1/48 Fast Pack Countdown!

Limbo

Thanks for the links CF18! It's too bad the server is so slow right now.......and I can't freaking believe it. They were selling Fast Packs for $300HKD, that's only $38 USD's!

What a great price! :blink:

i can't believe some of you guys....

knowing that the first run is going to have its problems, why would anyone throw down the money to get more than one of them? 

your impatience will only hurt your pockets and leave you pissed that something was wrong....with ALL of them.

i have just ONE on order cause i know how yamato operates.  they'll get hit with alot of feedback from us and other mac fans, then release a 2nd run version with the corrections and then a third with more corrections.  i like that yamato does this, instead of leaving a crappy item out in the market.

me, i know the deal with yamato and their quick release, no QC, what problems? we want more money attitude...my getting just the one was a mistake but i too have a naked valk.  when they run a 2nd or 3rd release, thats when i'll pick up some multiples and that when most if not all problems will be fixed.

i'm not trying to start an arguement with one but a review from a few people before purchase would be the logical choice.

just my two cents

Are you kidding or what?

<_<

If you plan on waiting for a 2nd or 3rd release, get ready for a long wait... I've never had a single problem with any of my Valks. Aren't you the one who recently only bought a few 1/60's? I prefer to buy something and see for myself rather than let myself be swayed by other's opinions. I have five 1/48's that are flawless. I have no reason to believe the fastpacks will be any different.

Edited by imode

Ouch.  that's a nasty price...

75.99!!! :blink: With 30 on top of that for shipping??!!!! :wacko:

Guy's nuts.

I prefer to buy something and see for myself rather than let myself be swayed by other's opinions.

Exactly. It's not like the Fast Packs have an intricate transformation system........I don't think we'll have too many problems with these beauties. Oh, I wouldn't wait for a 2nd or 3rd release too. From what I've heard these puppies are selling like hot cakes, most online stores in the US are already sold out. :blink:

knowing that the first run is going to have its problems, why would anyone throw down the money to get more than one of them?

your impatience will only hurt your pockets and leave you pissed that something was wrong....with ALL of them.

i have just ONE on order cause i know how yamato operates. they'll get hit with alot of feedback from us and other mac fans, then release a 2nd run version with the corrections and then a third with more corrections. i like that yamato does this, instead of leaving a crappy item out in the market.

me, i know the deal with yamato and their quick release, no QC, what problems? we want more money attitude...my getting just the one was a mistake but i too have a naked valk. when they run a 2nd or 3rd release, thats when i'll pick up some multiples and that when most if not all problems will be fixed.

i'm not trying to start an arguement with one but a review from a few people before purchase would be the logical choice.

just my two cents

Uh.....yeah. :huh::huh:

Seriously haterist, it's their money to spend on what they want. If you know Yamato, so do the rest of the guys here. Let them have their fun.

Anywhoo, from the pic below, what's that white piece for? The one next to the forearm attachments?

post-4-1062177581_thumb.jpg

i have just ONE on order cause i know how yamato operates.  they'll get hit with alot of feedback from us and other mac fans, then release a 2nd run version with the corrections and then a third with more corrections.  i like that yamato does this, instead of leaving a crappy item out in the market.

me, i know the deal with yamato and their quick release, no QC, what problems? we want more money attitude...my getting just the one was a mistake but i too have a naked valk.  when they run a 2nd or 3rd release, thats when i'll pick up some multiples and that when most if not all problems will be fixed.

just my two cents

Seriously haterist, it's their money to spend on what they want. If you know Yamato, so do the rest of the guys here. Let them have their fun.

Anywhoo, from the pic below, what's that white piece for? The one next to the forearm attachments?

It's a piece for the backpack. You can see it in the scan from that one mag with the Elint Ostrich and Fastpacks. It's the one on the bottom right, circled in red. Graham said that Yamato claims it will help strength the backpack... I'm not even sure how it fits...

just my two cents

also these fast packs are not variable toys. They are an accessories pack. I really doubt they will have many if any QC problems considering, I was only going to get one myself but I got to cause I decided to take advantage of kevins get to no shipping deal.

