Custom Toys Ideas Thread

Aegis!

First of all this aint another custom showcase thread , we already have the custom toys section on the main page so I´m not asking for a second one.

I´m starting this thread with the intention of opening a space where our creative minds can express themselves freely.

So , If anyone is working on any unusual customs (be it 1/48s , 1/60s or whatever) such as special colour schemes or mods please post your ideas here.

I was thinking of giving a 1/48 VF-1A a MS Gundam colour scheme , with the classic colours and all. Another idea that ocurred to me was to paint a VF-1J or S with the Smokescreen WRC Subaru Impreza colour scheme , but to do that I first have to find some decals of such WRC car.

I hope some of our local customisers can contribute with their original ideas in this thread.

thanks

I'm working on a couple of Banprestos. The little valks don't recieve enough attention. Gonna turn them into fairly nice toys. Most of what I'm doing is in a post in the toy modding forum. Right now I'm working on making the right hand actually hold the gun. I might even mod the FAST packs with a strike style twin beam cannon. (or maybe two) :ph34r:

Custom paint is a must, so I'm working on a gray/blue/silver scheme. The cannon fodder will of course remain in it's original colors.

im doing a 1/72 minmay guard with soft baby pink color scheme and cream decals.

got the idea when i first saw the hasegawa kit.

minmay has a concert in paris and there are her guards around, but what does she ride in to come to perform???

therefore i hatched the idea for the color scheme, with a VF1S two seater, with hikaru piloting the valk to send her to her concert.

hey, it's pink, gives it a feminine feel..

lol

any suggestion for this? i would love to hear it as im still a modelling newbie

As most everyone knows, I am working on the Armored Gerwalk for the 1/48 (yeah, if you can call it working - today was the first day I could actually devote a few straight hours to it). I'm also working on another armor conversion for the 1/48, but I am not at liberty to mention it at this time...

As most everyone knows, I am working on the Armored Gerwalk for the 1/48 (yeah, if you can call it working - today was the first day I could actually devote a few straight hours to it). I'm also working on another armor conversion for the 1/48, but I am not at liberty to mention it at this time...

Can't wait to see this when it's finished.

Graham

I would love to see or have made a 1:48 VF-1D double strike. I discussed this with a few guys before, a true strike valkyrie, loaded down with dual strike cannons, dual gunpods, maybe additional pods on the wings or just missile packs. Plus it would have to be a 1D. Any takers to make it, I will sacrifice one of my 1:48s for the cause plus pay for the parts. Color scheme would be a hard one to call though. Part of me screams midnight blue with silver white trim, like my characters fighters or a Su-35 style scheme, hmm, not sure. Oh well, I guess it's just a dream for now.

is anybody working on casting resin elint/ostrich kits for the 1/48 yamatos? i would think that if you used a strike/super kit as a base that it shouldn't be to hard to make all those pieces.the nose section would be hard i guess,but 2 pilots could be fitted in there with the right talent working on it.the whole cockpit would have to be gutted & redesigned,but that wouldn't be to hard right?

im doing a 1/72 minmay guard with soft baby pink color scheme and cream decals.

got the idea when i first saw the hasegawa kit.

minmay has a concert in paris and there are her guards around, but what does she ride in to come to perform???

therefore i hatched the idea for the color scheme, with a VF1S two seater, with hikaru piloting the valk to send her to her concert.

hey, it's pink, gives it a feminine feel..

lol

any suggestion for this? i would love to hear it as im still a modelling newbie

The color scheme sounds interesting and all...but would Hikaru pilot a PINK valk?!? LOL! :lol:

Besides, he probably has better things to do...like save the world or something then become a chaffeur.

Can't wait! Any possibility of recasts when its done?

I've been thinking of one, but I have neither the financial nor artistic wherewithal to pull it off.

It starts with a VF-1D (probably 1/60). Swap the head for a VF-1S. Add FAST packs (Super rather than Strike, unless it's a Dual Strike: I'm just into symmetry like that). Of course, a repaint is in order, something like the Blue Roses scheme.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I have no modding skillz. Models requiring glue are beyond my capability, and I doubt I have better paint skills. So even if something like this were to be built, it wouldn't be by me.

Second, this would require at least 2 donor valks: either a -1S Strike for the arm packs, head, and RMS-1s, plus a Super -1J for the backpack units (either could donate the leg packs); or a -1S regular plus a Max or Milia -1J. This in addition to the VF-1D to put all this onto.

Since I currently have neither the money nor the artistic "slick" to pull this off, this will probably continue to just be a pipe-dream for me... <_<

is anybody working on casting resin elint/ostrich kits for the 1/48 yamatos? i would think that if you used a strike/super kit as a base that it shouldn't be to hard to make all those pieces.the nose section would be hard i guess,but 2 pilots could be fitted in there with the right talent working on it.the whole cockpit would have to be gutted & redesigned,but that wouldn't be to hard right?

Ah, yes, the Elint and Ostrich - two other customs I am going to work on at some point. Yes, you can canibalize the super armor to make the armor for the Elint and Ostirch (though, the Ostrich armor is much more difficult due to it's egg shape). I am planning on doing these after the AG project - and yes, everything I make will be recast. The main difficulty with the Elint/Ostrich will be the cockpit - since it's a bubble canopy, versus the normal VF-1 canopy, I'm going to have to extend the cockpit, and modify the chestplate to work properly. Haven't fully looked at it yet - and, to tell the truth, I am giving Yamato an opportunity to make these, since it'd be easier on me - but, if they don't, I do plan on tackling both these guys (the Ostrich first).

ah,most excellent fulcy!!!! i'm glad someone was considering this project. since it's you that's working on this,i know the final product will be a quality 1. keep us posted with how it's going(if it's not too secret). ;)

Wow , I didn´t expect so much awesome ideas , excellent contributions guys.

