Flyable YF-19 for FS2002 (maybe 2004)

Chronocidal

• 3 weeks later...

Heheh.. Thanks, you saved me the trouble of looking for this topic again. ;)

Well, the good news is I'm back home again, and all set to finish this thing finally.. I'm backing up files on cds today, tomorrow I'll be all set to make a permanent cockpit for the YF-19. Dunno how long it will take me, but it shouldn't be too long. :D

For too long has FS2002 been sitting on my desktop, begging the presence of these fantastic jets....

What's the first thing you're going to do when you get the completed model?

Me? I think Mach1 over the bay area sounds fine...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of replies, I've been testing a YF-21, and I've pretty much remapped the entire YF-19 in the past few days. it now uses nearly twice as many textures, but you can put text on it now, and it won't be backwards on the other side of the plane. I added separate mapping areas for a lot of things like the insides of the tails, fins, and undersides of the canards, and doubled up the mapping for the main fuselage, so it can be all decorated now. I also went and added in all the text I couldn't add before, like warning signs, and labels and stuff, basically all the stuff on the decal sheet of the model. So it's much more detailed now, to put it lightly. I'll try to get some pics of it up in the next few days.

I've also been tweaking the flight model so it's a little more controllable, I also need to figure out how to fix the stupid overspeed warning, that get's really annoying.

For you FS2004 people, I may have a solution for you... I'm planning on buying FS2004 myself, just so I can get the better graphics model it offers, and more complex animations that are possible... I read an article on how to add wing-flexing that bases the amount of flex off of the g-load. It uses XML coding to add special animations that are based off of the data coming out of the game. That might be just the trick I need to animate the weird wing-reshaping stuff the YF-21 is capable of. But anyway, I'll make sure to make a 2004 compatible -19 for you. I think it has something to do with the flaps not working right, but I won't know till I get the program myself.

Sounds great. I can't wait to see what you've put together......

BTW, I did finally get the flaps to work in FS 2004. It was a simple change in the aircraft.cfg file.

Just change the "system_type" on all the flap sections from 1 to 0 in the CFG file.

Very, very nice... I might just have to buy FS2004 for these planes. These DO work in FS2004, right?

A suggestion: tweak the skins so that the colors are less anime-style, and more realistic. I'd love to fly a VF-22S, but it would help so much more if it looked as if it fit in with the landscape, you know?

LOL.. Don't worry, that YF-21 doesn't even have textures yet.. it just has single colors aplied for testing. Now, I don't know about anime style though.. There really aren't enough panel lines ON these planes to make them look real. They're probably going to look slightly cartoony, no matter how I do the textures. It's also because of the markings. Once I do a dull camo scheme, it'll probably look much more realistic. But in any case, I'm planning to make the YF-21 textures look pretty much like the YF-19's in terms of style, although I may add more varied shades of blue to look more real. Hope that's not too anime-ish for you. :unsure: I add some more panel lines to the textures, but I'll have to make up most of the paneling. These things are so smooth, it's like they're organically grown.

Btw, I can do a beige YF-19, it's a simple color change. I'll include it as a marking set when I finish up the whole model. Now that I've made the model two-sided, I need to remake all my textures. :rolleyes:

Well, the colors are supposed to be very bright.. it's a demonstrator craft after all, and they're usually very glossy and bright. But again, I haven't done any textures, so it'll look very different from that, with shaded panel lines, etc. I just haven't been able to draw them yet.

Demonstrators can be any number of colors. For example, the YF-22 and YF-23 (real-life planes) were given low-visibility schemes. The second YF-23 produced for further testing was painted dirty black.

As for the VF-22S... well, that's a production craft, so you can safely dull it. :D

Just my two cents... I apologize if I'm coming across as demanding here.

A suggestion: tweak the skins so that the colors are less anime-style, and more realistic. I'd love to fly a VF-22S, but it would help so much more if it looked as if it fit in with the landscape, you know?

Agreed the white and blue colors are too much strong and the YF 19 seems an artifact placed in the screen and doesn't blend in it . I think Terpfen was trying to say this when he said "anime-style" . But this is a simple problem quite easy to work around .

@Chrono

Your YF-19 is like this one ;

v4_front.jpg

Great 3d YF-19 BUT even a child can say .. what's that freaking thing ? :)

If u see the 2nd YF-19

yf-19b1.jpeg

the white it's a little bit different , not a pure white but it's quite gray , so the plane blends perfectly in the airport scenario .

U just need pastel colors not stong ones in your YF-19 Palette .

Btw Chrono your work is simply astonishing :blink: .

Never thought our precious YF-19 could ever fly in a sim

Can't wait the final YF-19 :ph34r:

/Me mumbling around ....

@Chrono if we need an YF-19 control panel for FS2002/2004 I can do something

just let me know

Cya

But again, I haven't done any textures, so it'll look very different from that, with shaded panel lines, etc.  I just haven't been able to draw them yet.

Opsssssss While I was typing my reply u said that :(

My own fault :unsure:

Sry Chrono :)

Edited by Seph1roT

LOL.. S'okay... The YF-19 will probably get darker, especially when I make the beige version. I probably just need to weather it a little more. Right now, it's got that factory fresh look that only lasts about an hour before dirt starts to collect.

About FS2004... Circuit City (and circuitcity.com) is offering the game for $20, with a $20 rebate included. Read: the game is free. Unless your PC sucks, there's no real reason not to grab a copy. I plan to in the morning, along with a joystick (Saitek Cyborg!)