Okay, so it's too messy to quote, so I won't bother. I'm not singling you out either. Your post existed therefore I just felt compelled to respond with counter-reasoning. I'm not saying anyone accused me of having any problems. I suppose I should have made my actual point clearer. You say at the end that if Yamato sells out on something, then they should make more. Makes perfect sense to me. Fine business sense. If there is demand, make more supply. However, as we see with the original Hikaru 1/48 1A, Yamato has a fixed construction amount, and even though their warehouses are empty and most stores are empty now too, they have not made any more Hikaru 1A's.

Also you mentioned that you wanted to wait for a 2nd and 3rd version so that Yamato fleshes out any QC issues they may have. While this is perfectly understandable, especially due to the Macross Plus fiasco, I am going to be highly skeptical of Yamato making reissues... at least not for some time to come. The main problem with the Macross Plus valkyries was that they were designed poorly from the get-go. Thus we saw reissues of the YF-19, and technically "enhanced, updated" reissues of the YF-21 and YF-11. However, there are no real design issues with the 1/48 like the ones that plagued Yamato's macross plus lines. Things could be better here and there, but not to the point that the 1/48's are falling apart (in the wrong ways) on people after one transformation. The QC issues that really plague the 1/48 are to check whether or not you're missing this piece, or whether or not this section was painted, etc. Unfortunately, no matter how many revisions something may go through, those types of issues will always be a problem because they're all human, and nobody is perfect. If it's a design issue that you're worried about then there's probably not too much to worry about. The biggest issue is the stress of the rear boosters on the backpack, which I agree, is a valid point.

As for my quote about the 1/60's... Don't be like some other people here (I won't say names) who like to talk about how crappy or how good something is without even owning one to start. Okay, so you caught me making assumptions on the quality of the fast packs when I admittedly own none. I'm basing them on my previous experiences with the 1/48 line, as I have had nothing but quality so far. What are you basing your assumptions that they're going to be crap on? Not trying to be an a$$hole. It's just genuine concern over the fact that people go flapping their gums about things they don't even have any experience in.

And no, I don't work for Yamato, and no I don't wear coke bottle glasses. I just haven't been jilted by them yet, and hope to blissfully remain that way.

-imo

Yamato fan-boy

Edited by imode

That was intense :)

I'm willing to take a few things on faith. Both my 1/48 Scale yammies have not failed to impress me at all and the 1/60 scale I owned for a breif time was very satisfactory in its own right. I'm certainly getting a FAST Pack set for my 1/48 before handling the merchandise in person. I'm very confident it will be everything I expect.

just my two cents

that "white" caught my eyes too.....

wonder how it should be attached :huh:

OK, FAST packs are here. The four I ordered and my Elint and Super-O all came today... making it a little like X-mas. Also good thing that the GF was not here, as I think I'd have been skun alive. The stuff just looks expensive.

FAST packs are cool, cool, cool. Sticker sheet could use some work, as is par with Yamato, but it does include the tougun symbol and Kakizaki's skull. It also has, for the hardcore, little Tako Pie and Bud stickers to go on the mini- missiles. Had a laugh when I saw that.

The boosters are heavy! I guess that's why Yamato included the new back piece. The hook from before sometimes just isn't enough. I think it's cool though, as it covers that unsightly hole behind the head as well.

Sorry for the short review and especially for the bad pictures. (Does it show I have a problem when I spend all my money on toys and still haven't bought a living room lamp since I moved into this place about 12 months ago?) Anyhow, have to play and maybe in the morning I'll take pictures again.

post-4-1062236056_thumb.jpg

OK, FAST packs are here. The four I ordered and my ElintIt also has, for the hardcore, little Tako Pie and Bud stickers to go on the mini- missiles. Had a laugh when I saw that.

How did you get yours so fast LePoseur? Do you live in Hong Kong? How's the weight of the Fast Packs? Is there any chance you could get a shot of the Budweiser sticker? That is soooo damned cool. B)

How did you get yours so fast LePoseur? Do you live in Hong Kong? How's the weight of the Fast Packs? Is there any chance you could get a shot of the Budweiser sticker? That is soooo damned cool. B)

Nope, not HK, Toyko. So I guess a lot of people on the boards from HK and Japan should have them by now. Hopefully someone with better light and some camera skills can fill in the considerable holes I'm leaving. ;)

Here's another blurry photo. ;)

post-4-1062239109.jpg