Pokemon fan attacks classmates

From the Anime News Network:

Would-be Child Murderer Attacks Classmates

Omiya Police announced on March 5th that a local boy attempted to kill several classmates over Pokemon related schoolyard taunting.

The thirteen year old student at South Omiya Junior High School in Saitama City and injured several classmates using a Japanese sword. According to police, the day before he injured them, the child was insulted by 6 classmates including boys whom he tried to kill. They reportedly likened him to a Pokemon character.

Following the incident, the child confessed " I'm Killing them" to police. The sword came from the child's own home, where his grandfather used it as decoration.

Apparently, Pokemon is too violent for kids.

I've been working at a school for the last three to four years. I'd agree that Pokemon can give children violent tendencies........whEN THEY'RE FOUR OR FIVE YEARS OLD!

I'm not too familiar with class structures overseas. Would a thirteen year old student be in Japan still be in (some sort of) junior high or high school?

I also didn't know that Pokemon was still popular over there. :(

On a related note. Back in 1985 I punched one of my classmates for saying that GoBots was better than Transformers. :p

Man I did not hear about that!  I tell you ...that Pikachu is EVIL!

Rob MN

You can't blame it all on Pikachu...It's a problem of our decaying society where the parents have to work to support the high standard of living, thus no one take care of the kids, so they are screwed.

Given if the same social situation happens to the 70's, the same thing will happen,

only thing that is different is that the kid will be killing other kids for calling him "Kermit" or something else..

BTW i am a fan of Pokemon.

Edited by Red Comet

The boy was pissed off because the other kids said he looked like one of the pokemon and were making fun of him, not because he was influenced by it.

Wel llast year you had the Eva murder case where if i remember, a young man murdered his mother in the name of eva.

That case is that the 22 yrs old man think that humans are parasites that are damaging the environment thus need to be exterminated. He killed his mother so as to overcome his hesitation to kill other human beings.

Sounds like the kid wasn't driven to violence because of Pokemon, sounds just like Red Comet said. Society passing the buck. Sounds like he was driven to violence by a society that allows kids to brutally humilate other kids and get away with it, while we tell the victim to suck it up and take it.

Sounds like he was driven to violence by a society that allows kids to brutally humilate other kids and get away with it,

And it's nothing new...been going on sense the dawn of man :rolleyes:

while we tell the victim to suck it up and take it.

There is much truth to the old, old rhyme "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" <_<

There is much truth to the old, old rhyme "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" <_<

Except its not true.

i've been more deeply hurt by words than any kind of "beating" i've taken, and i've been in a number of fights.

Except its not true.

i've been more deeply hurt by words than any kind of "beating" i've taken, and i've been in a number of fights.

idiots :rolleyes:

Except its not true.

And you deserved every single one of them. ;)

words can ONLY hurt you if YOU let them...until you realise that, until you understand how "queer", "gay", even "nigger" lost thier sharp hurtfull edge over the years...until you comprehend this, then yes...you whiny little bitch, you deserve every bit of it :lol:

"I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me."

Ta-daaaaa!!!

(Oh and btw, wanna see what will happen if I walk into a gay bar and start yelling

discriminating profanities? least that will happen is: I get arrested

All nice to say "words don't hurt if you won't let them" tell that to minorities and ask yourself why it's against the law)

post-26-1079296796.gif

Ta-daaaaa!!!

(Oh and btw, wanna see what will happen if I walk into a gay bar and start yelling

All nice to say "words don't hurt if you won't let them" tell that to minorities and ask yourself why it's against the law)

OMFG

most screwed up .gif of the year award goes to the schoolgirl massacre.

I thought nothing would dethrone to the toonoki nuts gif.

Edit, which ironically Jolly Rogers is using that very gif now. Something I almost did but just couldn't for some reason. It is damn funny though.

Edited by Anubis

Same thing will happen if you go into that gay bar, stand in the corner and repeatedly scream "ROSEBUD!" at the top of your lungs over and over again until the cops are called...course anytime you act in devient ways that is likely to happen.

Words are words...just sounds carried through the air...it's the ideas and meanings the you associate with them that gives them such power...without that association words are meaningless

Why do you think homosexuals call each other "gay" and "queer"...why do you think blacks call each other "nigger"?

Those words were used as taunts against them, but one day they wisened up and adopted the words, took them as a badge of honor inorder to defuse the painfull associations they carried.

Some kid taunts you, calls you all sorts of things...those taunts, those words are ment to get you to do something...the kid wants you to fight back, the kid wants you to get upset, the kid wants you to say something to the effect of "No I'm not!" when he calls you a "pussy!"...When the kid can get you mad, can get you to fight back, can get you upset with mere words...that kid then knows how to control you like a trained pet...that kid has power over you through words alone simply because you associate his taunts with pain...he knows how to rub salt on your insecurities because they reflect his own.

But you don't have to let him have that power over you...it's all in how you let his words effect you...

Most people realise this at some point, usually long after all the overated "drama" of highschool is over...and at this point the whole "words will never hurt me" concept is self evident...and thus they want to blame video games, movies, music, and TV shows for the troubles youth get into...just like thier parents did, and thiers before them...

Then again you arn't suppost to trust anyone over thirty...which is about the age you reach when you realise that everything your parents tried to tell you is true.

From the Anime News Network:
Would-be Child Murderer Attacks Classmates

Omiya Police announced on March 5th that a local boy attempted to kill several classmates over Pokemon related schoolyard taunting.

The thirteen year old student at South Omiya Junior High School in Saitama City and injured several classmates using a Japanese sword. According to police, the day before he injured them, the child was insulted by 6 classmates including boys whom he tried to kill. They reportedly likened him to a Pokemon character.

Following the incident, the child confessed " I'm Killing them" to police. The sword came from the child's own home, where his grandfather used it as decoration.

Apparently, Pokemon is too violent for kids.

Pokemon fan attacks classmates, huh? did you even bother reading it? where does he say he was a pokemon fan?

Let's see the good side! maybe with this they'll stop doing POS shows like Pokemon, Digimon and Yugioh!!! None of 'em are worth sh--t!

why? they kid coudl have said he looks liek earny and burt. Or like basara or like hikaru. no mor emacross.

Let's see the good side! maybe with this they'll stop doing POS shows like Pokemon, Digimon and Yugioh!!! None of 'em are worth sh--t!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I need Pokemon shows and other bad shows to make fun of!

Nahh! you can have enough to make fun of with most of the really crappy and stupid Cartoon Network shows, not to worry about since they suck big time!... Gee! I need a good Jap animation channel here in the states! Sorry for those CN fans but I've still have to see a good non cut show on that channel, it's way to Americanised now

IMHO This just proves that pokemons can be as harmful to a child as grand theft auto... In other words, is not a particular game or cartoon that creates violence.

A good parent is supposed to prepare a child to live in this harsh world we live. And including teaching them that people out there are not always nice, but you should not retaliate with a sword when someone calls you a pikachu...

IMHO This just proves that pokemons can be as harmful to a child as grand theft auto... In other words, is not a particular game or cartoon that creates violence.

A good parent is supposed to prepare a child to live in this harsh world we live. And including teaching them that people out there are not always nice, but you should not retaliate with a sword when someone calls you a pikachu...

Umm, if by that you mean that games like Pokemon and GTA are completely harmless, and that it's the parents, teachers, and kids in question who are all to blame for this incident, then sure. I agree.

Same thing will happen if you go into that gay bar, stand in the corner and repeatedly scream "ROSEBUD!" at the top of your lungs over and over again until the cops are called...course anytime you act in devient ways that is likely to happen.

Words are words...just sounds carried through the air...it's the ideas and meanings the you associate with them that gives them such power...without that association words are meaningless

Why do you think homosexuals call each other "gay" and "queer"...why do you think blacks call each other "nigger"?

Those words were used as taunts against them, but one day they wisened up and adopted the words, took them as a badge of honor inorder to defuse the painfull associations they carried.

Some kid taunts you, calls you all sorts of things...those taunts, those words are ment to get you to do something...the kid wants you to fight back, the kid wants you to get upset, the kid wants you to say something to the effect of "No I'm not!" when he calls you a "pussy!"...When the kid can get you mad, can get you to fight back, can get you upset with mere words...that kid then knows how to control you like a trained pet...that kid has power over you through words alone simply because you associate his taunts with pain...he knows how to rub salt on your insecurities because they reflect his own.

But you don't have to let him have that power over you...it's all in how you let his words effect you...

Most people realise this at some point, usually long after all the overated "drama" of highschool is over...and at this point the whole "words will never hurt me" concept is self evident...and thus they want to blame video games, movies, music, and TV shows for the troubles youth get into...just like thier parents did, and thiers before them...

Then again you arn't suppost to trust anyone over thirty...which is about the age you reach when you realise that everything your parents tried to tell you is true.

boot camp can drive this lesson home pretty well but it's easier if you already learned it ;)

Why is it parents always want to pass the blame. Bevis and butthead, lawn darts, jetfire's blunted nose, child proof lighters, the original silly putty [granted that one was justifiable :blink: ]... the list goes on. stupid people shouldn't breed!

I soooooo can't wait till the next childs cold medicine taste so good the kids actually want to take it... just think of the implications.

There's also this one: schoolgirlslam.gif

Less gory, kind of hypnotic. :blink::blink::blink:

Looks like the guys are getting hurt more that time. :lol:

That is one of the few things I have heard recently that makes teh most sense. Thank you very much MSW for that. :)