VE-1 and VT-1 pics and mini review

twinmoons

Thanks for the review Tamim, nice pics too :)

Thanks for the review. I ordered these already, but I'm not all that thrilled with the look.

• The head on the VT-1 looks huge in fighter mode
  • The spacing between the fighter top, fast pack and dome looks odd on the VE-1
  • Can the done go over the head of the VE-1 in battroid mode?

Thanks for the review. I ordered these already, but I'm not all that thrilled with the look.

• The head on the VT-1 looks huge in fighter mode
  • The spacing between the fighter top, fast pack and dome looks odd on the VE-1
  • Can the done go over the head of the VE-1 in battroid mode?

well, the dome can go over the head of the ve-1, but it doesn't stay in place mainly due to the weight of everything pulling it back.

I think it looks like a sombrero :lol:

Not much more room to push the dish forward:

ve1-13.jpg

Edited by twinmoons

Glad I decided to pass on these...

If Yamato doesn't do them in 1/48 then maybe I'll pick em up in a year or so.

But these are far too detailed and have far too many features to be crammed into the 1/60 platform. Probably why I got rid of all my 1/60's. Too small, not enough room for detail.

The prototype Elint looked a LOT better as far as where the dish sat above the head...looks like they changed the design of the dish attachment or something...oh well still pretty excited about these releases...

untitled.jpg

Edited by Manji

:angry::angry: Indeed, they looked nice.

Yup, I hope Yamato released them in 1/48 too because that's the only line I'll be collecting.

Actually, I hope they DON'T release them in 1/48 because if the boxes are going to be proportionally bigger, I want no part of it. These boxes are big to the point that it's vulgar. It's killing us with the shipping costs from overseas, and I see no reason for them to be this big. They could've fit these in the same boxes that fit the Super Max and Millia.

I wonder why the boxes are so big?

Sorry to offend the Elintseeker lovers out there, but that has to be the stupidest looking Battroid mode out of any Macross mech I've ever seen. Fighter mode looks good but I'll pass on this one.

Even though I swore off the 1/60 line, I might pick up that Super O. Looks good. I'll just keep it in fighter mode I guess. Maybe Gerwalk every once in awhile.

Twinmoons did you push in the new backpack lock on the VE and VT-1s? Shawn was displaying these yesterday at the MW Con-3 and showed us the lock, basically you just push down on the back pack and it locks in place. The radar on his seemed to go up higher as well, probably due to the lock. It will also keep the backpacks up right.

Twinmoons did you push in the new backpack lock on the VE and VT-1s? Shawn was displaying these yesterday at the MW Con-3 and showed us the lock, basically you just push down on the back pack and it locks in place. The radar on his seemed to go up higher as well, probably due to the lock. It will also keep the backpacks up right.

Thanks for that info. I did try it today and actually it has been staying up pretty well. It took a good push. I'm just too careful with these I guess 'cause I'm too dang afraid of breaking the parts.

Stupid question

is the Elint supposed to have hands?

I thought the sensorarrays replaced them

Hmm, well the sensor arrays attach to the arms. Actually, I can't remember seeing it in battroid mode in the animes. I'll have to look into that one!

Yes, the VE-1 is supposed to have hands. See the lineart on page # 44 of the Macross Design Works book.

No, the VT-1 is not supposed to have arm FAST Packs. See page # 42 of the Macross Design Works book. Bandai got this wrong with the 1/55 Super Ostrich.

Tamim, thanks for the reviews, guess that means I don't have to do any now....ah time to relax B)

Graham

Yes, the VE-1 is supposed to have hands. See the lineart on page # 44 of the Macross Design Works book.

No, the VT-1 is not supposed to have arm FAST Packs. See page # 42 of the Macross Design Works book. Bandai got this wrong with the 1/55 Super Ostrich.

Tamim, thanks for the reviews, guess that means I don't have to do any now....ah time to relax B)

Graham

LOL. Oh no!! We still want yours or it won't be official :D

Tamim, thanks for the reviews, guess that means I don't have to do any now....ah time to relax  B)

Graham

LOL. Oh no!! We still want yours or it won't be official :D

Yeah G, we want your official review :D .

Yeah G-man

It's like an AreaSeven anime-review without Areaseven

the Coke without the Cola

the mexicans without their sombreros

my paycheck without taxes (I'd wish! )

a Macross collection without a GPB-Armor

the Sado-masochist without...... uhmmmz,.. nevermind, you get the point

*No budgees were harmed in the making of this post

So how much of the excess on the VE-1 is removable? Or are the sensor pods, FAST legs, and dish, not removable after putting together?

Everything is removable, except for the piece that connects the radar dish to the backpack. You can´t dettach that arm.

It´s fine by me cause no matter what mode I´ll display my VE I´ll leave the armor on (that´s what makes this valk unique) :D

Graham

:angry::angry: Interesting, where can I find this so called Macross Design Works book? Is that the full title/name of that book?

Better yet, what are some of the good books that have all of the Macross valks images in term of designs and all references such as specification?