I got my VE-1

Firefox

I like VE-1 and I got it yesterday through Rapid Culture. It looks great but now without a few disappointments.

Firstly, the nose. It looks plain ugly and it curves to much upward.

Secondly, the rotating radome support pole. Unlike VT-1, which can transform into atmospheric jet. For VE-1, you still can transform into atmospheric jet but the rotating radome support pole is permanently stuck on the back pack! It is very unsightful.

Thirdly, there is not moveable joint between rotating radome and the pole (not the back pack). This makes the radome sits very high in fighter mode. Personally, I like the radome sit lower as illustrated by Yuji Kaida in Bandai 1/55.

As for which to choose from when having a extremely tight budget, I would recommend VT-1 unless you are like me who is craze for VE-1. Generally, I feel that there is a drop in quality (the material used) as compared to VF-1J Super valkyrie.

*sarcastic_voice* Yeah, that yammie VE-1 is totally bogus... it can't even begin to compare to tha old chunky monkey from Bandai ;). I mean, sometimes I see a photo of the Bandai and I think, "am I looking at the original line art or what?" */sarcastic_voice* Seriously though, what's a VE-1 without its special radar equipment? Why remove it? and secondly, you could see the shape of the nose since forever ago. I mean, I don't have one... but even I can see that it's got a stubby nose.

Firefox has the right to voice his opinion, and he didn't overstep his right in doing so. It's a valid comment on the inability to remove the backpack, as well as the high placement of the radar dish (hmm.. radish..?). In his own way he is suggesting improvements to Yamato too.

So be nice. :)

FireFox: What do you mean by drop in quality of material used?

Personally, I can't notice any drop in either quality or in materials used. If anything, the quality of the Yamato VE-1 and VT-1 is very high.

Personally, I'm happy with this piece. So much so that I sold my Bandai 1/55 VE-1.

The inabilty to remove the radar dish arm on the Yamato VE-1 does not both me at all, as this toy will be permanently displayed in fighter mode with the radar dish attached anyway.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Graham

I don't have a problem with the radar dish or the attachment either. That's what makes this valkyrie unique and it is part of it's design. What would be the point of removing the dish and the arm that supports it? Mine is already in the display case in fighter mode with all the gizmos attached. Looks pretty awesome to me. But then again this is the first VE-1 I've ever had. Never had any of the previous ones or even a model kit and I've always wanted one of these.

I don't have a problem with the radar dish or the attachment either. That's what makes this valkyrie unique and it is part of it's design. What would be the point of removing the dish and the arm that supports it?

I guess it's a matter of flexibility and personal preference really. I would like the option to have a Super VE, and also perhaps transplant the Ra-Dish to the VF-1D.

May be I've asked too much :D . As for the drop in quality. I meant that if compared to VF-1J, I found that the 1J is a finer piece in workmanship. Could it be the wear and tear of the molds? The nose of VE-1 is not as good in term of workmanship as compared to 1J. Besides, the arm packs gave stressed mark around the hooks area. That is how I get the idea of the drop of quality.

Of course, VE-1 is always my likes and Yamato did a great job to bring back to life. May be I start to demand more sub-conciously :D

The inabilty to remove the radar dish arm on the Yamato VE-1 does not both me at all, as this toy will be permanently displayed in fighter mode with the radar dish attached anyway.

Ditto.

Now all I have to do is find something to use as a stand so I can display it in flight with the radar array on the bottom fully deployed.

Personally, I can't notice any drop in either quality or in materials used. If anything, the quality of the Yamato VE-1 and VT-1 is very high.

Personally, I'm happy with this piece. So much so that I sold my Bandai 1/55 VE-1.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Graham

what!?!?!?! howmuch? when!?!??!

Just my 0.2 cents.

Graham

A modeler comment: why bother buying a transformable toy of the VE-1 to display it in fighter mode when you can have a superb and detailed Hasegawa model? :D:p:p:p:p

I know the answer: My hase VE-1 is still in it's box while your Yamato VE-1 is already in display....oh!! if I only have time to build every model I have.

Ditto.

Now all I have to do is find something to use as a stand so I can display it in flight with the radar array on the bottom fully deployed.

I know someone around here [sithlord maybe] sells really cool stands periodically that work great displaying complex things off the ground. GO throuh the "for sale" section a few pages and I'm sure you will find it. I need to get one myself as it's the only way I'll ever be able to display my violator valk in fighter mode LOL.

Ditto.

I know someone around here [sithlord maybe] sells really cool stands periodically that work great displaying complex things off the ground. GO throuh the "for sale" section a few pages and I'm sure you will find it. I need to get one myself as it's the only way I'll ever be able to display my violator valk in fighter mode LOL.

Dude your violator valk scares me... :p

Ditto.

Dude your violator valk scares me... :p

huh?

Ditto.

Just PM s i t h l o r d and ask him if he still has any left. He said before a new shipment would be coming relatively soon, as well. Affordable stands, very good quality. There was a thread in the old For Sale forum where he put up a lot of pictures.