UC Gundam equivilent of Macross World?

I miss Gundam Project. They had a lot of good stuff in there. :(

Didn't the old Gundam Project meesage boards have some kind of meltdown? I was never a member there, but I recall it just shutting down one day. Peeps on one of the other boards seem to imply that it was due to all kinds of fighting and flaming by members.

No Gundam site can be to par with MW ever... Gundam sucks, Gundam has anoying little kid fans who just flame each other and talk about how their favorite MS can kick the ass of any other mecha from any other show.

The only non-retarted Gundam fans are also Macross fans (they probably like Gundam for some nostalgic reason), hence they hang out here.

...Gundam has anoying little kid fans who just flame each other and talk about how their favorite MS can kick the ass of any other mecha from any other show.

I beg to differ. I'm a huge Gundam fan, far more so than Macross, and my biggest distaste with Gundam fandom is precisely what you described. (Coincidentally, those you described mostly fall into the AU crowd.)

We're not all alike.

I'm interested in Gundam and Macross for the mecha designs. Gundam has nice mechanical designs (especially Katoki), while Macross has plenty of nice fighter designs.

Doesn't Macross fandom also have "the other crowd"? If I recall, they're called Robotech fans?

The only non-retarted Gundam fans are also Macross fans (they probably like Gundam for some nostalgic reason), hence they hang out here.

:shrug: Macross and Gundam have common elements that appeal to both crowds. I'd be surprised if there's a Gundam fan who despises Macross, and vice versa.

It was UCer verses Winger during the Great Project Wars. Mark Simmons looked on in disgust as "Wing Gundam vs RX-78" and "Plot Field" filled the annuls of his abode. Mark looked down upon the masses and saw that it was not good. That and ever since Wing aired on TV his bandwidth usage skyrocketed.

No Gundam site can be to par with MW ever... Gundam sucks, Gundam has anoying little kid fans who just flame each other and talk about how their favorite MS can kick the ass of any other mecha from any other show.

Be nice, we owe Gundam for inspiring Kawamori to make Macross.

You're precisely the last person to have any right to comment on the worth and maturity of another shows fanbase.

How is that any different from all the fans on here who complain and bitch about Robotech/Yamato toys/Macross 7/etc?

You're precisely the last person to have any right to comment on the worth and maturity of another shows fanbase.

Lemme guess, your favorite gundam can beat up the Hulk?... :lol:

You must now realize that I usually pay no attention to the loser replies of the little girly men who only post to attempt to mar the greatness of Agent ONE. Well my friend, the power and glory of Agent ONE is limitless.

The only one in this thread that has the right to take a shot at me is That NOS Guy.

I'm a fan of both. I've always prefered Macross, because Kawamori's designs are just incredible. I'm starting to lean more toward Gundam these days, though, just for the sheer ammount of material. I mean, if you watch one episode of Macross everyday, it doesn't take you too long to watch all of it. But Gundam... I tend to enjoy the AU Gundam series (I was especially impressed with Seed) as well as the AU, so at one episode a day it would take over a year to get through it all. By then, I'm ready to start over without feeling burnt out on it. And I usually do end up watching stuff over again, because I'm not really an anime fan (my collection consists of Gundam, Macross, Escaflowne, and Marmalade Boy, and that's basically everything I want), or a fan of TV in general (I watch Simpsons reruns on the WB all the time, and I'm collecting the South Park DVDs by seasons), and that's it for me.

I've kind of wished for a place to hang out and discuss Gundam stuff that's like Macross World. But I think it'd be hard for the older UC fans to get along with the pre-teen Wing fans. Maybe if the admins set it up like the Megaman Network forums? There, they have seperate areas for the seperate series. Maybe if they set up one area for UC discussions, and then an area for AU discussions or even seperate areas for each of the AU series...?

The major reason why UC and AC crowd don't mix well is because of the target audience.. by intent or by accident, Tomino's UC Gundam struck a chord with a more matured audience (late teens and young adults). There's quite a bit of subtlety involved in the UC shows, which promotes a more critical thinking process.

AC gundam, at least in the early days, was more targeted towards young teens with its bishonen and setai roots -- you can blame Gundam Wing solidly for that, by the way. In its own ways, it attracted a more.. I would use "immature crowd", but what I really mean is a crowd that does not readily think beyond the surface presentation of the series.

Unfortunately, the AC crowds are more of the "Dragonball Z" generation -- there to see big explosions and heroic exploits. :rolleyes: Heroic exploits quite different from the type shown in UC. With AC's heavier emphasis on eye candy and action, the crowd it draws is quite different from the UC crowd.

