Man r those 1/48's ever out of proportion

samuraid

And, my own personal favorite that I will never stop enjoying:

* Those of you who want more 1/48-scale valks are unscrupulous because others can't afford them.

lol! I had forgotten about that 'argument." :lol:

1/48 detractor: "How do you sleep at night?"

1/48 owner: "On a gigantic pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful Valkyries."

Heehee.

Don't forget "Valkyries are boring, gimme destroids".

And "GIMME 1/48 Q-RAU! 1/60 IS LAME!"

yay! this again!

let's sum it all up:

Why are some people get so flustered when a topic that has been discussed before? Is it such a crime? Not everyone checks the forums every hour. Do I have to do an extensive search on past literature before I post? People are just talking casually - not doing their thesis.

There seem to be a group of people who get a kick out of pointing out when a topic has already been discussed (often providing a link). Like library archivists. I don't mind that, but they are often very disrespectful, saying things like "Not this again..."

I bet even a post just like mine has been posted before.

If each topic was posted only once forever, there would be very little room to discuss anything. Same for real life.

Also, even if a topic has been posted before, different people will reply the second time. Providing a different perspective on things.

Apologies for the ranting.

I thought the 1/48 was the most IN proportion toy.

my post was obviously in jest.

The post was designed to provoke a response, and so I made a funny. no big deal. But I apologize to samuraid if there was any offense.

and I just want to add:

*This has been posted before, can't you use the search function? it's there for a

reason people.

*This? This is nothing, you should have seen the flame war on the old board when

the 1/60's came out! chunky monkey versus needle dick, now THERE was a

flame war!

:p

Why are some people get so flustered when a topic that has been discussed before? Is it such a crime? Not everyone checks the forums every hour. Do I have to do an extensive search on past literature before I post? People are just talking casually - not doing their thesis.

It's not that the topic has been brought up before.

It's not that your initial post is ill-informed.

It's not that you wandered in and started bashing most everyone's favorite toy.

It's not that you fail to acknowledge that the 1/48 is as accurate as any valkyrie toy has been.

No, it's all those things combined that riles so many of the old-timers.

It has been discussed many times that that nose of the 1/48 Yamato is too long (edit: in battroid mode). But, that's because the line art is fanciful. The nose of the valk magically shrinks when it is transformed to battroid in the animation/line art.

H

Edited by Hurin

It has been discussed many times that that nose of the 1/48 Yamato is too long. But, that's because the line art is fanciful. The nose of the valk magically shrinks when it is transformed to battroid in the animation/line art.

To elaborate compare and contrast with the 1/55 Takatoku/Bandai...

Nose looks about right in Battroid but is way too short in Fighter or Gerwalk...

There's no one perfect length for a transforming fig.

Personally I (and many others) think that the 1/48 is the best representation so far.

* Yamato is evil for not offering seperate heads.  Now I actually have to buy more of their products!  The bastards!

Uh..Big West scrapped the head idea, not Yamato. :D

I've always been doubtful of this. . . but even granted that Big West said no. . . that doesn't necessarily mean that Yamato would have said yes. For all the reasons already espoused.

H

* Yamato is evil for not offering seperate heads.  Now I actually have to buy more of their products!  The bastards!

I've always been doubtful of this. . . but even granted that Big West said no. . . that doesn't necessarily mean that Yamato would have said yes. For all the reasons already espoused.

H

So you're saying that Yamato lied to Graham? The topic about the head was discussed heavily and that's how it turned out. It wasn't a rumor or speculation. I mean the whole Macrossworld was watching. And PLEASE Hurin, don't get into a quoting frenzy with me on this. There's no old board to search and even then I wouldn't go thru the trouble. ;)

H

Yes, that is a given, but again, I only listen to reliable info, in this case G's information about the spare heads from his Yamato meeting some time ago. :p

So you're saying that Yamato lied to Graham?

What I doubt is that Yamato was ever pushing hard to supply swapp-able heads. I doubt they would have done so even if BW had said yes.

And, yes, I'm saying it's entirely possible that Yamato "passed the buck" to BW. Instead of angering the community, they can just say: "Well, we wouldn't have been allowed to do so, even if we wanted to. . . sorry."

