release of non fast pack M&M's in 1/48?

calvin

just thought I would get some input on this? I thought

that if it is going to happen we would be seeing something about it soon?

I also am curious about how many people have

held off and are waiting to see if the M&M will follow the first

1/48 VF-J(non-fastpack)before buying if they are interested at all?

either way i would be interested in getting them without fastpacks, who needs them when u have tha fastpack bundles already? at least IMO

Aren't the M&M Fastpacks atleast a slightly different color than the ones released individual packs?

they are different, with the back part of the boosters being the red for millia and blue for blue, why do you ask?

They are very different. The Max (which I just got this weekend... yay!) has blue leg armor and booster armor that matches his paint.

Plus, it is also TV armor, which means it's a different color and the arm armor is different as well (Just like the TV Hikaru).

Trust me, the toy is well worth the extra money for the armor - I doubt Yamato will be releasing it without it. I'd highly reccommend buying it, it's awesome.

:):) If I get this version, it's because of the TV version.

But at the sametime, I don't want to purchase this version because I would rather use that money to purchase a nonFP Max and the separate FP which give me both the Super and Strike. Price wise, they don't differ that much.

Super VF-1J = $180

NonFP VF-1 $135 + Super & Strike FP $60 = $195 plus/minus

:)  :) If I get this version, it's because of the TV version. 

But at the sametime, I don't want to purchase this version because I would rather use that money to purchase a nonFP Max and the separate FP which give me both the Super and Strike.  Price wise, they don't differ that much. 

Super VF-1J = $180

NonFP VF-1 $135 + Super & Strike FP $60 = $195 plus/minus

Well... the shipping of the two large boxes as opposed to one is more expensive, too.

But overall, you're correct. However, having both the Max Super 1J and the DYRL Super/Strike armor... it wouldn't look all that great with that armor.

The TV style really does best suit the 1J and the Strike cannon was never a part of the TV series, so that would look out of place on a TV valk, IMHO.

Edited by Blaine23

If the 1/60 line was any indication, then they won't release the valk and armor separate. I really can't imagine getting it without the fast packs, but then again, I did that with the 1/55 reissue. Although, had Bandai offered the fast packs, I'm sure I would have bought them.

Edited by crazypakan

why would they? its not worth the trouble and they'd be jacking themselves if they did. they released the M&M's w/FPs for reason....so they wouldn't have to make seperate armors for the 2 of them later on down the road.

say they did release non-FP M&M's....a year later people would be bitchin about how yamato isn't putting out the matching colored M&M armors right? :rolleyes:

they only did it with the VF-1J hikaru because its the most recognizable valk of all the valks....even more than the 1S roy. they knew for a fact that fans of macross AND robotech would both buy it. and if they only offered the VF-1J by itself, we'd have people bitchin about why yamato didn't release the FPs in the TV colors. :rolleyes: sooo, they decided to release both version to give the fans a choice for the most popular/recognizable valk and they were samrt in doing so.

so no it ain't happening. B))

It would be cool if they released the TV Super Armor serperately at some point... but only if they would be cool enough to put out a 1/48 VF-1D. Otherwise, just like my 1/60's, the VF-1D will swipe Hikaru's armor and leave him nekkid and begging for some GBP. ;)

why would they? its not worth the trouble and they'd be jacking themselves if they did. they released the M&M's w/FPs for reason....so they wouldn't have to make seperate armors for the 2 of them later on down the road.

say they did release non-FP M&M's....a year later people would be bitchin about how yamato isn't putting out the matching colored M&M armors right? :rolleyes:

they only did it with the VF-1J hikaru because its the most recognizable valk of all the valks....even more than the 1S roy. they knew for a fact that fans of macross AND robotech would both buy it. and if they only offered the VF-1J by itself, we'd have people bitchin about why yamato didn't release the FPs in the TV colors. :rolleyes: sooo, they decided to release both version to give the fans a choice for the most popular/recognizable valk and they were samrt in doing so.

so no it ain't happening. B))

Yeah but Hikaru never had the FPS for his VF-1J in the TV Macross. Only when his VF-1S (Roy's plane) had the FP.

the Strike cannon was never a part of the TV series, so that would look out of place on a TV valk,

:):) Yup, that's another reason me wanting the TV version.

