1/55 custom escape capsule

ewilen

I was! :D

Search my old posts on both this and the old board and you'll see pics of it. I've been swamped with work and haven't finished any projects lately. That one is practically done though.

To be honest I don't even know what box its in since I haven't unpacked my macross stuff since my move. I'm kinda suprised that anyone remembered it.

Jim

Hey Guys.

Give me a couple of days and I'll take some new pics. I looked on my computer for the originals but they've vanashed. If the old boards are back online I think I posted them with my joke GBP. I'll add some pics soon, I promise...I just gotta find the darn thing.

Wow! ewilen that link is cool. I mad mine quite similiar but just used the anime as a reference. I'm close but in the anime there isn't a big hole for the head to fit recessed into. So I'm off a little there. Also a little off at the rear portion. Wish I'd had this link when I started. All I really have left on is is some sanding, painting and glueing on the 2 person cockpit and canopy.

Hey Guys,

Bad news. My custom escape capsule is MIA. I moved recently and cannot find it. Even worse (to me) my Joke GBP is MIA also. I'm sure they will turn up but don't know when. Anyway I'll give you a run down on what I did.

1. Acquire a super cheap knock off on ebay.

2. Take it apart and cut the sides off the nose (by sides I mean the parts that the chest piece slides on.

3. Remove the craptacular landing gear and fill in the hole with styrene and putty.

4. Cut out the plastic canopy and replace with a joons or old taka one. Could use a reissue also. If you don't have a spare canopy just leave the original and paint it light blue.

5. Fill in the sides of the nose (where you cut the sides with styrene and putty. THis is by far the hardest part.

6. Fill in the back of the nose with styrene and a small amount of putty. Now screw the landing gear wheel (it looks enough like a vernier nozzle) to the back...make sure you predrill first.

7. (this was done earlier but I forgot when) Cut 2 pieces styrene...One will sit under the nozzel you just added and run up to the top of the capsule. The second will attach to the first piece and is shaped to fit into the hand like the gunpod does. Only it will fit into the underside of the gunpod. I experimented with several atachment types and even though this wasn't the truest to the lineart it was by far the best blend of functionality and truism.

8. Now you could make the attachment point differently but I figured this was the safest way to do it without damaging the arm itself. If you were to do this with a 1/60 or 1/48 it would be very easy to attach it via the little grove they provide for the gunpod to attach to the forearm.

Now that the 1/48 has come out I might try making one for that. I don't plan on doing a 1/60 but would be happy if someone else did one.

Don't worry I'll find this soon. Just going to take longer than I thought. I have whole room full of macross stuff in boxes I have to go through to find it.

Hope this give you the idea.

Jim

topic: need professional to modify 1/48 into escape capsule

been thinking for nights, yamato 1/48 life-pod can actually easily take out by just

unscrewing the bottom screw & back head screw.

it's still kindda troublesome to screw & unscrew for transformation.

(if anyone had a better idea solving this problem)

well, my main concern wasn't this. wondering if yamato will come out a new

vf-1 toys with escape capsule anot, even if it will, i think it gonna take yearssss...

i need someone who can do moulding. doing of the part of escape capsule rear engine(see my 2nd hand-draw novice picture :lol: ).

my idea for it is able to attach it to remove head screw hole.

and with hidden/extendable gunpod stick-to function (like the vf-1 gun hanger)

i'm volunteer of just providing idea only. hehee

exact measurment, design & moulding part gotta rely on any professional customizer whom interested in doing it. i wish i can buy 1 after job complete :p

post-24-1080780692_thumb.jpg

Edited by alvaro

topic: need professional to modify 1/48 into escape capsule

been thinking for nights, yamato 1/48 life-pod can actually easily take out by just

unscrewing the bottom screw & back head screw.

it's still kindda troublesome to screw & unscrew for transformation.

