, the Kampfer is $20 now.

Thanks for the head's-up.

Just ordered me a MG Zaku IIF/J.

They got several MG kits in it seems.

Kampfer

GP01

GP01FB

GP02

RX-78-2

Zaku II F/J

Zaku IIS Char

RX-79 GM

RX-79G Gundam

EZ-8

Those are the ones I saw at least.

The Perfect Grade 1/60 Scale Sky Grasper & Aile Pack set has been out in Hong Kong for a few days now.

Beautiful box art. It looks like it's done by Tenjin but I can't be sure.

Even though I don't own the PG Strike, I'm tempted to pick up one of these as it looks so nice.

Graham

Guest Bromgrev
the meteor unit is nicer than the MG Sazabi, it is much bigger and will look a lot better on a shelf,

:o Sacrilege! Sazabi all the way!

Although that meteor unit is nice ... go for both is my advice! :D

I really need to talk to my bank, this is getting to be a hassle to order up stuff and my card just keeps getting denied because of my address change...I mean its being a really big hassle.

Lastnight I had the perfect chance to get the Aile Grasper but I tried 5 times and because of this address change and that fruad prevention program alot of online stores have, I can't order the damn thing.

I'd send a check...but it just means I have to wait longer and in some cases I'm really not that patient.

I'm waiting for my PG Skygrasper and Aile Striker kit too.. I preordered pretty late so I probably need to wait for their next restocking :(

All I can do now is check out pic after pic. For the box and the parts,, it's pretty damd big. The size of the box for this PG kit is the size of a Master grade MSA-0011 s-Gundam. When completed just the aile pack alone si bigger than a master grade gundam..

You can check out a whole bunch of detail pics here.. they have the box, runner, parts, builds of both items.. and even comparsons to all the other aile packs.

http://211.233.38.221/dalong/pg/pc5/pc5_p1.htm

I went to the bank, its my CVN that's causing my card to be rejected. Sooooo either I can order up the damn thing thru check or money order.....or I can hope and pray that it'll still be in stock next week.

i hate the way bandai teases us with lineart of the other striker packs...bandai could easily sell another skygrasper but with the other two packs..it would be cool if bandai made a pg scale gunbarrel or that one other pack in the seed msv collection...

i hate the way bandai teases us with lineart of the other striker packs...bandai could easily sell another skygrasper but with the other two packs..it would be cool if bandai made a pg scale gunbarrel or that one other pack in the seed msv collection...

Yeah I'm also pissed off by that. I realy want the rest of the strike packs. I seriously want the buster and astray armor packs the most of all the other gundams.

Yeah I'm also pissed off by that. I realy want the rest of the strike packs. I seriously want the buster and astray armor packs the most of all the other gundams.

well there's always b-club, g-system or any other garage kit company out there that'll do it... but honestly, i'd rather have something official from bandai simply because i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars if i can't remove the armor from the frame or limit the articulation ... i know i'd hardly do it but it's nice to see all the details and interworkings of the kit...i mean why else have a PG kit? it's sorta like having a true physical representation of what the gundam would look like in real life....i also like to pose kits from time to time, which is why i like gundam models...they're articulated statues :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

• 3 weeks later...

Not too surprisingly, Gunota has shown that the next PG is the Strike Rouge, but this time it comes with the Aile Pack and Sky Grasper.

Models

PG Strike Rouge (comes with Aile Strike, Sky Grasper, and Cagalli figure) - Aug, 19950 yen

HCM Pro Asshimar (no release date)

heard about the pg strike rouge a few weeks back, nothing special. come on bandai where are all the new MG kits? does anyone know what is coming out next?

chris

heard about the pg strike rouge a few weeks back, nothing special. come on bandai where are all the new MG kits?
roger that? <_<
does anyone know what is coming out next?

310087[/snapback]

Now it's time to bring back The O rumors with all of this Zeta-action. :rolleyes:

My brother built a MG AEUG Mk. II this weekend.

We were both kind of disappointed with the result. It looks really nice, but the joints are too loose. It'a an older kit I guess so there are no screws. The shield also only had the one attachment point limiting that arm's movement.

Not bad but not quite what i thought. The HGUC was better IMO. The HCM Pro rocks.

The MG Super Mk. II has to have some serious balance issues.

Amazon restock the PG @ $20 at the end of June, and I was able to get me a couple of them. I think they were sold out in no longer than half a day.

I put the kit on my wish list in May and checked back everyday, I'm guessing maybe they will become available around end of month? wouldn't hurt to keep looking I think.

Amazon.com got some of the cheap MG restock..  Kampfer, gound gundam, GP02..

However, the Kampfer is $20 now.

Thanks for the head's-up.

Just ordered me a MG Zaku IIF/J.

They got several MG kits in it seems.

Kampfer

GP01

GP01FB

GP02

RX-78-2

Zaku II F/J

Zaku IIS Char

RX-79 GM

RX-79G Gundam

EZ-8

Those are the ones I saw at least.

308885[/snapback]

well there's always b-club, g-system or any other garage kit company out there that'll do it... but honestly, i'd rather have something official from bandai simply because i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars if i can't remove the armor from the frame or limit the articulation ...

If it comes from B-Club, it is official from Bandai. I can't speak for the other garage kit manufacturers, though.

I managed to get my hands on a Kampfer, and OYW Gundam, Gouf and Dom and a GM.

GM's not bad, I did a nice paint job on that, the Kampfer was a bit difficult but I pulled thru.

The OYW Gouf was dissapointing, it wabbles at the slightest shake and the hands were a big dissapointment.

The OYW Gundam is actually the best thus far, I really enjoyed that kit alot.

Uhhh, I'm still working on the Dom, I just finished its 2 legs and the waist. I like going from the ground up on building my kits cause it just feels cool doing that.

But the GM, Kampfer and Dom are custom paint jobs, the Gouf was left alone and I just painted the Gundam more correct looking anime colors than that soft blue and baby pink crap.

I hope they do a GQ of the Destiny.

If not I'll wait for either the MG or the Cosmic Region.

Also, I finished my new Zaku IIF Master Grade.

post-514-1121647115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis