are the 1/48 fast packs removable.....

F14Tomcat

Both the arm and leg FAST packs can be removed very easily.

However, I have not tried to remove the back FAST backs yet. The metal pegs on the back FAST packs plug into the backpack really tightly and I'm a little worried about twisting and damaging the backpack hinge (part # BP8) when I try to pull off the back FAST packs.

Anybody tried installing and removing the back FAST packs multiple times yet to see how the backpack hinge holds up?

Graham

The metal pegs on the back FAST packs plug into the backpack really tightly and I'm a little worried about twisting and damaging the backpack hinge (part # BP8) when I try to pull off the back FAST packs.

Anybody tried installing and removing the back FAST packs multiple times yet to see how the backpack hinge holds up?

Graham

but sounds scary here.... :blink::ph34r:

Hey Graham? Is it still possible to transform the Valkyrie into all three modes WITHOUT removing pieces of the Fast Pack? (i.e gerwalk to fighter, battroid to fighter)

Transforming from Fighter to Gerwalk or Gerwalk to Fighter there is no need to remove or add any parts.

If you are transforming to Battroid mode, you need to add the white filler piece behind the neck. Conversely if you are transforming from Battroid to another mode, you need to remove the white filler piece.

Graham

So the FP's come with a little white filler piece then.  Say do the micro missles hold in place?

The double micro-missiles stay in place fine. The single micro-missiles (the ones at the front of the FP) are a bit loose and some don't stay in too well. It's not a big deal though.

Graham

So the FP's come with a little white filler piece then. Say do the micro missles hold in place?

The white filler peice is essential for Battroid mode, for keeping the backpack locked in place against the extreme weight of the back FAST packs. Without the extra filler piece which doubles as a retaining clip, the backpack hatch unlocks under the weight of the FPs in battroid mode.

Graham

However, I have not tried to remove the back FAST backs yet. The metal pegs on the back FAST packs plug into the backpack really tightly and I'm a little worried about twisting and damaging the backpack hinge (part # BP8) when I try to pull off the back FAST packs.

Hmmm...that statement has me worried. :huh:

If I do buy the FP for the 1/48; I definitely dont want them to be permanently on my 1/48.

I also dont want the FPs to be a pain to remove.

If there are issues with this release, is there a chance Yamato would come out with an improved version? I'm definitely buying them, but would hate to get four sets and later find out that there's a fixed version.

I don't really see any issues with this version.

Actually I did remove the fast packs from the back pack. You can't just pull them out but have to 'wiggle' them out slowly because they are pretty firmly attached. It really wasn't a big deal, just took a couple of minutes.

OK...? :huh:

:angry::angry: Hm, I was hoping Yamato would do a better job than the Bandai crazy Back Pack armor clip. I broke the Bandai back pack clip armor twice! And since Yamato FP is like $50+, I guess when I do get that FP, it is going to be stay on that Valk because I'm not take it off.