custom 1/48 MG "Paris Act"

Jung

Here's my custom 1/48 Minmay Guard "Paris Act". Thanks to Devin for providing this great decal set!

Used a very dark grey basecoat this time, instead of the typical flat black, with flat white as the main colour. I decided to mask some areas (tail fins, blue trim on the wings, blue highlights on the leg, and the blue trim on the arms) rather than use the decals provided.

Decaling all those large decals took a lot time and patience. Probably went through half a bottle of decal softener capturing the details underneath.

I sealed the seams in the legs, arms, gunpod,head and nosecone. Damn nosecone seams splits though. It was either the force needed to remove the legs from battroid mode, or removeing the front landing gear....grrrrrrrrrrr. :angry: (sequence were battroid - gerwalk than fighter when I took the photos, you can see the sealed nosecone seams in the earlier modes)

Graham feel free to add these pics to the customs gallery.

This custom is already sold.

post-4-1078557304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jung

Dear Lord Jung.

You put some of the Model Graphix guys to shame with your 1/48 customs.

Your 1/55 were always nice but held with the limitations of inaccuracy the 1/55 had to the art. Not with the 1/48s though.

If I was rich I would commend you to custom me a whole army lol.

B))

wow...even after all the black label i had tonight...I can still see clearly enough to say...wow!

I'm so glad Jung hasn't stopped making customs. you've got some of the best customs/skills around and it'll be a shame to not see you continue your work. awesome awesome stuff.

WOW!!! :D

BTW, what does "asdf" stand for?
I believe you need text to add pics, so this is a shortcut.

Humbled again, Jung. Great Job. :D

Man, is the bar getting higher and higher around here, or what!!?!?!? ;)

As a silly question from someone who has a hard time with snap-togethers and crayons :p ,

you must have coated Devin's decals repeatedly to allow your wash/panel techniques to be used over them, right?

Was wondering how to get the lines after decals are applied without tearing them. :huh:

Great work. If I was to say anything negative I would say it looks like it has too much contrast or the weathering is too dark. However I would be more than happy to have that in my collection.

It would be cool if one of you 1/48 customizers would document, step by step, the process. If anything, just some pointers on anything tricky. If Yamato never does a VF-1A CF, I want to do a custom so it would be nice to learn a few things from the pro's.

I am GLAD I bought the 1/48 Minmey Guard decal set from Devin.

I feel depres after realizing I will make my 1/48 look like crap besides yours.

I will make my custom, then I will hide it in some dark place...

And will start crying and whining about been a looser without modelling skills at all.

ALL YOUR FAULT!

wow...even after all the black label i had tonight...I can still see clearly enough to say...wow!

I'm so glad Jung hasn't stopped making customs.  you've got some of the best customs/skills around and it'll be a shame to not see you continue your work.  awesome awesome stuff.

WOW!!!   :D

Ho! And I only treat you with red label...

I AM SO SORRY DANNY.

Next time I will have some HUANGCHIOU (spell?) FOR YOU!

Edit____ You are sooooo cool!

Edit two------ drop the Black Label and go talk with you know who. You Pussy.

Edited by Sebastian

BTW, what does "asdf" stand for?
I believe you need text to add pics, so this is a shortcut.

Humbled again, Jung. Great Job. :D

Man, is the bar getting higher and higher around here, or what!!?!?!? ;)

As a silly question from someone who has a hard time with snap-togethers and crayons :p ,

you must have coated Devin's decals repeatedly to allow your wash/panel techniques to be used over them, right?

Was wondering how to get the lines after decals are applied without tearing them. :huh:

For the MG decal set, you should use decal softener/solvent solution. This is used for waterslide decals, it softens the decals to allow you to conform it to curves and panels.

I used testors brand, I read Microsol is best, cuz it was the only brand available at my local hobby shop.

basically, after you cut the decal and let it soak in water for about 30 secs, apply some of the softening solution onto the surface where the decal is to be applied. Apply the decal, than brush some more softening solution onto the decal. Let the softening solution work for 30 mins to an hour. After this time, the decal should start conforming to details underneath. However the 1/48s have really deep panels, so you'll need to help the decal out. Wet your thumb to conform it to curves. For the panels, I dipped a toothpick in water and pressing + sliding gently.

here's a good link for tips on applying decals (the "Stonger Stuff" section covers this)

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/tnt1...Pino/tnt065.htm

I did seal the decals with a future coat before the wash, but if you don't do the above, your wash would be disastrous. Your decals would be "floating" above the panels, and when the wash gets underneath, it'll "stain" the decals.

So make sure the decals aren't "floating", otherwise do your wash before applying decals.