Official VF-4 Order Thread

Angel's Fury

(Moderators, Can We Get This Thread Pinned Please?)

This was discussed in the VB-6 Konig Monster & VF-4 Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the LATEST NEWS:

As of now, this project still remains on hold. More updates will follow, as soon as I get hold of further developments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The order in which they are listed does not mean you will get their kit first. That will have to be determined as the project goes along, based upon the free kit for the owner, if he wants one.

The price of this kit and the process of payment is yet to be determined. The molds can only be used for a determined number of copies, so if you request more than (1) kit, other people down the list will have to wait based upon the number available.

Please post or send a Private Message to me and I will add you to the list. I will put you in the undecided list if you're not totally committed to buying this kit.

For now, here are some sketchy details of this kit. Lists of confirmed, yet to be confirmed and undecided buyers are listed below:

1/72 IHP/Liquid Stone Full Variable VF-4 Recast Kit:

Recaster: ???

Decals: ???

Screws: ???

Box: ???

Box Art: ???

Instructions: ???

Box

VF-4_BOX.JPG

Fighter Mode

VF-4f.jpg

Gerwalk Mode

VF-4g.jpg

Battroid Mode

VF-4b.jpg

The official buyers list for the VF-4G:

VF-4G in 1/72 Scale:

Confirmed:

wind cloud (1) confirmed

tom64ss (1) confirmed

ChristopherB (1) confirmed

Eternal D (1) confirmed

Grayson72 (1) confirmed

Zeta Otaku (1) confirmed

Skull Leader (1) confirmed

xstoys (1) confirmed

Tristan Lindo (1) confirmed

UNSpacy (1) confirmed

Pat S (1) confirmed

Noyhauser (1) confirmed

neptunesurvey (1) confirmed

DARTHTODD (1) confirmed

Myersjessee (1) confirmed

ghostYF (1) confirmed

min (1) confirmed

pfunk (1) confirmed

Chindenathus (2) confirmed

neova (2) confirmed

007-vf1 (1) confirmed

dyowelb (1) confirmed

rnurmin (1) confirmed

Jasonc (1) confirmed

isamu_dyson (1) confirmed

flash (1) confirmed

Confirmation pending:

Carl (wwwmwww) (1)

major tom (1)

tank (1)

Undecided:

Melissa (trueblueeyes)??

LocoMacross??

bigkid24 ??

Edited by Angel's Fury

and maybe I'll attempt to put something in for the box art.... (Don't call it 100%, maybe 40%.... I''ll try to get my friend to photoshop what I can put together)....

when will you need it by?

Well, Christopher, Melissa, Carl or Valkyrie might know something about that. They're somewhat trying to set up a contest for the cover art that'll be used for the box cover. I've only volunteered to be the judge for the competition. I think it'll be set up in the Fan Art section of the forum. Read pages 14 to last page of the VB-6 Konig Monster & VF-4 Thread to find out more.

Stephen

Thanks for the heads up Valkyrie. Btw, do you know who is the recaster? or who will do the decals? or provide the screws?

Edited by Angel's Fury

Thanks for the heads up Valkyrie. Btw, do you know who is the recaster? or who will do the decals? or provide the screws?

Like I said, no one has comitted to it yet. We have no caster for the project yet, and therefore, the project is dead in the water for the time being. So assigning other tasks like box art, decals, etc. at this point would be rather fruitless, if you ask me.

Come on guys, have a little patience :D

Angel's Fury,

Damn dude, you are on the ball! ;)

I like the way you did the thread, and including the pictures was a great idea, I'll have to do that as well.

We need more members like you here at MW.

Polite, proactive, and you like Yuna. :p

Everything that you have posted looks correct. Perhaps we can try to and see if Devin will handle the decals for this kit as well, but it is up to him. He will do the best job, that is for sure.

We never talked about the box art for the VF-4G, while the kit itself was discussed, it took a backseat to the VB-6, so the details are not as clear at this time.

