My poor baby.

Vostok 7

Mods, please leave this up until Monday or so if you would be so kind. It means alot to me :(

My car was pwn3d by a Civic at 1:30am this morning :(

I was on I405 south of Seattle going to Puallyup to spend the night to get ready for a car show at 9am this morning in Tacoma.

Cruising along at 60 (the speed limit) and Mr. 80's Civic decides to use the shoulder/merging zone of a onramp for a passing lane, and didn't quite make it clipping my front end. :( :(

He didn't stop (and I'm glad he didn't or I'd be charged for murder right now) and I didn't get his license #, but the police were nice and they will look (like they're aren't 1million blue '80s Civic hatches in Renton (roughly where it happened) alone). Hopefully my insurance will take care of me.

So yeah, Akanie is hurting :( :(

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/vostok_7/shownshine_083003

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

much sympathy goes out to you vostok. People suck these days, I hope the guy who clipped ya got a nasty paint scratch too.

like he would have noticed :rolleyes:

His car was a POS. Seriously.

I was major bummed, but fortunately the guys in my club and a few notable others ( ;):ph34r: ) kept me sane. I was able to joke about it (hence the bandaid on my fender :lol: )

Vostok 7

Sorry to hear that man. At least you're safe and well.

Edited by Alpha Omega

Ouch...poor pretty scooby.

I would have dropped the clutch, busted it in 4th and tailed the SOB to get his lisc plate. Your turbo coulda handled it. Punk deserves to get his lisc revoked for not pulling over.

WHAT NO PINK BADGE, FOR SHAME...

Edited by wrylac

:blink: oooooooohhh, I don't even want to look at that now... what a dropkick that guy was. Mate if i were you i would have given him a kickbox to the head...hope your insurance company looks after ya. :unsure:

......some ppl have no respect......

spit on them and die painfully....well, maybe not.

just die painfully...........

:angry::angry::angry:

I'm really sorry to hear about the damages to your car... I'd be pretty pissed if my bike (since I don't own a car) was smashed into...

If it's any consolation, if they do catch the guy who did the hit and run, they can PROVE that he did it. They'd be able to match your paint on his car to yours.

Anyways hope it gets better soon!

I feel for you. Someone clipped my new trunk in my office's parking lot last week, and they drove off as well. Fortunately, there are cameras in our parking lot and they caught the whole thing, and I was able to have the police go to this ladies house, and am in the process of collecting my money for the damages. Turns out, she is also a secretary for the same company I work for, and I could have gotten her fired on top of it, but I was in a rare generous mood and let it slide since she had gotten in enough trouble over it, and she was young, and I believe it was her parents that had to foot the bill anyway. <_< !@#$%^&*() Still get pissed thinking about it. !@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

I'm guessing the numbnuts in the civic most likely did not have any insurance, had a bunch of tickets on his or her license or possibly was drunk out of their skull... All in all Vostok I'd be glad to be alive with a battle scar than think about what might have happened if his steering pinions had buckled at that speed. we could be talking to you in the hostpital right now. :(

On the flip side of the coin this anus needs to be shot. There was a time in america when common courtesy and politeness ruled the roads and if someone clipped you they would pull over and exchange information... nowadays you get the finger while they speed off.

Makes a man want to load up that shotgun, put on some football pads and bring law and order to the streets.

I feel for you. Someone clipped my new trunk in my office's parking lot last week, and they drove off as well. Fortunately, there are cameras in our parking lot and they caught the whole thing, and I was able to have the police go to this ladies house, and am in the process of collecting my money for the damages. Turns out, she is also a secretary for the same company I work for, and I could have gotten her fired on top of it, but I was in a rare generous mood and let it slide since she had gotten in enough trouble over it, and she was young, and I believe it was her parents that had to foot the bill anyway. <_< !@#$%^&*() Still get pissed thinking about it. !@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

Someone hit your truck too??? I remember we were just talking about you getting a new truck. People don't have any respect. I once opened my door a little too hard and I dinged the car next to me, so I left a note. The owner called me and said not to worry about it. Life should be so simple...

why didn't you chase him down? i'd have to laugh if a wrx coudlnt' catch a civic. if some idiot hit my car it'd be all i could to do not chase his arse and run him off the road.... er.. um.. i mean get his insurance info and resolve the issue. i've had too many close calls from jerks in crap-mobiles. really gets me goin.

btw, as a car guy i go to car shows every now and again, but i always go to classic car shows. at classic car shows 90% of the storys are about how we found, and rebuilt our cars. what to guys at new-car shows talk about?

just currious.

