Suggestion : Busts of Macross Characters

vanpang

Fellow valk pilots,

I have been buying the Lord of the Rings busts from weta sideshow. I think it would be a great idea if Yamato or Bandai could follow their example and produce limited edition polystone busts of Hikaru, Roy, Breetai or even statues of the mecha (in combat pose of course). I seen the the busts of Rick and Roy from HG, they would have look great if not for the name of RT appearing on the statues themselves ;) !!!

I've been appreciating more and more of those statues and busts recently. they are very nicely detailed and painted and when you see like 50 of them all lined up, you just have to say wow.

but I probably wouldn't like Macross busts/statues unless they too were super finely detailed. if it's a simple look like the ones toynami made, I probably wouldn't even bother.

its definitely a fanboy product. ;):D:lol:

i don't think too many people would buy them, but heck, people are paying out the butt for friggin bookends. :blink:

but at least those are full model diorama's

they are not "static" unlike busts, plus they display the entire firgure(s) not 1/3rd of them

its definitely a fanboy product. ;):D:lol:

i don't think too many people would buy them, but heck, people are paying out the butt for friggin bookends. :blink:

Yeah, the fanboys would see a bust of Misa, Millia, or Minmay as the perfect head sculpt to base their blow up dolls on. :lol:

Funny, I just realized that the three main female characters in Macross all had names that started with MI..

its definitely a fanboy product.  ;)  :D  :lol:

i don't think too many people would buy them, but heck, people are paying out the butt for friggin bookends.  :blink:

but at least those are full model diorama's

they are not "static" unlike busts, plus they display the entire firgure(s) not 1/3rd of them

lemme guess you're one of those fanboys who bought them huh? :D j/k

Yeah, the fanboys would see a bust of Misa, Millia, or Minmay as the perfect head sculpt to base their blow up dolls on.  :lol: 

or they could just drill out the mouth of the bust and go to town! :D

I don't understand the trend towards busts. Statues, okay. Statues at least are the full body and some of them are really cool.

Why do I want just the head of some character?! I really don't understand the TF busts either. They have the least about of detail possible.

I don't understand the trend towards busts. Statues, okay. Statues at least are the full body and some of them are really cool.

Why do I want just the head of some character?! I really don't understand the TF busts either. They have the least about of detail possible.

It's so you can tilt Optimus Prime's head back, push a red button, and go into the Batcave!