So the Stirke armor never appear in any of the TV series? I know there is none in the Macross Saga, but I'm not too sure for the one after that.

why would they?  its not worth the trouble and they'd be jacking themselves if they did.  they released the M&M's w/FPs for reason....so they wouldn't have to make seperate armors for the 2 of them later on down the road.

say they did release non-FP M&M's....a year later people would be bitchin about how yamato isn't putting out the matching colored M&M armors right?  :rolleyes: 

they only did it with the VF-1J hikaru because its the most recognizable valk of all the valks....even more than the 1S roy.  they knew for a fact that fans of macross AND robotech would both buy it.  and if they only offered the VF-1J by itself, we'd have people bitchin about why yamato didn't release the FPs in the TV colors.  :rolleyes:  sooo, they decided to release both version to give the fans a choice for the most popular/recognizable valk and they were samrt in doing so.

so no it ain't happening.  B))

Yeah but Hikaru never had the FPS for his VF-1J in the TV Macross. Only when his VF-1S (Roy's plane) had the FP.

i'll have to double check but if my memory serves me correctly, they show the 1J w/FP twice every episode. once in the intro, once in the ending. :unsure:

either way, thats why its the most recognizable valk. you didn't even need to watch the whole show to see the 1J hikaru/hunter valkyrie/veritech.

Ummm, a Hikaru super in the opening and closing sequence??? Where?

Reminator,

The Hikaru Strike appeared for a brief instant in the opening flashbacks of "The fleet of the strongest women" M7 episode (standing next to Breetai, Max's 1S was there also)... but now that I think about it, I'm not certain if the armor is on or not.

*edit* I just went and watched the opening of the episode "The Fleet of the Strongest Women", and the armor is not present on either valk. HOWEVER... it is a well-rendered screenshot and Max's 1S heatshield is clearly blue :D!!!!

Edited by Skull Leader

the Strike cannon was never a part of the TV series, so that would look out of place on a TV valk,

:):) Yup, that's another reason me wanting the TV version.

So the Stirke armor never appear in any of the TV series? I know there is none in the Macross Saga, but I'm not too sure for the one after that.

I think you might be referring to Robotech... because you said "Macross Saga", which is how it's known in RT.

The other "parts" of RT are actually 2 completely different animes (Southern Cross and Mospeada) that have been re-written, so there's no chance of a valk of any kind showing up in those.

Take a look here Differences between Macross and Robotech for more info.

they are different, with the back part of the boosters being the red for millia and blue for blue, why do you ask?

They are very different. The Max (which I just got this weekend... yay!) has blue leg armor and booster armor that matches his paint.

Plus, it is also TV armor, which means it's a different color and the arm armor is different as well (Just like the TV Hikaru).

Trust me, the toy is well worth the extra money for the armor - I doubt Yamato will be releasing it without it. I'd highly reccommend buying it, it's awesome.

oh i didn't know that! cos im only getting it this weekend

Well...

I just had a thought.

If there is anyone out there who wants the Max or Millia VF *without* the FP, perhaps we could come to an arrangement.

You get the Valk, I'll take the FP. I have no interest in the box at all so whatever you'd want to do with that would be fine. Whoever got the Valk could keep the sticker sheet as well as I would just buy one from Takatoku anyway.

My interest in this hinges primarily on being able to get the FP cheaper this way than I could buy the DYRL style FP for individually.

If anyone is interested in doing this, please consider what you think would be a fair cost split and PM me.

Thanks.

EDIT: Added note about stickers.

Edited by RTShark