I'm sure that all will be revealed. I am as excited as everyone else, but until we get more information, some things will be speculative.

Chindenathus,

Taken care of in the VB-6 thread. ;)

$750.00 on the VB-6 alone, that's quite a purchase.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

When the kit is available, I will take two of course.

But Valkyrie is right...we don't have anyone to re-cast this kit as of yet. I haven't talked to the owner but there is a possibility that our other anonymous re-caster can do this kit while Ken does the monster. No promises yet though. I'll see what I find out when I call the owner tomorrow. But as of right this moment, the VB-6 re-cast is a definite go while the VF-4G is TBD. We'll get it, just not right now. So please don't get too impatient! :) I promise updates as we get them though.

Thanks,

Melissa

Angel's Fury,

Damn dude, you are on the ball! ;)

I like the way you did the thread, and including the pictures was a great idea, I'll have to do that as well.

We need more members like you here at MW.

Polite, proactive, and you like Yuna. :p

Everything that you have posted looks correct.  Perhaps we can try to and see if Devin will handle the decals for this kit as well, but it is up to him.  He will do the best job, that is for sure.

We never talked about the box art for the VF-4G, while the kit itself was discussed, it took a backseat to the VB-6, so the details are not as clear at this time.

I'm sure that all will be revealed.  I am as excited as everyone else, but until we get more information, some things will be speculative.

Chindenathus,

Taken care of in the VB-6 thread. ;)

$750.00 on the VB-6 alone, that's quite a purchase.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Thanks for the compliment Christopher! That's why I joined this community in the first place. Being in a community with knowledgeable, mature-minded people makes me feel at home.

When the kit is available, I will take two of course.

But Valkyrie is right...we don't have anyone to re-cast this kit as of yet. I haven't talked to the owner but there is a possibility that our other anonymous re-caster can do this kit while Ken does the monster. No promises yet though. I'll see what I find out when I call the owner tomorrow. But as of right this moment, the VB-6 re-cast is a definite go while the VF-4G is TBD. We'll get it, just not right now. So please don't get too impatient!  I promise updates as we get them though.

Thanks,

Melissa 

I'll certainly try to keep this thread up to date as soon as I get the latest updates on this project.

I have PMed Angel's Fury. I have a friend who is the resin production shop for a well known resin Wargames Terrain company. If there are enough orders (22 being a good ammount), he may be interested in getting his shop to do this as a side job. This includes creating the moulds. Obviously since this is a recast item this would be completely unoffilated with his other clients who should remain unmentioned. It would most probably be a limited run kit also. Im working to hook up him and Angel's Fury directly.

Its possible that you guys could send him the origonal, and a set of Decals from whoever is doing the decals, and he would just handle there rest (recasting resin and metal bits, boxing, packaging, shipping, etc.) I dont know how their shop works really. That would be for Angel and him to work out.

Irishman

P.S> *IF* it works out. This is just me speaking for a friend. I dont want anyones hopes to get too high.

Edited by irishman

I have PMed Angel's Fury. I have a friend who is the resin production shop for a well known resin Wargames Terrain company. If there are enough orders (22 being a good ammount), he may be interested in getting his shop to do this as a side job. This includes creating the moulds. Obviously since this is a recast item this would be completely unoffilated with his other clients who should remain unmentioned. It would most probably be a limited run kit also. Im working to hook up him and Angel's Fury directly.

Its possible that you guys could send him the origonal, and a set of Decals from whoever is doing the decals, and he would just handle there rest (recasting resin and metal bits, boxing, packaging, shipping, etc.) I dont know how their shop works really. That would be for Angel and him to work out.

Irishman

P.S> *IF* it works out. This is just me speaking for a friend. I dont want anyones hopes to get too high.

Hey that's great news, as long as this doesn't turn into a "send me all your money and I'll eventually get around to sending you the kits" sort of deal. Know what I mean?