Not exactly a lie. More like spin.

H

Edited by Hurin

Hey I like all the types of valks for different reasons. I'm just glad there are so many to choose from. I like the bandai cause there the easiest to play with. the 1/48 for the detail and size. the 1/60 cause you can get all the valks and the cost is low, and they still look great. The MPC look good on the shelf. I waited till they went down in price and bought them all. I think they look great in fighter mode. I really have no complaints. I just wish I could go to my local toy store here in the U.S. and buy these toys. The waiting for the mail sucks.

MATT>>> :)

What I doubt is that Yamato was ever pushing hard to supply swapp-able heads. I doubt they would have done so even if BW had said yes.

And, yes, I'm saying it's entirely possible that Yamato "passed the buck" to BW. Instead of angering the community, they can just say: "Well, we wouldn't have been allowed to do so, even if we wanted to. . . sorry."

H

There had been no evidence that Yamato "passed the buck" to anyone. Everything else have all been hearsay. The non-greenlighting of the swappable heads is obviously decided so that BW and their licensees can profit more - something which I doubt Yamato would ever be against. Why would they wanna fight the money? It's just something that is ethically wrong to the average consumer, but on the flipside, it's okay because "Marketing for profit" says so.

Would love to own a 1/48 scale valk, but the nose cone and chest are way too out of proportion.

At least he 1/60's seem to be a little better...

Did this become Bizarro Macross World when I wasn't lookin'?

Would love to own a 1/48 scale valk, but the nose cone and chest are way too out of proportion.

At least he 1/60's seem to be a little better...

Did this become Bizarro Macross World when I wasn't lookin'?

I just wonder where can show us which one get the most accurate proportion...

ha ha~

I just can say: take you're own choice, if someone feel 1/60 is the best,

take it. if someone feel 1/55 is the best, take it,

if someone feel 1/48 is the worst, GIVE ME :p

Edited by 柿崎速雄

H

There had been no evidence that Yamato "passed the buck" to anyone. Everything else have all been hearsay. The non-greenlighting of the swappable heads is obviously decided so that BW and their licensees can profit more - something which I doubt Yamato would ever be against. Why would they wanna fight the money? It's just something that is ethically wrong to the average consumer, but on the flipside, it's okay because "Marketing for profit" says so.

I hear you, BoB... there's absolutely nothing to support the "Yamato Head Conspiracy" other than speculation fueled by Hurin's general suspicions toward Yamato's marketing.

Believe me, no one on this board was more vocal about getting swappable heads from Yamato than me. I had a member title that said "Give us more head, Yamato!" for about a year and I consistently brought it up until Graham told us the news.

That's enough for me to believe, no matter how much I disliked the decision. It's speculation like this that gets turned into rumor and it is probably offensive to Graham, because it insinuates that he's not being straight with us, when he really goes out of his way to tell us all he can.

Edited by Blaine23

H

HEY! What'd I tell you about quoting me??? What'd I tell you about quoting me???

My mudda quoted me once... ONCE!

:p:lol:

1. The canopy is about 2-3mm too wide--makes the nose look like it's out of proportion with the rest of the body. Reminds me of those god-awful non-TF Matchbox Valkyries from the 80's.

2. The legs are a little small--maybe if they were just 3% - 4% larger

3. The price tag is too big--I'd get more, but my wallet just can't take that kind of strain... :(

They are STILL overall the best VF toys I've seen to date, though....

HEY!  What'd I tell you about quoting me??? What'd I tell you about quoting me???

:p  :lol:

you fargin' icehole. :p

Man, would you two get a room already? Or possibly some kind of Island? An Island where you could make all of your Fantasies come true. :p

God I'm funny...

I hear you, BoB... there's absolutely nothing to support the "Yamato Head Conspiracy" other than speculation fueled by Hurin's general suspicions toward Yamato's marketing.

Believe me, no one on this board was more vocal about getting swappable heads from Yamato than me. I had a member title that said "Give us more head, Yamato!" for about a year and I consistently brought it up until Graham told us the news.

That's enough for me to believe, no matter how much I disliked the decision. It's speculation like this that gets turned into rumor and it is probably offensive to Graham, because it insinuates that he's not being straight with us, when he really goes out of his way to tell us all he can.

Ya, I remember your sig. I too was disappointed because I supported the swappable heads idea as well. But looking back even from the 80s, BW and their Macross licensees have never done this, except for the recent Banprestos valks. The Banprestos valks were probably too crappy so they were forced to throw in the extra heads to sweeten the product. :lol:

The worse BW and Yamato could do now is re-release all the 1/60s and 1/48s later, all of them, with the swappable heads included - after we've all bought up the rigid remainder of the current ones. Now that's evil! If that happens, we'll definately set their nests (and Graham's) on fiyaa! :D

HEY!  What'd I tell you about quoting me??? What'd I tell you about quoting me???

:p  :lol:

you fargin' icehole. :p

Man, would you two get a room already? Or possibly some kind of Island? An Island where you could make all of your Fantasies come true. :p

God I'm funny...

The last time we did that, we were kicked out Thailand. All the women complained of tenderness, and here I thought I was a bit rough. But I think it was because they don't like three-legged midgets over there. It's discrimination I tell you!!! :angry:

Wow guys. You all need to calm down. Has it occured to anyone that we're all in agreement here? We seem to all agree that yamato wasn't interested in offering seperate heads.

a'la:

the swappable heads is obviously decided so that BW and their licensees can profit more - something which I doubt Yamato would ever be against. Why would they wanna fight the money?

All I said was that Yamato probably likes to say that BW won't let them. . . rather than saying that they wouldn't do it even if they were allowed.

I don't think that's a deep, dark, conspiracy theory. Seems like people are looking for drama in a rather innocuous statment.

Further, if anyone would bother to read the other thread, I support Yamato's decision to not offer swappable heads. I hope Yamato does everything it can to maximize its profits.

Ya'll need to settle down.

It's speculation like this that gets turned into rumor and it is probably offensive to Graham, because it insinuates that he's not being straight with us, when he really goes out of his way to tell us all he can.

How the hell does what I said "insinuate" anything about Graham!?!

How Graham could be offended by any of this. . . I have no idea. Oh, and why don't you let Graham decide when he's offended and when he his not. He's a big boy.

One more time: Since Yamato was told by BW that they can't provide swappable heads. . . of course that will be the line they give when they are asked why they won't do it. I don't see the drama here folks. Nor do I see why people are looking so hard for it.

H

Edited by Hurin

I think it is not a given that people will buy less just because there are multiple heads. They still want all the VFs at the same time, don't they?

Besides, the main VFs (VF-1A, VF-1J and VF-1S) have different colors, that's not easy to change.

I think it is not a given that people will buy less just because there are multiple heads. They still want all the VFs at the same time, don't they?

Besides, the main VFs (VF-1A, VF-1J and VF-1S) have different colors, that's not easy to change.

banprestos have multi heads.

btw, i think the banprestos have one of the better compromises in proportions. maybe SECOND or tied with the 1/48. thats proportion, not detail or quality, mind you!

It's speculation like this that gets turned into rumor and it is probably offensive to Graham, because it insinuates that he's not being straight with us, when he really goes out of his way to tell us all he can.

How the hell does what I said "insinuate" anything about Graham!?!

How Graham could be offended by any of this. . . I have no idea. Oh, and why don't you let Graham decide when he's offended and when he his not. He's a big boy.

One more time: Since Yamato was told by BW that they can't provide swappable heads. . . of course that will be the line they give when they are asked why they won't do it. I don't see the drama here folks. Nor do I see why people are looking so hard for it.

H

No drama here... just trying to stick to the facts, Hurin.

How does that insinuate? Well, it insinuates that Graham isn't telling us the truth. Plain and simple. That's offensive to anyone, much less someone who works so hard to be able to tell us everything he can.

To be honest, the only really offensive thing is how you insert this opinion that Yamato is giving out a "line" instead of telling the truth. Why are they so untrustworthy to you? They put out toys, we buy them, we complain about features, they adjust them... seems pretty cut and dried to me - they like to make their customers happy, within reason.