I'm not saying AC shows are all bad -- just different. Unfortunately, not all Gundam fans recognize that a difference of opinion is fine. UC fans are just as guilty as AC fans, though the youth of the AC fans tend to make things slightly worse.

Segregation of AC and UC is probably an interium solution and not the best long term thing to do. Segregation is just going to maintain or worsen the status quo, but mixing the two will force both sides to tolerate and understand each other... of course, while that is happening, it would be pretty tough on everyone's ulcers.

(In a similar vein, I don't ever recall Macross 7 getting this kind of treatment here..)

As to whether there should be a Gundam Forum.. personally, I don't think it's needed, but nice to have. There's a Gundam Mailing List which is fairly good (with Mark Simmions, Daffyd and a bunch of good people there), so an alternative is easily available.

Actually, I hate macross - the only thing I find redeeming about the series are the mecha. The Gundam storylines (and I'm only talking U.C. - A.C. can kiss my hairy yellow butt) are much more believable than anything Macross has churned out, and there are just so many different mecha to love.

Actually, I hate macross - the only thing I find redeeming about the series are the mecha. The Gundam storylines (and I'm only talking U.C. - A.C. can kiss my hairy yellow butt) are much more believable than anything Macross has churned out, and there are just so many different mecha to love.

I also wish that Macross universe can be more like Gundam in terms of storyline and also the frequency in sequels.

I wish to see Earth vs Space Colonists in Macross Fleets and epic battles where those Macross 7 class colony ships starts crashing onto Earth...

I'm a fan of both. I've always prefered Macross, because Kawamori's designs are just incredible. I'm starting to lean more toward Gundam these days, though, just for the sheer ammount of material.

You not the only one. Me as a Macross fan I should have a huge or at least a nice collection of it`s merchandise but it`s the other way around GUNDAM :)

Heck I knew Gundam since summer 1981 through it`s toys and school accessories like pencils and notebooks and even I had the Glover Gundam DX set in 1983 and yup it was all before Macross. The strange with thing Macross also I knew it from it toys and my 1`st encounter was 1/55 VF-1S Fall 1984.

By the way my best MSIA is :

1- Gundam RX-78-2 (2nd version).

2- ZZ Gundam. [i was surprised that it was very good in the possibility].

3- Gundam RX-78-2 (The Origin, giant MSIA :) )

I made an order for MSIA Z Gundam (2nd version) cuz I heard it`s far better than the Kahen-Senshi one.

KADOH SENSHI GUNDAMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Since no body thought of I think we should make a poll about your favorite MSIA, FIX, Chogokin, etc......

Yo RC I think you should be known as KADOH SENSHI PINKYDAM   :lol:  ,  BTW any pinky Gundams  :lol:

Nope, i pilot this....

Oh your such an EVIL Newtype Comet, lol! :lol:

I'm at the point in my Gundam fandom that I consider myself more of a Gundam fan then I do a Macross fan. When it comes to most of the Gundam series that cover UC 0079 - 0093, I prefer most of those UC Gundam series over most of the Macross series. I'm much more anxious to see Gundam Zeta then I am in seeing the conclusion of Macross Zero!. Since I'm a mechhead at heart, Gundam satisfies my big robot tastes.

BUT, Macross DYRL trumps everything for me. B))

Since no body thought of I think we should make a poll about your favorite MSIA, FIX, Chogokin, etc......

Yo RC I think you should be known as KADOH SENSHI PINKYDAM   :lol:  ,  BTW any pinky Gundams  :lol:

Nope, i pilot this....

Oh your such an EVIL Newtype Comet, lol! :lol:

Anyone who pilots or wants to pilot a Sailor-Moon-looking-Gundam is truly indeed E-V-I-L!!! :lol:

Though I'm still first & foremost a Macross fan, Gundam has really grown on me the past couple years. Macross however should "never" be done in the massively crouded AU franchise style of Gundam, Macross should stick to being about 1 cohesive timeline.

As for MS's, it's all about the Nu Gundam!

post-26-1078732524.jpg

Katoki didn't design Nu Gundam. CCA was 1989. Ktoki's first official work was 0083, which was 1993 (I think)

If I'm not mistaken, Nu's designer was Yutaka Izubuchi, of Patlabor fame.

Yutaka Izubuchi did design the RX-93 Nu Gundam, along with his other more noteable designs - the RX-78 NT-1 Alex, and MS-18E Kampfer...