Max VF-1S

Aegis!

I´m not sure if this toy alone is worth a thread but does anyone feel fond of this variant ?

At first I never payed much attention or gave much vredit to this variant but as of late I´ve started to REALLY like it.

It´d be nice to see Yamato make this toy in 1/48 , otherwise I could get a 1A and a 1S and swap the heads (I´ll get a Max 1S and a Roy 1A , I should paint the dots on the heads though)

yhea he only used it for a few minutes in the movie. if anything to me it seems out of place. Sure he beat the helll out of milia in a spectacular dogfight in it, but to me the hikaru 1S has more value and importance not to mention is more idollike since it stole the show at the end.

I think if yamato made it it would sell worse then the VF1A max DYRL. what they should do is make a max Tv VF1A

Hmm.. What would be nice, IMO, is a 1/60 DYRL Max-1S to go with the 1/60 DYRL Millia Q-Rau. Think of the dioramas we can build. :)

Frankly, I think a DYRL Max-1S model is more likely.. the one thing about the Max-1S that really stands out for me was that 3-second superdetailed close-up of the Max-1S in DYRL.

Yeah, why not?!!! I mean Yamato's already released the ones for HIKARU and FOKKER, why not complete the trio and come out with MAX'S?! Although SHIN is right, a VF-1A MAX TV would sell better! Now that one I will surely buy!! ;)

Well:

- chances are I'd buy pretty much any 1/48 release Yamato pulled out of their ass...what can I say, I'm a sucker

- blue is probably my favorite color

- the 1S is my favorite Valk variant

...so, yeah, I'd buy one...at least one. :rolleyes:

I'd probably buy a DYRL Max VF-1S and definitely buy a DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A.

Not much interest in a TV Max VF-1A though, it's too bland looking IMO.

Also, I probably wouldn't buy an Angel Birds VF-1A as it looks too much like a Japanese sailor suit schoolgirl in battroid mode :p

Graham

If I didn't already own a VF-1S I still don't think I'd pick one up (that's because I'd get Hikaru's over Roy's and Max's).

BUT. If I had a 1/60 Queadlunn Rau then I'd probably pick up Max's VF-1S. B))

yhea he only used it for a few minutes in the movie. if anything to me it seems out of place. Sure he beat the helll out of milia in a spectacular dogfight in it, but to me the hikaru 1S has more value and importance not to mention is more idollike since it stole the show at the end.

I think if yamato made it it would sell worse then the VF1A max DYRL. what they should do is make a max Tv VF1A

Funny that the Max VF-1S had more screen time and appeared in a more significant part of the movie than the VF-1A and yet a 1/48 VF-1A gets made, despite poor 1/60 sales. The Max VF-1S would probably tank in either scale. I'd rather see a 1/48 CF.

if really want to have a MAX-1S. just buy a ROY or hikaru 1S

and do a simpliest re-paint works is the best way :)

Customs are great, but the same argument could be made for the Hikaru 1S. Call it an obsessive thing, but I'd rather buy a factory Max 1S than customize my own.

Lessee... a Max 1S? I'd get one... eventually.

I'm assuming that CF VF-1A is inevitable and I'll leave out 2-seater valks, so that we're simply talking about the existing 1 seat VF-1 mold.

I guess my order of preference (leaving out the CF - which I think we'll see real soon, regardless) would be:

Kakizaki DYRL 1A - it's only fair... and it's about time.

Max DYRL 1S - with that many customs out there, it's definitely worth it.

TV Max 1A - not a fan of this paint scheme, but it is a major part of Macross TV.

TV Kakizaki 1A - see above.

As for Angel Birds, Minmay Guard, etc... nah. I like the valks that played at least some part in the show and movie.

I know that the YF-19 with FAST Packs will come, it just frustrates me that it's taking such a long time. Oh well.

But with the Max VF-1S, it would sure make my life a lot easier. I like it, so would hardcore Max and DYRL? fans, but I don't know if that's still enough motivation for Yamato to make one.

As for Angel Birds, Minmay Guard, etc... nah. I like the valks that played at least some part in the show and movie.

The Minmay Guard was a fan custom design but the Angel Birds *were* in the show....the very first episode to be precise ;)

.....Ok, I know what you mean...they were only a demonstration team and played no real part in the storyline...but still, I want my Angel Birds VF-1A!!! :p

i don't see any really good reason why yamato didn't make the valks with removeable, and interchangeable heads.

Maximum profit for minimum effort.

i don't see any really good reason why yamato didn't make the valks with removeable, and interchangeable heads.

Maximum profit for minimum effort.

That and Big West said "no."

I was a big proponent of the interchangeable head 1/48 before the toy was even released, but G-man passed on the bad news to us after we bugged him enough about it. :(

I wouldnt mind getting a VF-1S Max. The thing is that I am making my custom already. I just need paint. :D One of my many projects I will work on in the summer IF I get the time.

I would like to see Yamato make every VF that had screen time. :o

All it needs is one damn screw, and you can change the heads, it would have been so easy to include some more. In reality there would be less loose valks lying on the shelves if they included the heads. Everyone is satisfied, can pick the head they want, and they wouldn't have the problem of different 1A's sitting on the shelf untouched in overstock.

Maximum Profit for Minimum Effort holds very true.

So far the only one to grace us with that benefit is Banpresto. Weak joints, but bless them for that effort at least in prioviding the 3 heads on each.

Edited by Anubis

Everyone is satisfied, can pick the head they want, and they wouldn't have the problem of different 1A's sitting on the shelf untouched in overstock.

That's very true. I don't know how the "MISB" crowd is in Japan, and I doubt that this scenario would play much of a factor, but people who like to buy two of everything would be buying less. That is, if they released a DYRL? Max, even with just the S and A heads, I imagine a MISB junky would have bought two to display, but only one to hoard instead of both the A and S. Just something to consider, I doubt it has much to do with the way the toys have been marketed.

All it needs is one damn screw, and you can change the heads, it would have been so easy to include some more.  In reality there would be less loose valks lying on the shelves if they included the heads.  Everyone is satisfied, can pick the head they want, and they wouldn't have the problem of different 1A's sitting on the shelf untouched in overstock. 

Maximum Profit for Minimum Effort holds very true.

So far the only one to grace us with that benefit is Banpresto.  Weak joints, but bless them for that effort at least in prioviding the 3 heads on each.

We've already been through the "swappable heads" thing here, where a very heated debate ensued. As I argue throughout that thread, offering swappable heads would be a very bad business decision for Yamato.

But let's not debate that here (again). If anyone wants to spark that one up again, please visit (and friggin' read!) the other thread. Me and Gokurakumaru cover things from just about every angle there already.

Best Regards,

Hurin

Edited by Hurin

why don't people just buy the resin heads that are available? :unsure: it seems like the easiest choice. i understand that die-hard collectors don't get down with customs but IMO, its the best alternative to something that won't/hasn't been made.

i don't know why everyone dislikes the 1A max, i think its great! though, it would look cool with an S head. B)) i think i'm gonna score some extra heads when i get some loot up....