Macross Cosplay

Commander McBride

"Sexy" is an understatement :) I'm in love with this girl....

especially since my girlfriend is in a piss poor mood tonight... dag...women sometimes suck. "Hey honey," says I, "good news! I unexpectedly am going to make more money this month than I thought!" "Oh really?" says she with suspicion rather than joy, "don't tell me - that publishing contract thing?"

"yeah - who would have thought it," says me, wondering already why she isn't asking 'how much' or acting happy.... to which she blurts out: "AND WHAT ABOUT THE VACATION YOU PROMISED ME?! YOU SAID IF YOU GOT MONEY FROM THAT PUBLISHING THING THEN WE'D TAKE A LONG VACATION AND NOT ANOTHER CRAPPY WEEKEND RETREAT SOMEWHERE!? WELL!?"

"But...well...yes...but I told you that we were going to do that anyways, I just need to pay off a couple debts and this money is going to help me do that quicker...so we can plan our vacation quicker..." says I, befuddled.

"Well - if you had put it that way in the beginning - then it WOULD HAVE been ok - but that's not what you promised! You said that if you got money from your publishing contract then we'd go on vacation!"

"But...honey...we are going on vacation...and this money will help speed that up...besides, we just went on a vacation a month ago...and..."

"YOU LIED!! You said if you got the money from that contract you'd use it to take me on a vacation!"

"Yeah - in June or July...we were talking about the summer...so...I will take you... I mean...this money will help me clean up my finances so we can go..." say I...

"The truth is - you don't want to go with me because YOU DON'T LOVE ME!!"

:wacko: "How do you figure that?" says I.

"Because my friend told me I was naive for believing you loved me!! You are doing everything possible to avoid going on vacation with me!!"

"But...we...just got back from a vacation together...like...in January...we went..."

"NO! You have no respect for me! And you lie! You just use me for fun! All that matters is whether you are happy or not!"

"So..." says I..."you want to break up?" (at this point I think I accidentally made this question sound HOPEFUL rather than sad...can you blame me?)

"YOU'RE THE ONE who wants to break up! You won't go on vacation with me!"

"So...we won't be spending the weekend together?"

"If YOU don't want to come then I won't be surprised because You don't love me!!"

Somehow - I am thankful I have to take 8 hour drivers ed courses this weekend and we'll only get to see eachother Friday and Saturday night...

it's gonna be a loooooong weekend.

I hate when women behave like this...

Thank God for Macross girls :)

Pete

Now I could be wrong - but I think the key - or a large factor in that cosplay Sheryl's hotness is her hair. It seems that it is not a cheap whig, but a) her real hair and b) she actually went to a stylist, paid the 200 bucks or whatever it is and got a GOOD hair cut.

Or if it is a whig - it's a pro job, she basically has a good hair stylist helping her out.

The other ones seem to usually just buy a whig and dye some of it pink and put it on and say 'I'm Sheryl!'

The dream Sheryl Cosplay would be a girl with great hair, who got a professional stylist to do it up as Sheryl. That's not far fetched since stylists do girls up all the time for special occasions (parties, weddings etc etc).

Anyway...yeah... if my gf keeps this up, I'm just gonna have to change her in for a Minmey equivalent... I'm starting to feel like Hikaru did in that one episode of SDFM TV where Misa ordered him on another patrol as soon as he got back from his last one.

Grumble grumble.

Pete

EDIT: Well - I think my Misa Hayese (aka my girlfriend) has simmered down and put her demon-horns away. She's realized that I love my airplanes more than I love her and told me she's sorry and she's happy we'll be going out this weekend etc etc etc... I swear - a guy thinks older women are better because they are more womanly and mature - but really, sometimes the only difference between them and younger girls is that when an older girl yells at you - she does so with motherly authority :) It's hell out there I tell ya!

