Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

I'm debating if I should post a pic up of me in my Hikaru T.V. A-class fatigues. Hmmm, maybe after I get a haircut, I'll retake them. I've lost weight, so it should fit me much better. I think my Hikaru suit would work well with that Misa, LOL... Actually, I have a Misa costume for my wife, but it needs to be resized, as my wife is a smaller size than the costume designer made.

Nah, Hikuro originated from a role playing character about 10 years ago when I was apart of unspacy.com aka the AMRN. It pretty much has been stuck with me since then. Infact, my Avatar IS what Hikuro would look like in the DYRL universe.

Were you around for the big AMRN & MRC Spilt?

That is a decent Lisa/Misa Hayes however, the way she is standing and her arm position suggests she could be trying to make herself look thinner. That or she has a badly tailored costume.

Vepariga: Nice cosplay. VFTF1 is right, That's too young for Misa. ;)

Welcome to Macross World. Hope you have a good one.

Graham: Sorry. I said that only because I was sure Hikuro would take no offense.

Hikuro: You weren't offended, right?

Also, I'll give you 25 internets if you actually do that.

Pete: Except in that case, Max and Miriya (Sorry, they're 'Techies) are married...

AND THEIR KID (Actually named Miriya) IS RANKA!

On that last bit, I must add:

"PROTOCULTURE!!!!!!!"

-Gorg Bodolza, The Super Dimension Fortress: Macross Do You Remember Love? (Right before he died.)

Guess I shall be the one to spill the beans, then. She's *Honeybunny0 at deviantart, cute lil' Chlean cosplayer who also happens to be a robotechie (nothing's perfect, man! :( ). And she's 21, so I guess Misa could actually look like this.

watashinokarewapilotbyh.png

She also makes one mean Sheryl

sherylnomecosplaybyhone.jpg

sherylnomeibyhoneybunny.jpg

sherylnomeiibyhoneybunn.jpg

Geez, screw Mexico, I should have gone to Santiago for my spring break. :p

All very cute girls - but none of them scream Misa to me. And Honeybunny just doesn't do enough with her (very beatiful) face as either Misa or Sheryl.

Mind you - I'm not trying to be negative - I think it's great that there are beautiful women who dress up like this - so I don't want anybody to think that I'm just being a whiny beach or something.

The thing is - if I were helping these girls get into character, I would do something about their hair - and the facial expressions they take.

Sheryl has an "I eat men for breakfast" expression - and Honeybunny just has an "I am Honeybunny" expression - so either we need some make up on those eyes to make them more demure, or we need to stand in front of a mirror experimenting with various alluring facial expressions.

As for Misa - the hair is all wrong.

First of all - if you're going to have SDFM TV uniform - then you need to have SDFM TV hair. She has something which can remotely be called DYRL hair - although it's too short even for that.

The next two girls are much better Misas insofar as they look bored, dissapointed, and like they haven't had a man in 2 years: which is exactly the kind of attitude that Misa needs to convey and which is part of her sexual allure.

But again - I'm not trying to be down on these girls - I know that there's a TON of effort that goes into making these suits and taking the time to cosplay is a sign of being a true loving fan.

And finally - no doubt I'd be happy to have a honey like any of them :)

Just some "constructive criticism" :)

Pete

haha,well in some cases i agree with you, but i give credit to them doing a great job regardless.

If i was a girl and did a misa/lisa i surely wouldn't disappoint,id have the hair and everything and make sure i look like i leap out of a animation cell :lol:

Well - she's a lovely girl - that's for sure. Stunningly beautiful.

But she was posed all wrong for Misa. And still would liek to give some body to that hair. It's cut too short to me so "straight" - needs to be thinkened up a bit or she needs to have some extensions done.

Also - she needs a new photographer. I mean - that's some really great material and the photographer is sooo not doing her justice. Heck, even her 'Marylin Manson' companion has been massacred by the photographer - the light is all wrong on MM's face; thus the impression.

Fire the photographer and get a stylist who will do wonders with your hair and away we go. PM me - I can do it :)

EDIT: Oh - and either the light is bad, or I'd also toss her into one of those tanning machines or get the girl into the sun for a while.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Bringing it back to Macross Frontier. I think Gubaba will like this. I do :)

3508fnc.jpg

And here's a little bonus - the Cathy is all wrong (too young, no developing wrinkles, bad hair) - but Leon is just too cool not to admire:

352f5m1.jpg

Pete

Actually, we don't know much about her boobs. The angle of the picture leaves much of a mystery on this front. True, if they were Klan boobs, then you could practically fill some buckets of milk with them - but thankfully Nanase does not have cow boobs, but nice proportional albeit slightly larger-than-average boobs. I think we just get this impression of her having humongous boobs because she's around Ranka all the time (who also, mind you, does have boobs).

I dunno - I see your point, and yeah; of course this girls boobs could be a tad bigger - but come on - the HAIR is perfect, the GLASSES are awesome, the pose is great, the clothing don't look cheap, and her face and figure are to die for.

I give her top ratings anyways :)

Pete

Actually, we don't know much about her boobs. The angle of the picture leaves much of a mystery on this front. True, if they were Klan boobs, then you could practically fill some buckets of milk with them - but thankfully Nanase does not have cow boobs, but nice proportional albeit slightly larger-than-average boobs. I think we just get this impression of her having humongous boobs because she's around Ranka all the time (who also, mind you, does have boobs).

I dunno - I see your point, and yeah; of course this girls boobs could be a tad bigger - but come on - the HAIR is perfect, the GLASSES are awesome, the pose is great, the clothing don't look cheap, and her face and figure are to die for.

I give her top ratings anyways :)

Pete

I do, too.... Just not as Nanase. :p

The Macro Klan is a great cosplay, too bad she's not all that hot (IMHO). But great work on the costume. Hmmm, maybe I'll dork out this year and do Bobby for Anime Expo. Hahaha

Guess I shall be the one to spill the beans, then. She's *Honeybunny0 at deviantart, cute lil' Chlean cosplayer who also happens to be a robotechie (nothing's perfect, man! :( ). And she's 21, so I guess Misa could actually look like this.

She also makes one mean Sheryl

sherylnomecosplaybyhone.jpg

sherylnomeiibyhoneybunn.jpg

Geez, screw Mexico, I should have gone to Santiago for my spring break. :p

Well considering she's wearing a Sheryl costume, there's hope for her yet... B))

She is quite the doll though.... ^_^

Well, she does Sheryl proud. I do have to say unfortunately, I haven't seen a cute "American" Sheryl yet. Most cosplayer woman are usually a little on the extra chunky side. Most anime characters have that size 0 to size 6 body at most. Stupid Fast food nation. This year, I'll have a camera for anime expo.

Dag.

I need to start a cosplay bar or something. Only people dressed up as anime characters can enter.

And the music... :)

Kareoke nights with Basara...

Dreeammy :)

These girls are inspiring :) If beautiful women take the time to dress up as Sheryl Nome, then CLEARLY there's gotta be something good about our hobby :)

When's the last time you saw babes like this dressing up as Optimus Prime or Scarlet or Bat girl?

Then again, since this is the internet, maybe I shouldn't ask...I suspect I'll be flooded with a ton of hot Bat girls in a moment... :)

Pete