As for letting Graham decide what he would find offensive - good point. This thread's gone from stupid to stupider with this sidetrack about an issue that's been decided since before the first 1/48 hit the streets, so why bother arguing?

Meanwhile I'll be chilling on my island with my little manservant, EXO. :p

To be honest, the only really offensive thing is how you insert this opinion that Yamato is giving out a "line" instead of telling the truth. Why are they so untrustworthy to you? They put out toys, we buy them, we complain about features, they adjust them... seems pretty cut and dried to me - they like to make their customers happy, within reason.

That's just what They want you to believe. :wacko:

How does that insinuate? Well, it insinuates that Graham isn't telling us the truth. Plain and simple. That's offensive to anyone, much less someone who works so hard to be able to tell us everything he can.

You need to read this thread again. I'll help you:

Exo: "So you're saying that Yamato lied to Graham?"

Hurin: "And, yes, I'm saying it's entirely possible that Yamato "passed the buck" to BW. Instead of angering the community, they can just say: "Well, we wouldn't have been allowed to do so, even if we wanted to. . . sorry."

Not exactly a lie. More like spin."

Care to show me where Graham ever lies there? Even Exo's initial question is about Yamato lying to Graham. Care to show me where I "insinuate" that Graham has lied? Obviously, he is merely reporting what he has been told. Your reasoning is way off here. . . far from "plain and simple." And truth be told, I can't comment further on how faulty your reasoning here is without getting unduly personal. If this is you just trying to "stick to the facts" I'd hate to see what sort of conclusions you come up with when you feel free to make things up.

Okay, first, if you are really "offended" on Yamato's part, my first tip for you would be to develop a thicker skin. Second, I never accused them of not "telling the truth."

A'la:

Finally, if you find it offensive that I have "inserted an opinion" that to me (and I'm sure many others) simply seems like common, freakin' sense. . . you're in the wrong place.

And, again, there is this tone that somehow I've got an axe to grind with Yamato about this. I don't. I have been up and down these boards defending them against senseless whining. I got into this thread coming to their defense about not offering swappable heads, as I had done before. But, even while doing so, I mentioned that I consider it highly unlikely that the only thing stopping them from doing so was BigWest.

Again, if you find any of that offensive, you need to grow up. Personally, I can't believe how much you've blown things out of proportion, distorted the facts, and tried to make charges that are plainly not true. All for what? Why exactly do you insist on seeing nefarious motives where none exist?

You can sum up what I said in two sentences: I don't think Yamato would have offered seperate heads regardless of what BW said. I also think it behooves them to cite BW's decision rather than "owning" it themselves.

What the hell is your problem with that opinion? Are you really so sensitive on Yamato's behalf that you are actually "offended" by this? Apparently, judging by your own words, you are. Yet, exactly what heinous crime am I accusing them of here that "offends" you so much? They are, strictly speaking, telling the truth. Failing to volunteer further information (such as they themselves not wanting to offer seperate heads regardless of BW) does not constitute a lie. In that situation, they're just doing the smart thing. They were given "cover" by BW and I think they used it. Sue me.

And, I won't even bother asking again how Graham repeating what he was told by Yamato regarding this somehow makes him a liar. You've already had strike three on that.

You said you were going to start sticking to the facts. Please do. But also try to analyze them reasonably.

Quite honestly, your whole tone here disturbs me.

H

Edited by Hurin

You need to read this thread again. I'll help you:

Exo: "So you're saying that Yamato lied to Graham?"

Hurin: "And, yes, I'm saying it's entirely possible that Yamato "passed the buck" to BW. Instead of angering the community, they can just say: "Well, we wouldn't have been allowed to do so, even if we wanted to. . . sorry."

Not exactly a lie. More like spin."

Care to show me where Graham ever lies there? Even Exo's initial question is about Yamato lying to Graham. Care to show me where I "insinuate" that Graham has lied? Obviously, he is merely reporting what he has been told. Your reasoning is way off here. . . far from "plain and simple." And truth be told, I can't comment further on how faulty your reasoning here is without getting unduly personal. If this is you just trying to "stick to the facts" I'd hate to see what sort of conclusions you come up with when you feel free to make things up.