Edited by VFTF1

Man thanks for posting those pics of the 21 and 19 cosplay suits n girls Poildread!!! They are brilliantly made, wish i had one for myself. :p

And that SHERYL... yes the sheryl is awesome..... hot. But most of all the Sheryls that have made it on this page have been great, and mostly all hot.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

But most of all the Sheryls that have made it on this page have been great, and mostly all hot.

What we need now is Man-Sheryl in the black leather tube-top concert outfit. A great way to make you retract your statement and a counter to all the crossplay Alto and Ozma characters.

(Run a google search on Man-Faye if you don't get it)

Now I could be wrong - but I think the key - or a large factor in that cosplay Sheryl's hotness is her hair. It seems that it is not a cheap whig, but a) her real hair and b) she actually went to a stylist, paid the 200 bucks or whatever it is and got a GOOD hair cut.

Or if it is a whig - it's a pro job, she basically has a good hair stylist helping her out.

The other ones seem to usually just buy a whig and dye some of it pink and put it on and say 'I'm Sheryl!'

The dream Sheryl Cosplay would be a girl with great hair, who got a professional stylist to do it up as Sheryl. That's not far fetched since stylists do girls up all the time for special occasions (parties, weddings etc etc).

Anyway...yeah... if my gf keeps this up, I'm just gonna have to change her in for a Minmey equivalent... I'm starting to feel like Hikaru did in that one episode of SDFM TV where Misa ordered him on another patrol as soon as he got back from his last one.

Grumble grumble.

Pete

EDIT: Well - I think my Misa Hayese (aka my girlfriend) has simmered down and put her demon-horns away. She's realized that I love my airplanes more than I love her and told me she's sorry and she's happy we'll be going out this weekend etc etc etc... I swear - a guy thinks older women are better because they are more womanly and mature - but really, sometimes the only difference between them and younger girls is that when an older girl yells at you - she does so with motherly authority :) It's hell out there I tell ya!

Your girlfriend's name is NOT Misa Hayase! I can prove it!!! :lol: (Misa lives with me) ;)

Your girlfriend's name is NOT Misa Hayase! I can prove it!!! laugh.gif (Misa lives with me)

Actually - you're right.

My girlfriend is NOT Misa. Misa is waaay to much of a provincial, simple sweet girl (pronvicial in the good sense of down to earth).

I have come to the conclusion that I THOUGHT my girlfriend was Misa - but in reality SHE IS CATHY!!!

She even has this frickin' Leon in her life who she dumped four years ago to be with me but he's always slithering about in his Hawaii kakis and with his bad hair.

She hasn't the faintest bit of sweetness and is completely self absorbed, worries about wrinkles and hates the fact that I don't have 100% time for her the 1% of the time when I actually don't (cause normally I do) - but then berates me for "doing nothing" when I make an effort to spend more time with her.

She's totally like Cathy. And she can't stand the Rankas in my life either :)

So - yeah - I guess it only took me four years to realize that I THOUGHT she was Misa - but hey - Cathy and Misa look pretty similar and the character archetype is similar as well...

Pete

(hot Sheryls at the top of this page)

Eh, dude, I dunno, but the Sheryl in the date clothes seems to be suffering a severe case of Photoshop colour overcorrection - her skin looks like ash in my monitor.

But, isn't the concert Sheryl the really really hot russian cosplayer from a couple of pages back? (from http://www.cosplay.com/costume/159964/)

Edited by Lindem Herz

You know, Pete, my ex-wife used to give me the same hassle all the time. How women equate certain things is beyond any comprehension. Especially since you just went on vacation? I have a friend who's kinda in the same situation. He does a lot for his woman, but anytime he wants to do something positive for himself, or use finances for something he needs, she turns it against him to make him feel like he doesn't do enough for her. She'll say things like, "you don't love me, cause you don't take me out like you used to" or "If you thought of me, and cared for me, you'd buy things like cards and flowers". Forget that he spends hundreds of dollars on clothes and taking her out to dinner. She also gives that "you're just using me" line, but in essence, I think that she's really using him.

