Naruto Crazy Spoiler/Discussion Thread!

isamu

Good news. Its about time it was picked up. From what I've been told the top, Naruto is one of the top three mangas in Japan. The others are One Piece which was already picked up and released and the other is Hunter X Hunter(which I think is better then Naruto to be honest). I just hope that is picked up soon since the manga is already being released by Viz.

Seems a lot of people are complaining on other forums. Just mad cause they are afraid the free fansubs will stop. Not looking forward to the DVDs though. The 2 or 3 episode dvds suck.

Edited by Effect

To be expected, but not as much as one would think. Things really don't need to be edited to much until they get into the Chuinn exam. The actual anime is already edited when compared with the orginal manga version. Certain things are changed around or altered to reduce the violence and blood. I don't think to much would be edited to be honest.

Its crazy on some Naruto forums. People are acting like this is th eend of the world. Sad really. No one is forcing them to watch the dubbed version or to watch it on Toonami, which is where the show seems to be going. They can just continue with the fansubs or get the dvds. Those that say they aren't going to watch seem to be the ones complaining most. That I just don't get. I guess its wrong of me to try and make sense out of that chaos. A good deal of Naruto fans are crazy from what I've seen.

Edited by Effect

Naruto is good.  I guess you'll have to keep dl'ing the fansubs from AonE which in my opinion are pretty good.

Toon Network picking up episodes has all downloads dried up thanks to it being MORE illegal to dl them now. I'm on episode 117. A the rate Toon Network runs them, I'll get to watch more in about 4 years.

Fun.

Edited by Chewie

• 6 months later...

Well, Naruto debuts on Cartoon Network on September 10. The English dub script will be handled by Steven Blum (Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Roger in The Big O) and will feature the voices of Maile Flanagan as Naruto, Yuri Lowenthal (Taro in Hanaukyo Maid Team: La Verite) as Sasuke, Kate Higgins (Eldegard in Planetes) as Sakura, Dave Wittenberg (Kaoru in Ai Yori Aoshi, Kei in Please Teacher!) as Kakashi, and Kirk Thornton (Brandon Heat/Beyond the Grave in Gungrave, Gain in Overman King Gainer) as Tazuna. No word on when the first DVD volume will be released.

I really don't understand the attraction of this series. Even non anime-fan friends are watching it and it seems terribly boring to me. Same with Bleach.

323909[/snapback]

I liked the fights (some really dynamic) but the story is so freaking flat that I stop watching it almost 100 episodes ago. My brother still watches it, but he's also getting bored. He's starting to hate the kid (no wonder: "Hokage this and that" all teh time).

The manga at least is evolving (Naruto has grown up a bit) and the enemy isn't boring old Orochimaru.

Edited by Twoducks

• 2 weeks later...

ohmy farting god, the english version is on toonami, it is oen ofthe worst dubs ive ever heard, naruto is supposed to be a loud self confident wiseass, instead they mad ehim sound like an 8 year old pussy white boy with strep throat and they altered the dialogue so horribly, and they removed the intro and ending credit songs and replaced em with a random a rock guitar solo and they translate some words but not others, they jutsu but instea dof syaing konoha they say hidden village of leaves, they farting slaughtered it, slaughtered it again, burned it, pissed on the ashes, ate them, shat them out, and fed it to a pig and threw the remains in a dumpster and for some incomprehensible reaosn they changed the backgorund music slightly, it basiclythe same but with minor changes, there is no word to express how horribly they have ruined the show, and they cant pronounce a single name or japanese word correctly

wtf is wrong with these people? they didnt edit out the blood when iruka was hit shuriken but they edited out the nosebleeds when naruto did the sexy no jutsu

327477[/snapback]

Because non-anime/manga fans would not understand the joke, it seemed inconsequential.

But for some odd reason it did keep to the manga portion of the series... and imo, it was not that bad.

at least, they did not use the the annoying voice used for M.D. Luffy. :ph34r:

That's dub for ya, f*ck dubbed anime.

But I have to comment on Naruto, as I have just completed the 150 episode marathon in 3 days. The characters are cool and all, but the progression and flashbacks are almost unbearable. All the Sakura self-pity sessions are annoying too. That being said, the animation is surprisingly good for such a long series, and the fights are interesting. Rock Lee is the poo.

I also wanted to ask, how many more episodes is it till Naruto leaves to train with Jiraiya? I'm not too familiar with the manga's progression. And also, how often do new episodes come out?

That's dub for ya, f*ck dubbed anime. 

But I have to comment on Naruto, as I have just completed the 150 episode marathon in 3 days.  The characters are cool and all, but the progression and flashbacks are almost unbearable.  All the Sakura self-pity sessions are annoying too.  That being said, the animation is surprisingly good for such a long series, and the fights are interesting.  Rock Lee is the poo. 

I also wanted to ask, how many more episodes is it till Naruto leaves to train with Jiraiya?  I'm not too familiar with the manga's progression.  And also, how often do new episodes come out?

327559[/snapback]

150 episode marathon?! Damn, thats crazy. When I first started, I could only manage 50 in a week. Now its like I hardly bother after the whole Sasuke Sound Five story arc.

LOL, man you are right in that any episode with Sakura is a waste. Especially since the story is always the same with her crying about one crap or another then resolving that she will be strong and depend only on herself only to find her doing the same wailing and moaning session the next time. I just wish someone would gut her like a fish already.

New episodes come out every week. While the animation may be decent, it takes a real nosedive after Orochimaru first attacks Konoha. It lifts for an episode here and there, but on the overall just plain gets sloppy. Of course, my comparison for what is an awesome animated episode would be the Rock vs Lee battle and Sandaime vs Orochimaru. You can obviously tell those episodes were animated by the actual studio and not farmed out to Korea.