1/48 Custom Minmay Guard Hybrid

Anasazi37

This custom was commissioned by xstoys. He asked for something pretty unique. He wanted:

- A Version 1 Minmay Guard valk with Version 2 armor coloring

- Version 1 detailing on the armor and weapons (like the MG Strike I did for min)

- Both Strike and Super capability

I had a lot of fun making this one. I also didn't sleep much and drank way too much coffee in the process. The biggest challenge was aligning the tire tread pattern on the chestplate with that on the various FAST Pack parts. It turned out better than I thought it would.

I'm posting A LOT of big pictures, so many apologies in advance to those of you on slow modem connections. :(

Fighter

fighter_1.jpg

fighter_2.jpg

fighter_3.jpg

Awesome, except that all of the armor is painted except the booster packs, which makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

Any valk pilot that had customized his stuff to that level would not stop at the booster packs I think.

Nonetheless, you've done an awesome job of rendering someone's dream into reality. Sweet.

Awesome, except that all of the armor is painted except the booster packs, which makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

Any valk pilot that had customized his stuff to that level would not stop at the booster packs I think.

Nonetheless, you've done an awesome job of rendering someone's dream into reality. Sweet.

Well, actually, the front parts of the boosters do match the white of the leg armor, but I do agree that they stand out. I didn't like the MG 2 when Hasegawa first released it, but between working on this custom and creating 1/48 decals for the MG 2 (one of Kurt's next customs for the Bling Bling King), it has grown on me quite a bit....

Another amazing work of art.

Very nice Devin. I have just finished stripping the paint off a 1S in anticipation of your decals being delivered. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Do you mean these decals? I just put the finishing touches on them today. I'll be printing out a set in a few minutes. B))

mg2_sample1.jpg

mg2_sample2.jpg

mg2_sample3.jpg

Wow! That is fantastic work. Any chance of getting fast pack decals for 1/55? My MG is starting to look bare compared to all these 1/48's B))

Hmmm....well, it wouldn't be too difficult to design armor decals for the 1/55 MG, but I don't know how much interest there would be (besides yours, of course). I've only sold a handful of the 1/55 MG sets so far and that is a little disheartening considering how much work went into creating them. I'm not sure I can justify taking time away from my current lineup of custom valk orders and the Koenig Monster commission to work on a set like that right now. Maybe later this year if things slow down a bit....

OOOOOOOOOHhhh, looks like your moon act is almost done, can't wait!

They are officially done now. I printed out a set and they look really good. Gene commissioned the decals for a custom Kurt is making for him. I don't know about their general availability yet, but will keep everyone posted as I know more.

Just a quick heads up to everyone: I'll most likely be taking orders for decal and sticker sets next week, so start thinking about what you want to purchase. The order window, as usual, will be one week.