You don't deserve to know my name!

VF5SS

Come on you lovers of robots, lets give it up to that funky Kung Fu epic robot show known as Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos! How cool is this show? You got Rom "You don't deserve to know my name!" Stol kicking ass with the ultimate martial arts style known as Ten kyuu Juu Shin ken! And then you have Blue Jet, the coolest (and only ) mecha robo samurai mack daddy out there :D If you've never seen it, then you gotta check it out. The first two US DVDs are easy to find.

I have the two OOP Machine Robo:ROC vhs tapes. The series rocks (how can you go wrong with an evil gestalt called Devil Satan Six) even though there's only 10 episodes. I really gotta upgrade to DVD. Any news on a release of the last 39 episodes?

"Ganbare Kenryuu"

"Ganbare Vikung-Fu"

"In Gaddesses Name"

Edited by gerwalk25

I used to love the show when I was a kid. And happy to see them make a few appearance in the recent import Super Robot War games. But when I picked up the VHS tape of the first volume last year and watched it again, it didn't aged too well. :lol:

I don't mind the 80s anime style, and the chessy Ganbare! stuff. In fact I dig all those. But the fights on the first 5 episodes were so short that it always take just a couple hits and a couple of combinations to end them all. Wish there is a lot more dramatic good fights in there. If so, then the DVDs would be worth it.

The episodes almost always follow this pattern in Episode 1-5:

Devil Satans hit Rom once.

Rom: They are too powerful! Kenryu!!

Devil Satans: He combined with Kenryu guys! Let's combine!!!

Devil Satan 6 hit Rom once.

Rom: I can't be defeated like this. Vikanfu!!!!!!!

Kenryu combines with Vikanfu(with cool music).

Vikanfu hit Devil Satan 6 once.

Devil Satan 6: He's too powerful, let's retreat!!

Narrator: Ganbare Rom! Ganbare Kenryu!! Ganbare Vikanfu!!! :lol:

Do the later episodes get a lot better drama wise? Its been too long since I watched it, like more than a decade ago. :p

Any news on a release of the last 39 episodes?

Yes, there have been reports that volume three is on the way. Software sculptors cares! Woohoo! :) Oh and episodes 6-10 are much more dramatic. Rom gets a shield for from the Rock People (rocklords) and somehow the Rock People look really cool and have a purpose that makes sense. Then you have episode seven with the Warrior Woman Sofia, who Mack Daddy Rom falls in love with =) Eight is one of those poorly animated episodes, but its not too bad. Nine is crazy dramatic when the gang meets Drill's old friend. One thing you h ave to love about Vaikanfu is that he nevers finishes a bad guy the same way =) That is the Limitless Powers of Nature!

is this anything like machine robo rescue?

Since I haven't seen MRR, MR:ROC is about the planet Chronos being invaded by a robotic alien race and one hero from Chronos tries to stop them along with his MR buddies "Drill", "Jet", some kind of Triple Changer plus his sister tag's behind. So to answer you Q not really storywise.

I've been wanting to see MRR since I got the Bandai Blue Siren set.

Man! Just checked Software Sculptors site and found out the release date on DVD vol.3. Its 6/8/04!!!! I am pretty excited, as I might end up getting the DVDs afterall, just to relive the cool yet cheesy 80s robot goodness. But that is taking A LOT of time to release another volume! Volume 2 came out like August 2003?!

So there are 49 episodes total? Are the DVDs really worth it? That is a pretty big investment.

Edited by mpchi

Well there are bootlegs out there with really horrible subtitles. I think the video was ripped straight from the 500 dollar Japanese DVD set. I like the job Software Sculpters is doing with the show. Well, they can skip the cheesey extras like "Giant Robot Sing-a-long" and "Fight Moves!" Just gimmie the art and character sketches. I hope they also get their hands on the mysterious Reina Stol: Legend of Wolfsword OVA.

I just got MR:ROC volume 1 DVD today. The quality is decent the colors look cleaner even though you hear pops and dust particles on screen it gives a nice vintage look IMHO and it dosen't look like it's a VHS-rip like Mangle's Macross Plus.

The extras are okay like the sketchbook and art but the sing-a-long is useless and just previews of CPM titles and Big Apple Anime Fest footage. All in all I like it and for $10us you can't go wrong.