Okay, first, if you are really "offended" on Yamato's part, my first tip for you would be to develop a thicker skin. Second, I never accused them of not "telling the truth."

A'la:

Finally, if you find it offensive that I have "inserted an opinion" that to me (and I'm sure many others) simply seems like common, freakin' sense. . . you're in the wrong place.

And, again, there is this tone that somehow I've got an axe to grind with Yamato about this. I don't. I have been up and down these boards defending them against senseless whining. I got into this thread coming to their defense about not offering swappable heads, as I had done before. But, even while doing so, I mentioned that I consider it highly unlikely that the only thing stopping them from doing so was BigWest.

Again, if you find any of that offensive, you need to grow up. Personally, I can't believe how much you've blown things out of proportion, distorted the facts, and tried to make charges that are plainly not true. All for what? Why exactly do you insist on seeing nefarious motives where none exist?

You can sum up what I said in two sentences: I don't think Yamato would have offered seperate heads regardless of what BW said. I also think it behooves them to cite BW's decision rather than "owning" it themselves.

What the hell is your problem with that opinion? Are you really so sensitive on Yamato's behalf that you are actually "offended" by this? Apparently, judging by your own words, you are. Yet, exactly what heinous crime am I accusing them of here that "offends" you so much? They are, strictly speaking, telling the truth. Failing to volunteer further information (such as they themselves not wanting to offer seperate heads regardless of BW) does not constitute a lie. In that situation, they're just doing the smart thing. They were given "cover" by BW and I think they used it. Sue me.

And, I won't even bother asking again how Graham repeating what he was told by Yamato regarding this somehow makes him a liar. You've already had strike three on that.

You said you were going to start sticking to the facts. Please do. But also try to analyze them reasonably.

Quite honestly, your whole tone here disturbs me.

H

Whatever, Hurin.

Type another 4000 word ramble about how you're right... it's entertaining to me.

Let's make this simple, okay, little angry one?

Give me some proof that Yamato, rather than Big West, pushed for no swappable heads. Actual proof, not your whacked out opinion that seems like common sense to you, but an actual quote from someone at Yamato, Big West, etc.

If you can't do that, then feel free to PM me and we can argue semantics about each word of our posts all day long if I'm not busy doing something more interesting, such as watching paint dry. ;)

Otherwise this is just going to turn into an even bigger waste of time than it already has been.

You are wrong and you have nothing to back it up. Very, very simple. Quit hiding behind word games and BS. :)

Type another 4000 word ramble about how you're right... it's entertaining to me.

Yeah, I actually take the time to make a cogent argument. A practice with which you are obviously unfamiliar.

You are wrong and you have nothing to back it up. Very, very simple. Quit hiding behind word games and BS.

Word games? You claim that I "insinuated" that Graham lied when I clearly did not. Despite this, you boldy asserted that it was "plain and simple" that I did so. Who is hiding behind word games? You know you can't back your charge up. . . so now you just stoop to asserting that I'm "wrong." Ooooh, good argument. Oh, but now that you've got no leg to stand on, you're above this argument.

Here's a tip, don't accuse people of things without any basis, then try to back it up with unsubstantiated nonsense that is clearly contradicted by our very own words, then back out of the argument while simultaneously acting "above it all."

As for Yamato. . .

Give me some proof that Yamato, rather than Big West, pushed for no swappable heads. Actual proof, not your whacked out opinion that seems like common sense to you, but an actual quote from someone at Yamato, Big West, etc.

I have written post after post discussing why it would not be in Yamato's best financial interests to provide swappable heads. That provides all the evidence I need to give for a freakin' opinion. If you don't agree, sorry, but I can't help you. Now, follow along here, if you can:

1. Yamato would stand to make less money if they provided swappable heads.

2. Yamato therefore did not want to provide swappable heads.

3. BW would not allow them to offer swappable heads.

4. Yamato told Graham that they are not allowed to offer swappable heads.

5. Yamato did not tell Graham that they wouldn't have done so anyways.

If I believe #1 and #2 (and I do), Then #5 logically follows.