(if anyone had a better idea solving this problem)

well, my main concern wasn't this. wondering if yamato will come out a new

vf-1 toys with escape capsule anot, even if it will, i think it gonna take yearssss...

i need someone who can do moulding. doing of the part of escape capsule rear engine(see my 2nd hand-draw novice picture :lol: ).

my idea for it is able to attach it to remove head screw hole.

and with hidden/extendable gunpod stick-to function (like the vf-1 gun hanger)

i'm volunteer of just providing idea only. hehee

exact measurment, design & moulding part gotta rely on any professional customizer whom interested in doing it. i wish i can buy 1 after job complete :p

1234.JPG

:unsure: something tells me you've thought this out...

You could probably pull this off using polycaps. Where you just unplug the neck piece then plug in the engine and vice versa. There should be enough room in that engine thingy behind the seat to mount the polycap.

holy crap!

WOW. that is some awesome reference material.

there was a link to their homepage

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/

but i also backtracked to this directory

http://manuals.macrossmecha.org/vf1/fact/

there is some nice stuff in there, too bad it's not listed on their main page.

do you guys have some more crazy links like that? some of the pictures i've never seen before.

it all goes to good use, i'm a mecha artist (now published B)) so all this reference material is awesome. please share some more links?

You could probably pull this off using polycaps. Where you just unplug the neck piece then plug in the engine and vice versa. There should be enough room in that engine thingy behind the seat to mount the polycap.

topic: 1/48 yamato valks escape system Continues...

polycap? <_< I duno what the it is.(remember i'm still new on customizing, hehe,

btw, ur plugin method i've thought of it too, i'll sort out all ways to get my best method ;) personally i feel alittle hard & fragile for head to do unpluging.

well, another new idea been solve to old problem. since the bottom screw is not opstructing the front wheel/transformation, i may extend it to a longer screw & screw it :angry: or other better utilities :p

Tranforming into life jet pod is just simple as lowering the bottom part (remember to cut stickers into half along the line ;) ) and den move it out.

The seat!, theres a moulding glue part to it. I'm not pro so i wasn't sure how to melt it off. maybe by harsh way of removing it. well this let u get ejectable seat :lol:

lastly the head & engine,...hmmm ZZZZZ *gonna fell asleep*

might edit by sawing along the screw size, n just pull out n insert the engine along it(my current way). well i gotto leave this the last part coz i plan to take up modelling course hopefully can learn some painting & making my own mode out ;) cya guys

holy crap!

WOW. that is some awesome reference material.

there was a link to their homepage

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/

but i also backtracked to this directory

http://manuals.macrossmecha.org/vf1/fact/

there is some nice stuff in there, too bad it's not listed on their main page.

do you guys have some more crazy links like that? some of the pictures i've never seen before.

it all goes to good use, i'm a mecha artist (now published B)) so all this reference material is awesome. please share some more links?

You might PM nanashi (aka Windjammer...but I think he goes by nanashi on the boards now) or just search for his name(s), since he's provided links via the forum that aren't easily located via the front page. This may be because he's doing some remodeling and/or editing--it was recently established that some of the materials on which he's relied are not official, so he may want to add some clarifications about that.

Another way to go: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-...G=Google+Search

• 2 weeks later...
Hey alvaro,

polycaps are like the joints for the gundam kits. You could probably just use some left over one's for a HG or MG kit as they always give you extras.

:o how? need some guides, u mean burn n melt the leftovers & cast/mould them again?

MOst of the Gundam MG kits have extra parts when your done building the model. Or else you can order them from HLJ. I think one of the popular gundam shops has them too (U.S. shipping). Each set of parts usually runs like $5. T

he companies that make them is kotobukiya and Wave. They make everything from all the rubbery joints (polycaps) for every gundam kit plus other things like nozzles for boosters and attachment arms.

For the 1/55 recast elintseeker I got the maker suggested I use these type of parts rather than his recast one's for the attachment of the mini radar dish that attaches to the hand and underside of the valk. Haven't got around to buying them yet though.

The U.S. store is Gundamshop.com