Yep - It would be painful to plunk down $1,500 on a vintage SHE Dangaioh only to have someone make one MUCH better, much cheaper. I am holding out hope.

It just doesn't come off as a masterpiece like the price is commanding - otherwise I might still try to get it.

I created an animated gif of Gil Berg's mech firing, I will paste it in here and see if it works...

post-8486-0-53273100-1377032887_thumb.gif

Hmmm - does not appear to be working...

Edited by DarrinG

• 3 weeks later...

Wow damn 500+ dollars for a small resin premade model and the auction is not finished yet. I confess I've never owned these boutique toys so I don't completely understand why they command such a high prices. I reckon it's because its perfect transformation, handmade, and its the ONLY transforming Dangaio available. You'd have to be a huge fan to plunk down that kind of scratch for it. I agree though... be patient. I'm sure someone else will get around to making a chogokin of it someday. Just like I'm hoping someone will make a quality transforming gaogaigar/gaofaigar/genesic gaogaigar chogokin. The cm's ones are only passable.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! The Dangaioh figures are really pricey now. Shocking. Maybe another release will reduce the price point? Also agree the black version is not from the OVAs. Probably just trying to mimic the popular Transformers Dark Convey colors. ^_^

@ DarrinG: About time the Dangaioh OP close up cel sold! Pricey yes but there really aren't many close ups of the mecha circulating anymore. I interviewed a retired cel dealer from Japan and in the past, AIC destroyed their cels. So finding ANY cels from Dangaioh (mecha and character) is pretty amazing all things considered. :)

Lastly, also completely agree with you about the Dangaioh CDs! Both of them are sheer awesomeness! Still have them. Now if some company would release a DVD R1 or BR complete set it would be great!

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

There were a bunch of Dangaio cels in a gallery linked from the old cels.org. I saved a bunch a long time ago. I'll check tonight to see if I can find the gallery. I believe it was a store as well owned by a guy in Europe.

Here are those cel links. The cels.org site has been updated too. I stopped checking it years ago.

http://www.animanga.com/cels/gallery/yann/dangaioh.html
http://www.animanga.com/cels/gallery/yann/index.html+0+drawing

Seeing the gallery reminded me that I never watched Iczer-1. I need to check that out. I have the manga somewhere and I just looked up the opening on youtube. It feels like it's in the same universe as Dangaio since it's by the same guy.

That would look nice.

I still want a true sequel to Dangaio with the same art style. I read a bit about the new one but didn't watch it. I can't believe they ended it at the third OVA. There were more stories it seemed like from the small artbook. I have that one and a larger book somewhere around here.

I always wondered about the 3rd OAV ending. Did they end it like that on purpose trying to be edgy or were they thinking they would continue on but got cancelled?

I read about what happened with that ending somewhere but can't find it now.