Not to say that it's your situation, but that situation takes me back to the days of the ex as well. Hopefully it all works out. Anyways, back to cosplay, has anyone purchased the Mihoshi Academy shirts? They're pretty good looking, but at $100???

You know, Pete, my ex-wife used to give me the same hassle all the time. How women equate certain things is beyond any comprehension. Especially since you just went on vacation? I have a friend who's kinda in the same situation. He does a lot for his woman, but anytime he wants to do something positive for himself, or use finances for something he needs, she turns it against him to make him feel like he doesn't do enough for her. She'll say things like, "you don't love me, cause you don't take me out like you used to" or "If you thought of me, and cared for me, you'd buy things like cards and flowers". Forget that he spends hundreds of dollars on clothes and taking her out to dinner. She also gives that "you're just using me" line, but in essence, I think that she's really using him.

Sounds like a Merc to me... <_<

has anyone purchased the Mihoshi Academy shirts? They're pretty good looking, but at $100???

I totally want those - but it's hard for me to muster the money when there's so many version 2 1/60s out now that I'd rather get them :(

But I'd love a shirt... :(

Pete

She hasn't the faintest bit of sweetness and is completely self absorbed, worries about wrinkles and hates the fact that I don't have 100% time for her the 1% of the time when I actually don't (cause normally I do) - but then berates me for "doing nothing" when I make an effort to spend more time with her.

Uh... not to delve into your personal life, but if that's your assessment, what are you doing with her, still? Sounds like neither of you are happy with what the other is willing to give/capable of giving.

I'd put on some EX-Gear and make a break for it in that situation.

Uh... not to delve into your personal life, but if that's your assessment, what are you doing with her, still? Sounds like neither of you are happy with what the other is willing to give/capable of giving.

I'd put on some EX-Gear and make a break for it in that situation.

Well, in my case, the ex is an ex for a reason. Right now, I have my Misa/Minmay/Ranka/Sheryl/Myun all wrapped up in my wife now. I've never been happier.

Back to topic, I think I'm gonna buy one of those shirts, and I'd like one of the Jackets, too. But for now, I have to decide which one I want. Anyways, keep sending those cosplay pics. Those are hot. I'd like to see a full-size Kan in flight suit cosplay. Any of those around?

I'd like to see a full-size Kan in flight suit cosplay. Any of those around?

Don't know about anyone else but I haven't heard of any fifty foot women walking around in real life - cosplaying Klan Klan or otherwise :)

Oh, don't worry :) If I didn't want you guys giving me advise about my personal life, I wouldn't be writing about it. In fact, I think it's cool to consider relationships by using Macross girls as archetypes for various womanly behavior :)

All my relationships are stormy - er - no...that sounds bad...WERE stormy...that is - all the relationships I've had were stormy :) I'm a difficult guy to be with and I always end up being with "demon women" :) That used to bother me, but the older I get the more I accept it's just how I am and how the women in my life are :)

My girlfriend is smart enough to have texted me a few years back - after one of our routine bitch-fest-fights: "I want to argue and quarrel with you until the day I die."

I think that basically sums it up :)

It's not that we're not happy togther. She has a stressful job and I'm ALWAYS happy no matter what and we just clash because I hate when people who have no mortal illnesses complain about mundane stuff. I think part of the reason is my philosophical nature ("not dying? have all your limbs? not starving - don't complain!) and another part is that I once had a girlfriend who did have cancer and was supposed to die (miraculously it went away - but as everyone knows - it can come back).

That experience kind of desensitized me to any kind of complaining on the part of women that revolves around mundale and banal stuff:)

In any case we spent a lovely evening together and are sleighted for another one tonight :)

I showed her the Sheryls on this page and the other cosplayers and she was like "I wish I had time to dress up like that and pretend I was an anime girl!":)

So at least her heart is in the right place.