Edited by KingNor

haha, i knew it had to be your car when i read your topic title.

that sucks man, you can always be the best driver but then other people go n mess it up for you. you should have gave chase to the other guy till you at least got the plates. i doubt his car could have gotten away from you.

if this happened to me i would be pissed n sad at the same time :blink:

I feel for you. Someone clipped my new trunk in my office's parking lot last week, and they drove off as well. Fortunately, there are cameras in our parking lot and they caught the whole thing, and I was able to have the police go to this ladies house, and am in the process of collecting my money for the damages. Turns out, she is also a secretary for the same company I work for, and  I could have gotten her fired on top of it, but I was in a rare generous mood and let it slide since she had gotten in enough trouble over it, and she was young, and I believe it was her parents that had to foot the bill anyway. <_<  !@#$%^&*() Still get pissed thinking about it.  !@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

Someone hit your truck too??? I remember we were just talking about you getting a new truck. People don't have any respect. I once opened my door a little too hard and I dinged the car next to me, so I left a note. The owner called me and said not to worry about it. Life should be so simple...

Yeah, and it was less than a month old. :( I'm getting a really nice paint job outta it though. :D

tough break V, but at least its just a glancing blow. a couple years ago i clipped a fencepost in my ex-girlfriends driveway at less than 5 mph in my subaru and broke the turn light and chewed up the fender to the point where the only possible repair was replacement, it didn't affect the driving, but it was a bit of an eyesore. and then a couple months ago a soccer mom backed into the rear door on the driver's side when she didn't see me next to her. she was in the wrong turning lane pulling out of a parking lot. a very minor dent, but still.

hope they catch the guy.

Edited by motley

tough break V, but at least its just a glancing blow. a couple years ago i clipped a fencepost in my ex-girlfriends driveway at less than 5 mph in my subaru and broke the turn light and chewed up the fender to the point where the only possible repair was replacement, it didn't affect the driving, but it was a bit of an eyesore. and then a couple months ago a soccer mom backed into the rear door on the driver's side when she didn't see me next to her. she was in the wrong turning lane pulling out of a parking lot. a very minor dent, but still.

hope they catch the guy.

and i thought i had bad luck...

my problems so far:

1st car ('85 626 Diesel LX) : bad wiring behind dash

2nd car ('85 Audi GT) : totally messed up wiring in the engine bay

3rd car ('89 LeMans hatch) : I snapped the camshaft in half! plus i received the car with a rod punched thru the block, result: went from a 1.6 to a 2.0 (only problem with that was: 1.6 computer) i snapped the 2.0's camshaft, in case ur wondering.

4th car ('89 4-cyl Mustang "Ford's Abomination!") : Ford screwed up the auto tranny's design, result: speed now restricted to 45mph

5th car ('69 Ford Falcon Futura 4 door) : it's just plain old, but it's my first project car. I lucked out too, '68 302 .030 over, spring stiffeners in back, old 600cfm holley 4 barrel. I just have to derustify it.

and mind u, i had all 5 cars before i turned 18!

My first year of driving I was t-boned by a bitch doing 60 in a 25.

And just like this time, I had just spent a whole bunch of time and money getting the car ready for car shows.

So obviously, I can't spend any time/money on my cars anymore of this crap happens lol.

Vostok 7

I totally feel for you! Not long ago, I went to my local mall, and when I can out, somone had dented the driver's side quater panel right above the headlight on my Mitsubishi! I didn't have have 10,000 miles on her! Now I'm saving to have the dent fixed and repainted, instead of getting the spoiler I wanted, because the repairs will probably cost less than my insurance deductible.

@#$%&>!!!!! That sucks beyond words, Vostok! If you find that a-hole, make sure you force feed him that POS civic, rivet by rivet. :angry:

Makes a man want to load up that shotgun, put on some football pads and bring law and order to the streets.

You're damn right!

We'll see you on the road, scag! See you on the road like we saw the Night Rider!!

*starts sawing off his shotgun*