Blaine, seriously: Where is the big f'ing conspiracy here!?! What has you so riled up? Why would you say that I said that Graham lied. . . and that I must consider Yamato to be dishonest when I do not? Just why the hell have you taken such an innocuous comment and gone friggin' nuts over it. . . casting aspersions and basically blowing things way out of proportion to anything I ever said?!? What, even if my above opinion is factually and demonstrably correct, is so wrong with Yamato doing that!?! In my book: Nothing. You're the one making this such a big deal. Who really cares whether it was BW or Yamato? I personally think that if BW hadn't nixed the idea, Yamato would have decided against it anyways. SO F'ING WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have no idea why you're so riled. But I've provided all the evidence I should have to provide for me to state a friggin' opinion. Generally, people aren't asked to document evidence for their opinions on such trivial matters. If I were asserting that ExO beats baby seals or that Yamato uses the blood of elderly women to grease the machinery at their manufacturing facilities, I could see where some standard of evidence might be required. But, I've stated my opinion, backed it up with what I consider sound reasoning. . . and you just happen to disagree. But then you fly completely off the handle and start claiming that I'm calling people liars and dishonest. Really, it is you who are making unfounded accusations. Seriously, you are the only one levelling any charges here of any consequence without making any cogent sense while doing so. Where is your evidence?

So, bud, until you actually provide the quote where I accuse Graham of lying or even being dishonest. . . Hell, if you can even just explain how I "insinuated" it, rather than just (bafflingly) asserting that I did, I suggest that you take a deep breath, calm down, and stop throwing stones from your glass house. Or, if you can't do that, the least you could do is say: "You're right, you never accused Graham of lying."

Since you can't honestly do the former, I'd expect that latter sentence from you shortly. But, seeing how you now conveniently ignore the charge you recklessly made earlier, I won't hold my breath.

H

Edited by Hurin

uh..wow..

i gotta hand it to u H... u certainly don't let up. i can't imagine what a REAL argument over something IMPORTANT will cause you to do.. write a whole THESIS?

don't think it's the first time i've seen ur threads like this... and i guess that's what really kills my enjoyment at times on MW... nit-picking.. pinchy fights over... what was it again?

as for this thread. i tend to think when i look at the 1/48 in fighter mode that yeah, the cockpit seems a little wide.. TO ME.

i'm not forcing my opinion on no one, i'm not saying anyone is lying, i'm not whining (cos this is my first time sayin it).. but yeah, maybe, with all these disclaimers, i am paranoid.

i just wanted to state my views on this little topic.

u guys carry on now.

i gotta hand it to u H... u certainly don't let up. i can't imagine what a REAL argument over something IMPORTANT will cause you to do.. write a whole THESIS?

Hehe. Yep, you're right. I should probably just make totally unreasonable and unfounded accusations, blow things out of proportion, drop the name of perhaps the board's most respected member/moderator, say I'm offended, (and he probably is too) . . . and then, when I'm called on any of it (in detail), just wuss out and say: "Whatever, Hurin."

I guess that's the more socially acceptable and popular way of handling disagreements around here. Just say "you're wrong". . . but never say why. Assert that someone is hiding behind "word games and BS". . . but never say how. It's all very convenient when you have no argument of your own and can't possibly respond to the opposing argument on its merits. Just pretend that you are "above it all" and that your time is much, much too valuable to spend another precious minute addressing such petty concerns as what bodily orifice you pulled your obviously groundless accusations.

don't think it's the first time i've seen ur threads like this... and i guess that's what really kills my enjoyment at times on MW... nit-picking.. pinchy fights over... what was it again?

You and me both. But Blaine said that I accused Graham of lying when I did no such thing. Further, it is obvious that I did no such thing. That is a serious charge and calls both my character and (ironically) Graham's into question. Nobody accused Graham of lying. . . yet Blaine asserts that I did. . . so now there may be a perception by some that there is an accusation that Graham lied where there was none before.

If Blaine would just be decent and admit that he either misread something or misunderstood something, and that I never did make any such accusation, I'd let all that other crap slide. Because, truthfully, I don't consider my "accusation" about Yamato's "passing the buck" to BW to be much of an accusation at all. I consider it neither unscrupulous nor dishonest. Actually, I consider it good business.

H

Edited by Hurin