Pete

K......SO back to the subject at hand which is Macross Cosplaying...I FINALLY got my new SMS Jacket with the improvements. It's got the collar strap and the right SMS patch, positioned and correct color.

It's just missing a zipper which I think I'll try and put on myself if I can...then I'll just need a new pair of cargo pants and boots and I'm all set for that cosplay.

K......SO back to the subject at hand which is Macross Cosplaying...I FINALLY got my new SMS Jacket with the improvements. It's got the collar strap and the right SMS patch, positioned and correct color.

It's just missing a zipper which I think I'll try and put on myself if I can...then I'll just need a new pair of cargo pants and boots and I'm all set for that cosplay.

Cool!! Glad to hear you got your new jacket, I guessing it fits alot better than the last one, I think you said a size to small.... Any pics? B))

Its by a group called coskingdom. They got a pretty good selection of frontier outfits made to your size. I got one from them 2 months ago but they screwed it up and I had to wait until Last month to get it fixed. pretty good quality and looks nice when its done right.

Well - I checked out their SMS jacket and pants set...

The fabric/material looks really cheap and the Jacket especially looks like it's...I dunno...also cheap fabric... badly cut...

But maybe it's just the maniquen? In general, the girls' stuff looks better than the guys' stuff...

It would be cool if there were some pics of peopel wearing this stuff...

Pete

I'll see if I can take some pictures. Like I said, the material is fine, it's tough, it just could use a zipper to be complete. The pants though I wasn't impressed with cause there are ZERO pockets, just for show, so I'll get my own pair of brown cargo pants.

The thing about cosplay, is that if you don't wanna spend the big bucks, you can't expect to get something amazing.

I had someone quote me almost 500 dollars for a "realistic" looking DYRL style uniform. Basically using the same materials of spandex that was from the Superman Returns film.

Took some pictures, not much for appearance though on showing off the jacket right now. I'll try too when the uniform is actually finished...I still need good quality Cargo pants, and boots and a brand new belt.

IM000919.jpg

IM000915a.jpg

IM000913a.jpg

Atleast the patch is right this time.

IM000915.jpg

Took some pictures, not much for appearance though on showing off the jacket right now. I'll try too when the uniform is actually finished...I still need good quality Cargo pants, and boots and a brand new belt.

IM000919.jpg

IM000915a.jpg

IM000913a.jpg

Atleast the patch is right this time.

IM000915.jpg

You'd look better, smiling? Hehe? :p

Well, it makes you look less fat...

"Susume! Susume! SMS!"

-Taken from "Hymn of the SMS: That Weird Chick is an Alien"

Well, Hik, as Skull Leader, even from a different era, form up. Totsugeki! Love Heart!

yeah, just needs that god damn zipper.

I looked around for Cargo pants, couldn't find any in my size and Walmart was having a HUGE sale on pants of all kinds for like 3 bucks. I guess I can always just look online or make 'em myself, phooey!

Not really sure, it could be just for listings...sometimes you'll just see the same costume listed 5 consecutive times when you're scrolling ebay.

Here's another version of the sms uniform which to me looks like crap and we've seen here in the cosplay forum before.

There's also the Mihoshi Academy uniform Here

My biggest issue with cosplay is that you really don't know what you're going to get. 99% of these on ebay are from Hong Kong specifically....and if you want it done by a local group in the US it costs almost 3-5X's more money cause they'll use the best materials they can find.

I remember, and I've stated it before, one group wanted hundreds and hundreds of dollars to make my DYRL uniform using the same kind of spandex material that was from Superman's outfit in the Return movie ...3 years ago?

While I thought that'd be pretty damn cool, just fatties don't look good in spandex. And I stated that to them, but they still wanted to go with spandex like material though the price wouldn't change!

And you can't find patterns to these, nearly any cosplay outfit is made from scratch and it's difficult for parents who are conned into making these costumes to understand that.