Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

you mean there is more to anime then needless violence???

Of course :) There's:

1) Needless melodramatic love stories

2) Needless Machiavellian themes of political manipulation

3) Needless Attention to mechanical detail

4) Needless plot twists

I could go on :)

The only thing that REALLY matters and is not needless is the music and the fan service! :)

Bomba!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just did an order for an SMS Outfit, I'm hoping it turns out alright, should take 2 weeks to arrive after today....well crossing my fingers on that cause the seller is taking I think Chinese new year off and wont be back until next month...so I'm hoping I made it in time.

I just did an order for an SMS Outfit, I'm hoping it turns out alright, should take 2 weeks to arrive after today....well crossing my fingers on that cause the seller is taking I think Chinese new year off and wont be back until next month...so I'm hoping I made it in time.

And, on that note, I don't like the leathery SMS jackets. I like the dull one I saw somewhere.

And, on that note, I don't like the leathery SMS jackets. I like the dull one I saw somewhere.

I don't think this'll be leather in the least...I think it's cotton and polyester which you can wash but you gotta iron you can't put it thru a dryer which will be a pain cause I hate ironing.

Hopefully should see this in 2 weeks. And if it sucks, I'll atleast have something to reference by and just build one from scratch based on that.

I don't think this'll be leather in the least...I think it's cotton and polyester which you can wash but you gotta iron you can't put it thru a dryer which will be a pain cause I hate ironing.

Hopefully should see this in 2 weeks. And if it sucks, I'll atleast have something to reference by and just build one from scratch based on that.

Yeah. I was just saying that there's a lot of popularity around the leather ones (And they look too small to me, as well...)

the jacket itself is rather small.....course with the animation it either goes just passed the chest region or just barely above the waist.

I don't think there's a problem with it being the faux leather/vynel type, I think it looks cool. But it does seem to be a bit too popular.

Hawtness, my stuff shipped 2 days sooner then expected. I really hope this SMS uniform turns out well...I've only had 2 costumes that overall worked...my Bleach after a size exchange for recieving the wrong one, and my ZAFT elite wear which had the patches screwed up.

My D.Gray-man and Raccoon City officer uniforms were practically busts : / seems asian cosplay makers don't have a good grasp on american body sizes or something.

Hawtness, my stuff shipped 2 days sooner then expected. I really hope this SMS uniform turns out well...I've only had 2 costumes that overall worked...my Bleach after a size exchange for recieving the wrong one, and my ZAFT elite wear which had the patches screwed up.

My D.Gray-man and Raccoon City officer uniforms were practically busts : / seems asian cosplay makers don't have a good grasp on american body sizes or something.

They make their measurements shorter so they feel... Bigger... The 1/48 VF-1 is well-endowed for a reason... :p

Well I'll be pretty pissed off if this comes being too tight or not comfortable to wear at all. They had a 100% and have done a lot of comissions and sales...that's why I'm trusting them on this. But I wont know for another week and a half i think.

Wooo! It just cleared Customs this morning and left San Fransisco...so if I'm lucky I'll see it monday!

Got it today, but I'm not too thrilled with it...camera died too so I'm gonna go get some batteries and show ya what's up.

Edited by Hikuro

Well, here it is

This is what I thought I was getting

SMSJacketSide1.jpg

SMSJacketAngle.jpg

SMSJacket.jpg

This is what I got:

IM000870.jpg

IM000867a.jpg

IM000867.jpg

IM000865.jpg

The jacket basically ends at the chest or so which looks REALLY stupid on someone like me, there's no collar strap or jacket zipper : / yet they're seen there on the official photos.

The pants are okay, I'll have to have the hemed by my mother on the legs and waist line if possible. Although the only pockets on there are on the thighs, there are no side pockets and the rear pockets are just for show.

Same with the pocket on the jacket, just for show.

Comparison of Cospa Official Patches with what stitched onto the SMS Jacket

IM000864.jpg

IM000863.jpg

The shoulder Fleet patch is almost dead on to what Cospa has done for the official patch, I have no complaints over it.

however the SMS breast patch is WAY off in both size, color and spelling. the the "M" is on the top right of the photo and doesn't even resemble an M, and the S at the bottom doesn't exactly look like an S itself in my opinion.

It's just way wrong.

I'm already working on a letter and stated in my email when buying this I'm a "large" person espically in that middle area and to take that into consideration...the jacket can wrap around me just fine I got no issues with that part. But it should go down to atleast my waist which seems to happen in the official photos just not me.

You can even see the collar strap and possibly a zipper, but I didn't get that with mine.

I reeeeaaaalllllly want a better jacket : / with the right patch espically.