Always thought an F1 or CART paint/sticker scheme would look cool as a "racing" valkyrie.

http://www.mschumacher.com/ms99-australiangp-slide.jpg

http://www.jonnykane.com/images/photos/tkg00/portland1.jpg

or give one a Shelby paint job. 

http://www.nvsaac.com/photogallery/images/...0/67GT500_1.jpg

I was thinking of the same concept , giving valkyries classic racing cars colour schemes , like WRC kinda colour schemes , I personally was thinking of buying a 1/48 1S reissue and giving it a Castrol colour scheme , though I know it pretty hard to acomplish such a complex (for me at last) colour scheme on a valk I think it´s a neat idea.

I like the idea of the Shelby paint job.

That would be a really amazing thing to look at , with all the greatness of the 1/48 , I can only imagine how cool a AG would look like.

On another note , I´ve realised that the best way to try out custom colour schemes without spending too much money on them is to simply buy a couple of banprestos and use the little guys as guinea pigs.

only problem with your idea with the banepresto valks, is that the model companies do not make decals that small.

Well , I was thinking more in the lines of applying only the custom colour schemes , as you said , prestos are too small for decal work and since its only for guinea pig work it wuld be a waste of money and time to apply decals to banprestoes , considering you´re using them only to see wheter a colour scheme looks good or not on a valk.

thanks for your comment anyway :lol:

I was thinking of doing up a Nousdejaul-Ger Bandai kit in German Panzer colors (kind of a Luft '46 kind of thing for lack of a better term.)

only problem with your idea with the banepresto valks, is that the model companies do not make decals that small.

Well , I was thinking more in the lines of applying only the custom colour schemes , as you said , prestos are too small for decal work and since its only for guinea pig work it wuld be a waste of money and time to apply decals to banprestoes , considering you´re using them only to see wheter a colour scheme looks good or not on a valk.

thanks for your comment anyway :lol:

Actually, I've had good luck making small scale decals with Testor's decal kits on my ink jet printer. I've fot a fairly nice looking '70's era Firebird hood decal on a Zip Zaps 2002 Firebird. It looks pretty good.

I don't expect to have much trouble on the decals I'll be printing for the Banpresto that I'm repainting. As long as you don't try to make text that's much smaller than the standard "U.N.Spacy" leg markings, it should be fine.

oh lord... where to start...

stuff that is almost done [needs touch up paint and minor bits finished]

1/55 manga spawn violator valk. Still fully transformable and more than a little twisted. Pics are in various topics like the official customs thread

1/55 end of the war jalopy... this is a last resort flying dead kind of valk I would envision seeing at towards the end of a long campaign when parts are in short supply. Basically parts from a whole bunch of different valks put together to form a funtional one. Just think joons patriot but worse and with taka parts :rolleyes:

jm jalopy... same as above kinda... could also be max and mills childs vf as it's bassically a max/milla hybrid jm.

7"Destroid hummer tomahawk [has headers and a spikey bit], 7" jamacian h2o custom tomahawk [still needs pot leaf decals :rolleyes: ] and various other 7" bastardized destroids

bastardized 1/144 die-cast destroids. Just think of destroids armed above the bounds of good taste as 1/144 and gi-joe weapons work well together.

stuff that is in progress [i have almost all the parts I need... I just need to do it/finish doing it]

SDF-1 [matchbox transformable] with the zentraedi ships as arms. What can I say but I have an sdf missing the arms and a couple of the zen ship kits and thought to myself... that could be cool. Granted... according to scale the sdf would be absolutely friggin huge as the kits come with an itsy bitsy teeny weeny sdf-1. Still after I paint it I think it will be a cool looking thing indeed, what with a pickle for one arm and the ship that split into two as the other.

Removable fast packs for the 1/100 die-cast vf-s. I have the leg armor finished but the arm and boosters I haven't figured out how to mount to my satisfaction yet.

removable elint armor for 1/100 die-cast. Took me forever to find a 1/100 resin seeker set so I figure I'll recast it before I frag it

spawn glaug [matchbox] I have it decked out pretty good but it need another dozen or so weapons added and a paint job

stuff a ways off from complete [i have some parts but not all that I'll need]

matchbox tactical pod conversion kit. I Finally have a beater tactical pod and I plan on making "easy install" missle pod and scout attachments for the head. This will take a little engineering as I need to basically upscale the 1/100 parts I have using putty and styrene.

1/55 vf-1musha... Lets just say it's closer to being done than you think... I just need to recast some gbp leg armor to modify and do a paint job.

1/55 vf-1knight... again I need scrap gbp leg armor which I won't be able to do for myself for a while.

1/55 exo-skelaton samurai vf... Mostly done but again needs some bits recasted so I can mount pointies to something that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I've got all sorts of cool custom weapons for the various scales but only a few valks that look good with them like my exo vf. From pole-arms to katanas, big ass bazoka's to mis-appropriated tank turrets... just think overkill

also... once I start recasting I plan on doing a whole bunch of custum 1/55 weapongs utilizing the cool seeker bit mounts that clip into the arm tracks. Toy's should have guns bigger than they are :lol:

I don't have the time, skill, or patience to do this, but I thought it would be cool to customize the new Yamato VF-0 with an Appale Genki theme. :lol:

Have the little happy head replacing the skull and crossbones... :lol: