Rurouni Kenshin /Samurai X

jwinges

Ok I just watched reflection

Holy Crap! :blink:

Got a couple of Q's though:

1. What disease or whatever killed Kenshin and Kaoru?

2. What the hell was Sano doing in part 2? I thought for sure he'd end up with Magumi.

3. What was up with Kenshin falling off that ship and supposedly drowning...is this how he lost his muscle and mind

4. Where was kenshin when Sano Found him and how did Sano find him?

This is by far the saddest any anime picture has made me feel. I almost shed a tear. :( Almost <_<

I must say that this is a tremendous series that cannot be missed if your a true anime fan.

Edited by jwinges

I know I haven't seen this yet, but my friend just had to spoil it for me. I knew kenshin was going to die, but just didn't know from what. My friend told me that he died of cancer. That's what I'm guessing that disease is what you are referring to. :p:D:lol:

2. What the hell was Sano doing in part 2? I thought for sure he'd end up with Magumi.

4. Where was kenshin when Sano Found him and how did Sano find him?

2) During the Jinchuu arc of the story (after Shishio in the manga), Sano returns to his hometown, now growing from the little village it was when he left. However, with progress came corruption, and a corrupt politician was making trouble to Sanosuke's dad. Sano kicked his ass, but since he was a part of the goverment after all, he got an arrest order and fled to China...

4)... where he found Kenshin a couple of years later in a poor little chinese town when the scarfaced rurouni was trying to pay his sins (at least, from his own point of view).

Take into account that Reflection actually takes place AFTER the Jinchuu arc, that is, after the end of the manga.

He just avoided contact wit her because it was contact contagious. They never said what it was. He ended up in the water after he helped someone else from falling in. He was too weak to save himself. He then washed ashore with amnesia and Sano found him there. That disease was eating away at his flesh and muscle. Bad whatever it was. Kaoru would eventually die from it too. It was a very sad ending. Nice to see Yahiko end up as well of as he was at least.

I so want to read the Jinchuu arc in full in the manga, and then enjoy the happy ending they left things at there.

Relfection wasn't horrible, but could have been so much better. Especially without the first episode being flashbacks primarily, and then they had to throw big wrenches into the family Kenshin and Kouru finally managed to have. I can't see Kenshin after all he had been through and seen leaving HIS family for the extents he did. Out of character. He likely contracted his disease to begin with from his wandering aiding as well. Stumbled on some strange outbreak in a town somewhere. Points for the emotional impact they tried to create, just the tone I wanted the show to end at.

I hope they can go back someday and make season 4 properly like they were supposed to originally :(