my Bandai 1/144 Destroids

Southcross

I have several Bandai 1/144s (still need to upload a few more pics, atleast I am pretty sure they are 1/144s). I only paid a few dollars a piece for them. The are heavily "played with", though joints and such are still pretty tight, etc.

Are they worth enough as they sit to keep them as-is, or would they be worthwhile subjects for customization? Their tiny, but I'm willing to try a few idears I have.

Problem is now matter how I look at them, I can't figure out how to make them "Monstrosities" ;)

Edited by Southcross

the easiest way to tell is.. "do the have "bandai" stamped on one foot and do they contain die-cast?" Takatoku also made them before bandai did and they would have a diamond symbol on a foot. If there is no metal then they are robotech exosquad. Please note that the 1/144 vf's were never released in this country so they average around $20-30.

As for worth... you can get them in box with unapplied stickers for around $20. I've gotten boxed ones as cheap as $10 but I'm god like that. Loose they normally fetch $5-10 each depending on the condition. At one point I had over 100 of the little guys. I like them. You can customize them but I normally just custom paint them as I find it easier to make "Monstrosities" with the 7" mecha. You can check the official customs thread for an idea.

Kanata very generously sent me one of the Matchbox ones with a shipment of other stuff. I think it's pretty nice, though I'd say that collecting a full set is pretty low on my priorities.

One thing to do with it--buy some Dragon CanDo 1/144 armored vehicles (or Takara World Tank Museum--same scale) set them up around your destroids, and pretend its a military museum. I just got a Dragon M1A2 and although it's a little fragile (no die cast) the detail is good and it looks really nice with the Defender.

Edited by ewilen

the easiest way to tell is.. "do the have "bandai" stamped on one foot and do they contain die-cast?" Takatoku also made them before bandai did and they would have a diamond symbol on a foot. If there is no metal then they are robotech exosquad. Please note that the 1/144 vf's were never released in this country so they average around $20-30.

As for worth... you can get them in box with unapplied stickers for around $20. I've gotten boxed ones as cheap as $10 but I'm god like that. Loose they normally fetch $5-10 each depending on the condition. At one point I had over 100 of the little guys. I like them. You can customize them but I normally just custom paint them as I find it easier to make "Monstrosities" with the 7" mecha. You can check the official customs thread for an idea.

no question about who made them they do have the "Bandai" on one foot. Kanata, thanks for the detailed "pricing" info... now I know how good of a price I got on mine. about two years ago I bid on the Phalanx, a single Excaliber, and a single Raider-X on ebay. I think my winning bids were like $4-$6 each. The guy selling them had several others but got no bids so he just threw them in the box with my items. I got two Raider-Xs, three (or was it 4?) Excalibers, the Phalanx and a Spartan all for the sum of about $15+shipping (about $2 a piece)! The only problem with one of the Excalibers is that its canon "joint" is/was broken.. but hey I got it for free ;)

Anywaysies at only a value of $5 ($10 tops, like I said they are heavily played with)... I have so many idears for points of customization. :D

Even the one with the broken "canon joint" I'm gonna butcher the bad boy and make a diarama for it :) alas "Combat Casualty"