UC Gundam equivilent of Macross World?

Segregation of AC and UC is probably an interium solution and not the best long term thing to do. Segregation is just going to maintain or worsen the status quo, but mixing the two will force both sides to tolerate and understand each other... of course, while that is happening, it would be pretty tough on everyone's ulcers.

(In a similar vein, I don't ever recall Macross 7 getting this kind of treatment here..)

As to whether there should be a Gundam Forum.. personally, I don't think it's needed, but nice to have. There's a Gundam Mailing List which is fairly good (with Mark Simmions, Daffyd and a bunch of good people there), so an alternative is easily available.

The reason Macross 7 doesn't get a seperate treatment is because it's part of Macross canon. Having seperate areas like "This section is for discussions of UC Gundam" and "This section is for discussions of After Colony Gundam" etc would work fine, because there's not much of a need to discuss Z Gundam in the same context as Gundam W, outside of the ignorant "Zechs would beat Char's a$$!" styled topics.

Seperate areas on the same forum are different than different forums for different shows. A registered member would be free to explore and post in all the areas. In this case, new fans introduced through Seed or Wing would be able to learn about the older works, and longtime fans who happen to enjoy the AU stuff can still discuss the newer works.

Forcing the two groups to mix and hoping that they'll get along is a pipe dream. There are too many immature youths on the AU side, and too many elitists on the UC side. The two sides are just too different. It'd be like starting a music forum and expecting Kiss fans to get along with N*Sync fans. For every one person you find that's willing to have mature discussions on both, you'll find 10 older people who want to ignore the younger ones, 10 older people who want to flame the younger ones for their ignorance, and 50 younger people flaming the older people with topics like "What is this crap? Kiss sucks! Did they rip off ICP?"

A mailing list is a poor alternative for a forum. I'm not knocking mailing lists... they help to keep groups informed and provide a lot of useful news and information. But a forum is a place for discussion.

Edited by mikeszekely

Katoki didn't design Nu Gundam. CCA was 1989. Ktoki's first official work was 0083, which was 1993 (I think)

If I'm not mistaken, Nu's designer was Yutaka Izubuchi, of Patlabor fame.

Who designed the mobile fighters of G Gundam? Gonna love that guy.... :D:D

Kunio Okawara did the hero mecha (Shining and God Gundams), but Katoki designed your Nobel Gundam.

Forcing the two groups to mix and hoping that they'll get along is a pipe dream. There are too many immature youths on the AU side, and too many elitists on the UC side. The two sides are just too different.

You may have a point there, and your way may indeed work. At least an attempt should be made to integrate both sides together -- so that both sides can benefit.

A mailing list is a poor alternative for a forum.  I'm not knocking mailing lists... they help to keep groups informed and provide a lot of useful news and information.  But a forum is a place for discussion.

Not really. I find forums a magnet for flamebait really. it becomes too easy for people simply to toss an opinion without justification or without due consideration for others.

I personally find mailing lists forces me to think through what I want to say and how I want to say it, and it makes discussions more fruitful.

Katoki didn't design Nu Gundam. CCA was 1989. Ktoki's first official work was 0083, which was 1993 (I think)

What I mean is... Down with Katoki's crappy redesigns that make everything look like crap :angry:

Kunio Okawara did the hero mecha (Shining and God Gundams), but Katoki designed your Nobel Gundam.

Kunio Okawara designed many more G Gundam mechs than that. Katoki designed the Nobel Gundam (a girlified version of his Gundam ver Ka.), the Master Gundam, the Devil Gundam, and a bunch of those Death Army guys, if I recall.

Wrong on both counts. Katoki's first official work dates back to Zeta Gundam. They just didn't bother to credit him. If you want to count official credit, Katoki's first recognition came with Gundam Sentinel, which was before 0083.

0083 was released in 1990, not 1993. 1993 saw the release of V Gundam, in which Katoki was a mechanical designer too.

You're definitely correct on this one ;-)

What I mean is... Down with Katoki's crappy redesigns that make everything look like crap  :angry:

Katoki didn't redesign that Nu. You're blaming the wrong person.