Well since this is basically recasting someone elses design, I dont really want to mention the name of the company. However if you think "Who are the biggest makers of resin terrain for wargames" There are two. He does all the casting for one of them. He has a shop and employees, so this is a professional job, not a guy out of his garage.

Ive turned it over to the people who are looking for the recast, as Im not directly involved. I have told them his personal information and the company so they have all the details.

Irishman

Hey that's great news, as long as this doesn't turn into a "send me all your money and I'll eventually get around to sending you the kits" sort of deal.  Know what I mean?

Well its whatever deal they work out with his shop. What I would think it would run along the lines of him getting the origonal, making the moulds, casting a few, and then showing the finished product, and then people can make orders.

irishman and Angel's Fury,

I wanted to let both of you know that I received your PM's, and I appreciate your interest.

Honestly, I want to see the VF-4G project completed just as badly as the VB-6, but as of right now, only the VB-6 has a confirmed recaster, and so only the VB-6 is actually moving forward right now.

Why you ask?

Well because the owner of the 1/72 IHP VF-4G has not indicated who he will trust to recast the kit, unlike the fact that he has selected Valkyrie to handle the VB-6. For all of our talk and input, it really comes down to what he wants, and that is fair; however, I'm sure he/she takes into account several factors, such as trustworthiness, experience, reputation and so forth. If the person/company "irishman" has suggested is approved by the owner, then we can move forward. As far as I know, only Melissa and possibly Ken (Valkyrie) have direct access to the owner of the VF-4G, so they would have to relay the information.

Another possibility is Carl, who owns both a 1/100 VF-4G and 1/72 VF-4G transformable kits, and I believe he offered to let them be recasted as well.

Just a few things to keep in mind about who can select the recaster for the VF-4G, Ken is working on the VB-6. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Actually Ken, Carl, and I all have access to the owner. And Chris is right..the decision is ultimately the owner's. This kit is more complicated than many think with many small and delicate parts plus the concern with the metal landing gears, vacuum formed canopies, screws, and some kotibuya and/or wave option parts that might be needed to complete this kit. I know Carl had a certain re-caster in mind, but I don't know how that stands as Carl is busy with his move and neither the owner nor I have heard from him.

That said, if someone would like to PM with the contact info for this new re-caster, I will be more than happy to pass the info on to the owner... since he is the one who will ultimately make the decision. I should also point out that our own very talented MW member Rhoby is interested in possibly re-casting the VF-4 as well. So I would say we are getting there and thanks to you all for your interest. Just be a patient a little while longer...it will be worth it since it seems we will soon have two very nice kits available! :)

Melissa

Melissa,

Thanks, didn't mean to leave out Carl, but as you and I said, the decision is up to the owner of the kit.

Has anyone contacted Noel regarding the source he used for his Club M 1/48 Ultimate Strike? As many of us know, he was able to provide white metal landing gear, the clear canopy, decals and photo-etched parts.

Carl mentioned he would be away during his move, and he has a lot of confidence in the recaster he mentioned, but if that falls through, Rhoby has my vote as well. The JM recasts I purchased from him are very, very nice.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Just wanted to let everyone know that the VF-4 is on hold per the kit owner's request until we hear from Carl and/or his re-caster. :) Thanks to everyone for their interest and their understanding. The offers of help are appreciated but there are valid reasons (which I can not go into here) for taking this path. Just wanted to update. And again, thanks to the kit owner for his willingness to help! :)

Sincerely,

Melissa Reid

Just wanted to let everyone know that the VF-4 is on hold per the kit owner's request until we hear from Carl and/or his re-caster. :) Thanks to everyone for their interest and their understanding. The offers of help are appreciated but there are valid reasons (which I can not go into here) for taking this path. Just wanted to update. And again, thanks to the kit owner for his willingness to help! :)

Sincerely,

Melissa Reid

cool. thanks for all your hard work Melissa! Your the BEST!!!!