OT: Video Codecs

Aegis!

OK I´ve recently downloaded Ragnarok the animation and Tenjho Tenge (raws) and as I started watching them I got this pixelated green screen in my media player , I´ve got Nimo Codec pack´s latest version but I still get this green ¨filter¨ on top of the video.

Is this a problem of the file themselves or do I new another codecs ? they´re AVI files BTW.

Some time ago someone posted a link to a site where you could diagnose step by step what specific codec you needed based on the problems you had ; alas , I could find that site anywhere but I remeber it was quite helpful.

Someone please help me on this , any tip is much appreciated.

Cheers.

I'd get defiler pack, and play everything with Zoom player. The G spot program is good too for figuring out what kind of codec you need. Defiler pack and Zoom player really saved me a lot of time recently with all the new codecs out there.

Wow, thanks for the links, I was about to hunt for an .ogg codec today.

Follow this link for a codec pack that will take care of everything: http://anime-xtreme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=652

After I installed that pack, I had no problems with any formats. The forums on anime-xtreme are also pretty good for sorting out specific problems.

Also, I recommend downloading Media Player Classic. It's handles everything including real player files. It might be included in the above pack but I don't remember. If not, you should be able to search for it through google.

I'd get defiler pack, and play everything with Zoom player. The G spot program is good too for figuring out what kind of codec you need. Defiler pack and Zoom player really saved me a lot of time recently with all the new codecs out there.

Downloaded the defiler pack and the zoom player. Damn. Quick, stable, and minimalistic. Awesome. Now to add real and quicktime alternatives, so I only need the one program for videos. I still like winamp for MP3's though.