Get some facts together before you create flamebait out of yourself, please.

Behold:

Not really. I find forums a magnet for flamebait really. it becomes too easy for people simply to toss an opinion without justification or without due consideration for others.

ADDENDUM: Can a mod please merge my two replies together? I don't need to have two consecutive posts. It bugs me, to say nothing of the "spam" I help create in the forums with consecutive posts.

Edited by Stamen0083

Didn't the master grade Nu Gundam get a slight "facelift" from Katoki?

Not as much as you'd think. That MG Nu is nowhere near what Katoki would have done if he was given the free reign.

Save the feet, this is what the Nu ver Ka. would look like:

http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/3683

Despite what people may think, Katoki doesn't have that much freedom when it comes to redesigning. Bandai screws up everything, including his designs (GM Quel, Custom, and C type, as well as the Gundam ver Ka. MG kits come to mind.) However, when given full power, his kit become absolutely flawless. Case in point, the new, up coming MG Wing Gundam ver Ka., which will be released in Japan in two days.

Kunio Okawara designed many more G Gundam mechs than that. Katoki designed the Nobel Gundam (a girlified version of his Gundam ver Ka.), the Master Gundam, the Devil Gundam, and a bunch of those Death Army guys, if I recall.

Please note that I never said Okawara didn't design more than the hero mecha. Actually, the only reason why I mentioned that he did the hero mecha was to point out that he probably did a lot more that Katoki, but that it was Katoki who designed the particular MS in question.

Please note that I never said Okawara didn't design more than the hero mecha.  Actually, the only reason why I mentioned that he did the hero mecha was to point out that he probably did a lot more that Katoki, but that it was Katoki who designed the particular MS in question.

I know. I'm just supplementing your point.

He did much more than Katoki quantity-wise, but quality-wise is very arguable.

Edited by Stamen0083

His Nobel Gundam? I'm the guy with the Mint on Card limited release pink Nobel hanging on my wall! :lol: He can't claim nobel, or her Allenby! :D

The only non-retarted Gundam fans are also Macross fans (they probably like Gundam for some nostalgic reason), hence they hang out here.

First of all, you shouldn't be allowed to call someone retarded if you can't spell it correctly. Secondly, plenty of people like Gundam that aren't Macross fans or stupid. Guess what? They don't hang out at places full of trolls and morons, like Gundam.com's message board was.

His Nobel Gundam? I'm the guy with the Mint on Card limited release pink Nobel hanging on my wall! :lol: He can't claim nobel, or her Allenby! :D

Hey! I own Nobel Gundam and she is right on my table teaching my EVA-02 tips on make-up while my Johnny Ridden Zaku keep trying to make out with her....

I probably bought her awayyyy before you... :p:p:p

Hey! I own Nobel Gundam and she is right on my table teaching my EVA-02 tips on make-up while my Johnny Ridden Zaku keep trying to make out with her....

I bet you even have this one :D

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN913554

BTW I also bet you like Char`s pinky pilot suit from 0079 :)

If they ever release a PG or MG Nobel Gundam, i will buy it... :p:p:p

That is my first and only MG kit ...

That is my first and only MG kit ...

Why did you choose this one ?! , don`t tell me cuz of Char, color or cuz of the PS2 game ?

BTW is it any good ?

Because it was on sale, and the Char colors looked cooler than the standard, they also look alot better in the actual kit that they do in the boxart images, simply because the boxart is just a repainted standard. Other than the plastic color the kit is identical to the standard one though.

Because it was on sale, and the Char colors looked cooler than the standard, they also look alot better in the actual kit that they do in the boxart images, simply because the boxart is just a repainted standard. Other than the plastic color the kit is identical to the standard one though.

The Char's Gundam actually comes with a few extra parts, not including the ones that were already extra from the Gundam ver 1.0.

These parts are new bolts for the ankle, as well as a recolored ankle guards. They all go on a different tree, since they're supposed to be brown (or black, or something), and the original pieces would have been molded in pink.